Fast-Food Worker Returns $185,000 Check Found on Sidewalk

bakerprune64

Former Member
Reaction score
Reggie Damone just wanted to jot down a phone number when he picked up what he thought was litter on a sidewalk this week. But what he found was an envelope containing a $185,000 check.
Damone, who receives food stamps and works at McDonald's, said he didn't think twice about trying to cash it. Instead, the 47-year-old took a bus Monday from his Jewett City home to a bank and returned the check to the niece of the landlord to whom the check was written.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,319428,00.html:dance: Good for him! His momma should be commended for raising such an honest person.

Wow, that's awesome that he did that! I wish there were more honest people like him around :)

How about a years bus pass, would that affect his foodstamp allowance?

He was and is an angel.

How about a years bus pass, would that affect his foodstamp allowance?

He was and is an angel.

I'm not sure, very likely it would since it has a monetary value. :( Gifts over a certain amount count against you, and past a certain range there is a heavy deduction, past that and they could lose benefits.

ETA: Ask though, it might not, but probably so. It has been a while since any of my friends have had to be on welfare, though friends-of-friends are.

I'm not sure, very likely it would since it has a monetary value. :( Gifts over a certain amount count against you, and past a certain range there is a heavy deduction, past that and they could lose benefits.

ETA: Ask though, it might not, but probably so. It has been a while since any of my friends have had to be on welfare, though friends-of-friends are.
I think the monetary value has to be in excess of $150. I'll check tomorrow when I get to work.

Beautiful story, beautiful person! We need more people like him. I think a year's free bus pass is a great idea. Though, he probably did it just to do the right thing and expected nothing in return.

Lion

What an honorable fella! Someone should try to hire him out from under McDs and help get him off foodstamps. Honesty goes a long way in this day and age.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back