trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #108

Status
Not open for further replies.
so basically jodi calls having an argument with your boyfriend a "nervous breakdown"

ooo......kkkk

I love Vince Bugliosi (hope I got that right--I'm too tired to Google it!)

his book, And the Sea Will Tell is one of my favorite true crime books. I was absolutely convinced of oee thing from the start and by the end of the book he had totolly convinced me otherwise.

Getting an insecurity complex :( (everyone ignoring me)

I know how you feel. The threads here move so fast your posts get left behind very quickly. I'm still trying to catch up :run:, but it's not easy keeping up with these folks. Just giving a shout out to ya. :seeya:.

ETA: I always like that time of day when Panthera comes to hang out. That's when things quiet down a bit and you can catch up with the posts and appreciate each and every one of them. :great:

Then there's nothing stopping her from talking about Jodi, right? Then why hasn't she? See my point?

Maybe she will eventually. Wilmott loves to go into minute, unnecessary detail. Maybe this is just her usual never ending set-up. I hope NOT but I know this woman examined JA and wrote a report. If we're working up to that, it's taking way too long.

Hell, if we're NOT working up to that, it's still taking way too long!

Listen again. She asks him to try to astral project while they're sleeping. He replies, "Will do." Not 'love you' but 'will do.' It's at the 1:07:53 mark on the tape.

Jodi Arias & Travis Alexander Sex Tape - YouTube

Anybody agree or disagree?

Sounds like 'will do', or I'll do - hard to tell. Didn't sound like "I love you", though. The 'good night' sounds like "ganagh' - like he was already half asleep.

second verse, same as the first. Couples counseling blah, blah, blah. Jodi felt faint and court stopped so she could have an energy bar ....Juantini recipes being swapped...virtual happy hour has begun ;)

OFGS - I have NO sympathy for her. I was watching most of the day and all of a sudden started feeling dizzy, shaky. Dang - check my sugars. 65! Anything under 70 is bad news. Quick, grab the OJ, make a turkey sandwich with lettuce and cheese. Finally starting to feel better. Being a diabetic is no fun.

Her and her stoopid power bar. She has NO clue what needing food really means to some people.

ps: only have myself to blame as I went longer than I should to eat. But on the upside, I got to eat 3 chocolate eggs (you know, the tiny ones). That doesn't happen very often :)

Hugs,

Mel

I am catching up with today's testimony. I am a prosecutor of domestic violence crimes (and am currenlty in the middle of a murder trial where a woman stabbed her boyfriend). This testimony is absolutely enraging to me because ALV is speaking in such broad terms and much of her testimony describing abusers relates to the evidence we've heard about JA, not Travis; yet these "generalities" regarding abusers will be applied to Travis by the defense. I have faith that JM will "make this witness his own" on cross.

Yummy ..I love yall. This is a great recipe....A round of Juanitini for everyone here that wants one. Thank you.

That's because can't. There was a hearing about it. She can't say anything specific about Travis. Juan fought to muzzle her and the defense team.

I'm adding a big old YAY JUAN to that. YAY JUAN! Thank you for fighting hard for TA!

She can't be specific about Travis - can't talk about him directly. She can't call him an abuser etc.

IIRC, she can discuss Jodi, but JW hasn't asked her about Jodi yet.

Yes, I know. My point was WHY, after a day + of testimony, hasn't she asked about Jodi? I'm not going to repeat my previous post. You can go back and read it again if you want. :)

He was at a club I waitressed at in Houston in the 90's & he had B.O.--good tipper, though!

Well, what do you expect??? He was running through the jungle and he was hungry like the wolf!

:floorlaugh:

Can someone cite the precedent that demonstrates prior abuse (childhood, partner, other) forces a victim to commit murder yet simultaneously being a mitigating factor?

I'll wait...

Maybe she will eventually. Wilmott loves to go into minute, unnecessary detail. Maybe this is just her usual never ending set-up. I hope NOT but I know this woman examined JA and wrote a report. If we're working up to that, it's taking way too long.

Hell, if we're NOT working up to that, it's still taking way too long!

Really? So she did write a report?

Did you hear det Flores mention a bad check? Or am I dreaming? Please somebody listen.

He was explaining that it doesn't matter if she was there for writing a bad check or murder, she still needed to be handcuffed.

his book, And the Sea Will Tell is one of my favorite true crime books. I was absolutely convinced of oee thing from the start and by the end of the book he had totolly convinced me otherwise.

Oh, I love that one! I was struck with how dangerous the high seas are--there are a whole 'nuther breed of criminals who exist on tropical islands!

I'm a true crime book fiend--although it's pretty hard to find any well written ones anymore. Remember the good old days of Fatal Vision & books that were 350+ pages? At least it's fun to reread the good ones like Helter Skelter!

You should check out a documentary that visits all the places in CA where Charlie & family hung out. It's from a guy that does murder tours in LA--I'll have to find out what the name is--it's very eerie!

Did you hear det Flores mention a bad check? Or am I dreaming? Please somebody listen.

this was when she asked to go to the bathroom and asked if the cuffs had to be on,he said whether you've written a bad cheque or have murder charges again't you the cuffs stay on its just the way it is

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 28m

LaViolette has given a tutorial about domestic violence. She should get into more specifics about this case soon. #JodiArias

one word: EXTRAPOLATION.

(and yes the thread is now closed but my word diarrhea is pushing this one out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288