MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the ex had dropped out or something. I don't think he was supposed to be in school, whatever the circumstances behind it were. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I believe the ex had dropped out or something. I don't think he was supposed to be in school, whatever the circumstances behind it were. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

The ex did in fact drop out of school. One of the three calls other than to her mom is allegedly to the exbf. I want to also stress again he only pass portions of the polygraph test, the rest was inconclusive. It should also be noted that during the last search, it was practically in the exbf's backyard, the location of the last search was 15 miles from Belton HS. Someone from the department also stated they had a pretty good idea of what had happened after she left the school, not a direct quote, but close enough.

Yeah I saw that too, where someone from the PD said they had a pretty good idea of what happened to her after school. I'm 24 so I haven't been out of school that long but if I was a teenager that just left school and ditched the rest of the day and I lived close to the school, I wouldn't really be walking around too much because I would fear getting caught by a teacher or maybe even my parents. I would call someone who of course wasn't in school to come and pick me up. If she did in fact call her ex bf, the police should be able to use cell phone pings to see if he went any where near to the high school. If he did go near the school, they can also use the pings to see where he went after, and the LE should have searched in the areas where the pings were located.

Of course this is all assuming that she called her ex bf. But the LE should have already looked at his cell phone records, and even the pings from his cell phone. Thewizard is right about it being close the ex bf's house, I made a map to show where the search took place in relation to his address. I got his address from a webpage that shows his warrant, though it doesn't state what for. http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr319/kcjackie/Monkey stuff/kylryust.jpg

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....962779,-94.474611&spn=0.013481,0.042272&z=15

Of course everyone is innocent until proved guilty, it just makes you wonder how much of a coincidence it is that they are searching that close to his house. Does anyone know if the ex bf went to Belton High School before he dropped out and if he lived at the stated address when Kara disappeared or did he just move there recently.

Of course everyone is innocent until proved guilty, it just makes you wonder how much of a coincidence it is that they are searching that close to his house. Does anyone know if the ex bf went to Belton High School before he dropped out and if he lived at the stated address when Kara disappeared or did he just move there recently.

He didn't live too far away from Kara at one point, within the neighborhood possibly.

I'm close to getting that name of the girl that filed the report. She is believed to be a friend of KY, but will have to confirm. I'll have to go back to the documentary. At the time when they mentioned it, I didn't think too much of it actually, because they didn't give much more information other than the fact that she filed a missing persons report.

However, don't discount that the person that filed the report could've still been good friends with both KK and KY. Just because she was friends with KY, doesn't exactly imply she hated Kara and was trying to help cover up.

The Topix Forum "Where is Kara Kopetsky" has had some action recently - some posted that Kara was rumoured to have died of a drug overdose, one or two days later then people think.....
What does everyone think of this? What do we know about Kara and recreational drug use? I'm not knocking her at all, but a lot of high school kids are definitely open to experimenting this way, and her crowd seemed to be that way.
So, did Kara attend a party after she left school that day?

I just watched this case on TV tonight and wanted to check in to see if any updates since the show aired (don't know the date it was filmed)

To answer Thewizard about the girl who reported her missing. While watching this show, that tidbit at the beginning stayed with me the entire time. The show never came back to that to answer any of my unsettling questions.

This girl reported her missing at 5pm, and told them she hadn't seen her for 2 or 3 days. When in fact she was at school that morning and the days before. Of course my hinky went off. Could this girl have been the one that saw something? Could she have been the one to lay a trap unwillingly for someone and reported it the best way she couldn't without implicating herself? I don't know her name, the show never mentioned if it was the same girl that was shown in the Schools surveillance cameras.

I have a lot of questions about her and I think the Police should either clear that up or go back to her and question her because if indeed she saw something...time has passed now to where maybe she will talk. Offer her immunity or something!

Her mother and step dad really tugged at my heart! I want answers for those parents!

The Topix Forum "Where is Kara Kopetsky" has had some action recently - some posted that Kara was rumoured to have died of a drug overdose, one or two days later then people think.....
What does everyone think of this? What do we know about Kara and recreational drug use? I'm not knocking her at all, but a lot of high school kids are definitely open to experimenting this way, and her crowd seemed to be that way.
So, did Kara attend a party after she left school that day?

Usually all the rumors trace back to the exbf and his cohorts, don't believe a word of it. I don't think anyone would party at 11 in the morning. Hopefully, the Belton PD will man up enough guts and trace that IP address to the person that is starting these rumors. Plus, there isn't anything to support this theory, although she may have been an occasional pot smoker.

I have a feeling someone is trying to purposely mislead the trail with these rumors.

I'm not going to get into any details of anything that has been discussed over the past week, however don't be surprised if you hear some news regarding finding the body and a potential arrest over the next month or two in this case.

Kara has been missing for 4 years. This is one case that I would really like to see solved.

any updates?

I know some acquaintances were putting some pressure on Kylr on his FB page, but it's since died down.

I mentioned before the person I had spoken to had some information and the case could be possibly solved within the next couple of months, however that source could not be verified, it appeared to be under a pseudonym of someone else, again possibly one of Kylr's adherents trying to throw off the track.

It seems pretty certain that things do not take place in a vacuum.
That LE has allegedly stated they have a theory (think they know what happened)
tells me they might know some things that have never been made public.
We, not having access to that info, think we see only a blank wall
when we look for clues to unravel this case.

' . . .Swanson said police think they know what happened to her after
leaving school, but he declined to say what that was.
"We've got a fairly good idea of what transpired from the time she left the
school for at least the following few hours," he said. . . .'
http://www.kmbc.com/r/26886159/detail.html

If Kara was abducted the possibiliities are finite & I hope would/will be
investigated as much as possible.

If she were a runaway she might well have planned the move or she might not have
but either way you look for different types of evidence based on the
possibility being checked.

Whatever happened, the evidence or indication is/or was there to be seen &
interpreted. I just wish we all had access to that info.

side note:
I wish I knew someone that had known her well. I have a couple of simple questions.

I don't think that LE would still be looking if she were a clear runaway, e.g., they knew where she went and it indicated a voluntary missing status.

There are about 2 or 3 friends of Kylr's at the time she disappeared that need to be questioned and put through the lie detector test. It may be the best and only solution to an answer at this point.

I think about Kara a lot, for some reason her story really stuck with me. I think her ex is getting away with murder and it is sickening; even if it is not him, by some freak chance, someone is...

I don't think that LE would still be looking if
she were a clear runaway, . . .
From the searches that have been conducted it does not seem that they are
favoring a runaway theory in this case. It looks as if they possibly expect
to find human remains.
(Of course it could be that they are only fully investigating every lead in the case.)

I am hoping that this case is not the blank wall that it appears to be when viewed
from the outside.

For my own thoughts I just do not see enough evidence for any
one possibility to stand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads