IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also on the fence as to DN's connection to Delphi. If he is connected, it will be revealed in time. I just can't find anything that puts him there in Delphi
The reasons I understand he has been connected to the Delphi murders (beyond the Indiana plates and resembling the BG drawing) comes from something the LE from Colorado said.
http://www.wlfi.com/story/36470258/...say-a-murder-there-may-have-delphi-connection

The Colorado folks saw similarities between the two cases and alerted Indiana. Those similarities are things that the public does not know and Indiana does not want the public to know. So that leads me to trust LE to figure this out.

Thanks! I believe we were on the same wave length at the exact same time...

Does anyone really think the girls' family members are reading here? I wouldn't if I was the family of a murdered person. I would get my info from LE. Just sayin'...
Yes, I do believe they read here. Many members of both families are active on FB group sites. Those group sites often contain far~fetched ideas and are graphic. I am impressed with the comments that I see family members post to set people straight.
This website and our moderators take great pride in sticking to facts.
‘‘Tis just the ole opinion of Rossymom, but I believe they look here often.

Margarita, hugs to you. You have been a rock in this thread, working tirelessly for these girls and all of the others. I don't know if it is any comfort to you, but cops, firefighters, EMS folks, they all have the same feelings you do. Sometimes you are able to compartmentalize them, and sometimes they get the best of you. Talking helps. Especially talking amongst those (like us here) who have just gone through the experience with you. It is why critical incident stress debriefing is such an effective tool. After a particularly bad call, we would all sit in the kitchen of the fire house casually discussing it. It normalizes what just happened and reminds you that you are not alone. Talk to the people who can understand. Get your feelings out amongst those who are having similar feelings. It doesn't make those feelings go away, but it helps to put them in perspective.

This case is an emotional landmine field. It has changed my world too. I get up throughout the night to check that my windows and doors are locked, and to look in on my daughters. I bought a huge German Shepherd and don't let them play outside without out him. But it also meant that a few months ago, when I got a niggling feeling in my stomach from a guy when I was out hiking, I took several pictures of him and his car/license plate, despite how uncomfortable doing so made me. I stared him down with my camera raised. Bless you Libby for teaching me how to be so brave. Side note, later that day, the same man assaulted a woman in a state park one town away.
http://whdh.com/news/woman-assaulted-at-callahan-state-park-in-framingham-police-say/

Take a break if you need to. There is no shame in that. Your health has to come first. But whatever you do, talk talk talk. Don't let these feelings fester. Much love.

:heartbeat:

:grouphug:

I understand your skepticism. Some are thinking he was either working for/living on RL's property around this time frame.

rsbm

Additionally possibly looking for work in one of the nearby farms, meat places (IPP/pig farm, etc...)

We've discussed the hog farms, etc, but have we specifically discussed cattle farms? I can't remember now. I posted a link I think yesterday he has worked on a cattle farm before.

If DN is responsible for Abby and Libby, and th CO biker, I wonder if it could be to terrorize his wife and show her what is in store for her if she walks away. Just speculating.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If DN is responsible for Abby and Libby, and th CO biker, I wonder if it could be to terrorize his wife and show her what is in store for her if she walks away. Just speculating.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Absoluuuutely...she was scared to death of him before and even wrote the judge about this, that she didn't want to be in the same room with him, (link upstream for reference).

Before we progress on this, the mods have clearly stated she is off limits for discussion (talking to myself mainly because you guys know I can go to tooooown on the DV discussion, being a former victim myself.)

On 9/19 - thread #67, post # 877, I suggested the possibility that BG was living in a van off the grid, like a nomad. eek

Some of his photos resemble the photos of BG, except he doesn't look that large. He looks rather scrawny but I suppose that could be the result of living in/out of his car for a few months.

Am I to understand that DN was registered as living in a motel in IN and IN LE went to look for him in July but learned he had moved away in May?

Are we thinking that he exposed himself to the girls, they captured it on film and he killed them so he wouldn't go back to jail?

the fox59 video link above has this info-->
"He was also booked into Morgan County Jail on Feb. 24, 10 days after the Delphi killings."
He reported in to the police station as an SO on the 14th. I know as an SO he has to report in for life,
but shouldn't being arrested trigger something more from his SO supervisor, if that's what they're called?
I'm thinking SOs should have tougher restrictions like someone on parole has. Get arrested you stay in jail.

Everything I read said they didn't look for the girls until the 5:30 PM appointed time to pick them up!

Where did you get 3:30PM?

Do we have a timeline link for that day?
thanks....

Thanks. I thought that I remembered that the person who was there to pick them up started searching the trails and calling for the girls at 3:30 when he/she went to pick Abby and Libby up and couldn't find them. My understanding was that the family waited until 5:30 to call authorities and that's where that time comes from. Let me go back and search time lines... anyone else who can help?

Qmfr:

snip...we all know that whatever happened was unspeakable and beyond words, there's no getting around it. Certain items/types of restraints used are indicators towards MO, etc, which could also be applicable in other past cases which could relate to him. I can think of a million other reasons why this is significant to this discussion, the aspect of restraints, but I'll happily pass if it's offensive.

