Hurricane Irma - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=twitter;906528837596532736]https://twitter.com/yukonblizzard/status/906528837596532736[/video]

#Irma[FONT=&quot] viewed via Dvorak of latest Satellite loop showing intensifying. [/FONT]#HurricaneIrma

[video=twitter;906527110508019712]https://twitter.com/ColeANjax/status/906527110508019712[/video]

[FONT=&quot]Beaches CLOSED at 10. Yet people are still out here. Tide rising too [/FONT]#firstalertwx

I've been cleaning, too. Partly it is to fend off anxiety, partly because even the cleanest home feels dirty if it is hot and humid.

Be safe!

Did a quick cleaning this morning myself, we have tile floors (which is good) only a couple of throw rugs we picked up off the floor.

Pretty much everything here in Sarasota is closed - Publix too - ran in yesterday to get a few things and never saw so many empty shelves in my life in there :( Glanced out the living room window and saw people bicycling and still driving even though gas is scarce. Figured they may be attending religious services, we live next door to a Kingdom Hall, and one block over is a synagogue. We need all the prayers we can get..... but at least I can get some computer work done today. Prefer to keep my mind busy here until Irma arrives at about 2 AM or so on Sunday. DH and I are also ready to help with any local cleanups after disaster strikes.

Chicken evacuation in Key West, Fla. Better to be 'bound and taped' than to be gone with the wind !
attachment.php

This is wild looking! Never seen anything like this. Can't figure out if they're wrapped in paper or some type of plastic?

Just imagine the logistics of trying to hold a chicken still long enough in order to do this. The looks of their faces too, oh my gosh.

Guess it's true what they say. Desperate measures...

Wow, some expensive boats tied up to the dock in Key West. The pier and boats will be gone, just the pilings will remain. I hope the owners know that.

I remember when my family went down to the Keys for summer vacation one time in the 1970's. Stayed on Sugarloaf Key, where they had their own trained dolphin named Sugarloaf put on a swimming show. I remember the Overseas Highway drive which was pretty cool but I was a kid who liked that sort of thing and even had positive dreams about it in succeeding years. Went to Key West, there is a lot of money down there (Sarasota has a lot of money too, mainly on Siesta Key, as well as Casey Key in Nokomis where horror-story writer Stephen King has a house). Those are my memories of the Fl Keys...

This is wild looking! Never seen anything like this. Can't figure out if they're wrapped in paper or some type of plastic? .

There's probably a website somewhere where strange people exchange photos like this for their mutual satisfaction.

Chicken evacuation in Key West, Fla. Better to be 'bound and taped' than to be gone with the wind !
attachment.php
That seems kind of cruel. :(

[video=twitter;906532573853220864]https://twitter.com/EricBurrisWESH/status/906532573853220864[/video]

[FONT=&quot]NHC has issued their 11am Hurricane [/FONT]#Irma[FONT=&quot] advisory- winds are down to 125, down to a Cat 3. Cuba has done a number, but it lifts away soon.[/FONT]

That seems kind of cruel. :(

I know :( but they can't fly high so they'd be killed by the storm surge.

I'm glad someone is out there collecting at least some of them.

http://www.wftv.com/watch-live

new measurements

at 11

weakened down to 3 curve waitng north turn which should be soon

slowing down indicating she breaking at stop light turning on her turn single and ready to take her north turn !!

the wind numbers they are putting up they are using terminolgy gusts which are not sustained

the power loss numbers in MIA are curious at this point

125 mph

The key west one... someone was riding around on their bike. wth?
I saw that too! Oh the crazy choices people make sometimes....

Did a quick cleaning this morning myself, we have tile floors (which is good) only a couple of throw rugs we picked up off the floor.

Pretty much everything here in Sarasota is closed - Publix too - ran in yesterday to get a few things and never saw so many empty shelves in my life in there :( Glanced out the living room window and saw people bicycling and still driving even though gas is scarce. Figured they may be attending religious services, we live next door to a Kingdom Hall, and one block over is a synagogue. We need all the prayers we can get..... but at least I can get some computer work done today. Prefer to keep my mind busy here until Irma arrives at about 2 AM or so on Sunday. DH and I are also ready to help with any local cleanups after disaster strikes.

You've got our prayers, MaryG12. What a trooper you are too, getting computer work done while you wait.

Great attitude! "Dh and I are also ready to help with any local cleanups after disaster strikes."

I believe, 'salt of the earth' is a good description of you and dh. A genuine asset to your community.

Stay safe and keep us updated as you can...

[video=twitter;906534089343291398]https://twitter.com/yukonblizzard/status/906534089343291398[/video][FONT=&quot]

NHC has issued their 11am Hurricane [/FONT]
#Irma[FONT=&quot] advisory- winds are down to 125, down to a Cat 3. Cuba has done a number, but it lifts away soon.[/FONT]

The key west one... someone was riding around on their bike. wth?

Was that the guy with the little wiener???????????................
:blushing:
a red one..................
riding in his bicycle basket!!!!!
The wiener has no choice in this at all !!!!!!
My concern is for The Ween!!!!!!

:please: PLEASE be safe EVERYONE!!!! :please:

ETA: THIS GUY https://twitter.com/ColeANjax/status/906499514063835136 [HANG ON Wiener!!!!!!!!!! :scared: ]

:grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member