What is NOT offensive about this case anyway, really?

Adding to this the most important potential aspect, which will most certainly come up at trial, PREMEDITATION (unless he snapped or whatever). Again IF DN is BG.

IMOO There is a correlation (psychologically) between exhibitionism and threatening with an axe/hatchet...both phallic aggressive attempts to threaten and shock, rendering the victim momentarily confused, distressed, ...robbed of presence of mind to feel a sense of control over the interaction. Exhibitionism is a violation of unspoken but understood rules of normal interpersonal engagement. DN's prior history of exhibitionism and his recent arrest for threatening with an axe suggest underlying acting out of power dynamics in interpersonal engagements. It is no surprise that exhibitionism frequently escalates to more serious forms of acting out control/power dynamics. What one had to endure passively gets acted out actively, With this in mind, and with the other details of DN and the Delphi murders, I can see him being the one.

Thanks. I thought that I remembered that the person who was there to pick them up started searching the trails and calling for the girls at 3:30 when he/she went to pick Abby and Libby up and couldn't find them. My understanding was that the family waited until 5:30 to call authorities and that's where that time comes from. Let me go back and search time lines... anyone else who can help?

It would be good to know the timeline. I thought it was here already somewhere, so perhaps someone else knows where it is.

For some strange reason, after reading here all day, an image of DN waving his tools at people keeps coming to mind....ugh...

Please google "hatchetman" and you will see a symbol for it in many forms: as jewel, as print on caps, and so on .....

IMOO There is a correlation (psychologically) between exhibitionism and threatening with an axe/hatchet...both phallic aggressive attempts to threaten and shock, rendering the victim momentarily confused, distressed, ...robbed of presence of mind to feel a sense of control over the interaction. Exhibitionism is a violation of unspoken but understood rules of normal interpersonal engagement. DN's prior history of exhibitionism and his recent arrest for threatening with an axe suggest underlying acting out of power dynamics in interpersonal engagements. It is no surprise that exhibitionism frequently escalates to more serious forms of acting out control/power dynamics. What one had to endure passively gets acted out actively, With this in mind, and with the other details of DN and the Delphi murders, I can see him being the one.

Brilliant.

On 9/19 - thread #67, post # 877, I suggested the possibility that BG was living in a van off the grid, like a nomad. eek

Some of his photos resemble the photos of BG, except he doesn't look that large. He looks rather scrawny but I suppose that could be the result of living in/out of his car for a few months.

Am I to understand that DN was registered as living in a motel in IN and IN LE went to look for him in July but learned he had moved away in May?

Are we thinking that he exposed himself to the girls, they captured it on film and he killed them so he wouldn't go back to jail?
I share the same thoughts that he may have exposed himself and saw that photos were taken so he felt the need to kill them to keep them from reporting him to law enforcement. JMO

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Everything I read said they didn't look for the girls until the 5:30 PM appointed time to pick them up!

thanks....

They were to be picked up between 3 and 3:30, I believe their ride started looking for them at about 3:30. LE was contacted about them at about 5:30. I believe there is a time line in the media thread for this case. MOO

I think there may well have been exhibitionism involved, however I doubt the killings were motivated because he knew they took a pic or video. He left the i phone, most likely accidentally.

thanks....
Its in one of the articles from early in the investigation . A family member arrived to pick them up at about 3:30, and began looking for them when they weren't at the pickup spot, and did not answer the phone.Police were notified around 5:30. It's in the timeline somewhere.

I share the same thoughts that he may have exposed himself and saw that photos were taken so he felt the need to kill them to keep them from reporting him to law enforcement. JMO

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

The only hesitation I have about that is he does this purposefully wanting the unsuspecting victims to see him exposed. He would have to know due to all of the times he was reported and convicted they would tell the police with or without them taking any video.

I think this was a crime of opportunity. One he had thought about for a very long time playing it over and over in his head. This time he wouldn't just have to expose himself, but could carryout his ultimate deviant sick fantasies of actually raping his victims who were all alone with no one else around. Then of course he knew he couldn't leave any witnesses behind so he also murdered them both which also may have been a fantasy of his he had held for a long time.

I do believe he is a deep seeded woman hater for sure, but all that would do is make it easier for him to brutalize, and murder females.

IMO

Imo 45 minutes would have been more than enough time.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Warning, this is graphic and MOO. I guess it would depend on a definition of sexual assault/rape. Assume that they were all where Abby and Libby were found at 2:30 pm after a 20 minute hike down from the bridge. That gives him 45 minutes to an hour before family is there and actively searching. If they weren't there until 2:45 then the time line is even tighter. There are 2 girls and after raping and murdering the first girl who IMO may have put up a fight he is going to be tired. Speaking frankly and keeping human biology in mind, I do not think he would have had the stamina to rape and murder clean up, partially bury (MOO) the second girl and still get out of dodge in time for witnesses to see him looking cool calm and collected as he made his way back off the trail system and out of dodge. MOO but this is why I think if a rape in the usual way occurred then only one at most was raped. Sorry to be graphic but it speaks to the nature of this crime, which is horrific and full of rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