GUILTY FL - Ke'Andre Coleman, 4, beaten to death, South Daytona, 15 April 2013

gregjrichards

Reaction score
A mother and her live-in boyfriend are accused of beating her four-year-old son so badly over three days that he died from his injuries.
Mikkia Shardae Lewis and Joe Genard McCaskell from South Daytona were arrested over the April 15 death of Ke'Andre Coleman, who was pronounced dead at their home when paramedics arrived.
Lewis told detectives when they interviewed her: 'I guess I whooped him too much' and admitted telling her son two days before he died that she 'gives up' and 'I don't want you any more'.
The medical examiner took a full day to record all of his injuries, which included shoe impressions all over his body, a red and swollen bottom with open sores, a mutilated nipple, scabs on his stomach, hemorrhaging in his thighs and shoulders that appeared dislocated.
The couple have been charged with aggravated child abuse but additional charges are expected pending the final result of the cause of death.
South Daytona Police Chief Ron Wright said: 'This four-year-old child suffered tremendously, tremendously. Makes me want to throw up.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-4-death-didnt-want-more.html#ixzz2RuBB1PK2
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Another precious child tortured and murdered why does this keep happening? I hope they get death and end up in hell.

RIP Ke'Andre

keandre2.jpg

keandrej.jpg

keandre3.jpg

Her facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/mikkia.lew....115096641905892.22839.100002166695387&type=3

Her family does not appear to be supporting her. Very refreshing!

:( I don't understand why some people who don't want their children don't give them to people who do, but would rather torture a child who can't defend himself. Sick and evil is what they are.

I have hate in my heart for this unusual woman. Look at that child! Look at that precious baby's smile!

I give up. I don't want you anymore.

WTF? Really, this is what this unusual person said to her child before she spent three days stomping on him, torturing him, to death?

I wish with all my heart I believed in hell. If ever a person belonged burning for an eternity there, she does.

That poor little man, can you imagine? Your mother tells you she doesn't want you anymore then spends DAYS slowly killing you?

This is not some mother snapping, overwhelmed or in the moment. This B spent days inflicting the most unimaginable pain on her own child.

I need to go have a good cry now.

This boy's great grandmother posted this on her FB page on April 15. I wonder if she's found out the truth yet.

"Moms' watch your children.I l,ost my great grandson this morning,due to a fall down a flight of steps and was let to sleep and never woke up. W hen they fall keep them awake and to be sure they are ok, have them checked out at a hospital. He probably had a concusion."

RIP Ke'Andre

keandre2.jpg

keandrej.jpg

keandre3.jpg

Her facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/mikkia.lew....115096641905892.22839.100002166695387&type=3

Her family does not appear to be supporting her. Very refreshing!

agreed and it appears their non supportive posts where from when her story was that KeAndre "fell" and they were angry she had not taken him to the hospital. Imagine their distress and anger now that the true facts are out. On April 15th mom was apparently still going with the "oops he fell down the stairs" story.

Just so upsetting. I will never understand. IMO there will never be a harsh enough punishment. I can't get past his fear. His pain. three days.

Great Gramma is in a lot of pain over this. I wish her the best. I can't imagine this family's pain knowing what their family member did.

This boy's great grandmother posted this on her FB page on April 15. I wonder if she's found out the truth yet.

"Moms' watch your children.I l,ost my great grandson this morning,due to a fall down a flight of steps and was let to sleep and never woke up. W hen they fall keep them awake and to be sure they are ok, have them checked out at a hospital. He probably had a concusion."

Thanks for sharing that. While grieving for her great-grandson, she reached out to mothers of young children to tell them what to do after a child has a fall to make sure the child is OK. How devastated Ke'andre's great-grandmother must be now!

great gramma does know the truth now and addresses it on her own page.

She expresses her own lack of understanding of how any mother could harm their child and that she loves her own children and grandchildren unconditionally. That is how it is supposed to be. She advises young women not to have babies they don't want. Babies are a gift. If they want to have fun use protection. Don't beat, torture or otherwise harm their children.

heartbreaking. gonna be praying for her.

February 2014:

A mother facing a possible death sentence if convicted in the killing of her 4-year-old boy will remain in jail after a judge rejected pleas on Monday for her release from the dead boy’s biological father and family members...

Miller said that Lewis told him that over three days she had punished the child through beatings and “excessive calisthenics,” such as staying in a push-up position for a long time. She also said McCaskell had also inflicted punishment on the child.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20140224/NEWS/140229644?p=2&tc=pg

March 2014:

Ke'Andre's mother, 22-year-old Mikkia Lewis had drug arrests on her record, as did Joe Genard McCaskell, the 32-year-old man who shared her South Daytona apartment. McCaskell also had a history of domestic-violence arrests. There were at least two calls to the state's child abuse hotline before April 15, 2013....

paramedics responded to the apartment after a frantic call from Lewis. By the time they arrived — probably hours before, police say — Ke'Andre was already dead.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20140328/EDIT01/140329215

29 March 2016

A mother facing a possible death sentence if convicted of killing her 4-year-old boy in 2013 cannot help in her own defense, according to a motion filed by her defense attorney to declare her incompetent to stand trial.

Mikkia Shardae Lewis, 25, is charged with first-degree felony murder and aggravated child abuse. Her boyfriend, Joe McCaskell, 35, faces the same charges and, like her, a possible death sentence if convicted. Both are being held without bail at the Volusia County Branch Jail.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/n...n-4-year-old-sons-death-incompetent-for-trial

http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/20180429/suspect-in-2013-killing-of-s-daytona-4-year-old-faces-death-penalty-in-trial-next-week

A South Daytona man could face the death penalty if he is convicted at trial starting Monday of having a role in the killing of his then-girlfriend’s 4-year-old son.

Both Joe McCaskell, 37, and Mikkia Shardae Lewis, 27, are charged with first-degree felony murder and aggravated child abuse. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against both of them.

Prosecutor: S. Daytona child fatally beaten because he didn’t know his letters, colors

Assistant State Attorney Heatha Trigones, who is prosecuting the case along with Tammy Jaques, said in her opening statement that Ke’Andre had a number of bruises and what appeared to be a shoe imprint on his buttocks. That imprint later matched a shoe investigators seized from the apartment.

“They beat and punished a 4-year-old little boy until his body gave out,” Trigones said.

Investigators also found a piece of a broken belt in the child’s room and the other piece in McCaskell’s room. They found a second piece of a broken belt and nearby a blood-stained towel, Trigones said.

Along with the beatings, Ke’Andre was punished by being forced to maintain positions, like squatting and pushups, for extended periods of time, the prosecutor said.

S. Daytona man’s murder trial: 10-year-old testifies to seeing beating of boy

A 10-year-old child took the stand Thursday at a murder trial and testified he watched through a window as a man used a cord to beat the little boy that man would later be charged with killing.

The 10-year-old, R.G., said that man was Joe McCaskell.

R.G. said that he was looking out the window one day and could see through an open front door into McCaskell’s apartment. He said he saw Ke’Andre on the floor as McCaskell stood over him and beat him with a cord. R.G. made a waving motion as if someone was repeatedly striking something.

“He was getting beat. I heard him saying ‘help,’ ” R.G. said.

Gilmore said they were arguing about his “ABCs.”

South Daytona mom pleads to 2nd-degree murder in son's death

A South Daytona mother who prosecutors said beat and punished her 4-year-old son so severely that he died after suffering injuries, including having a nipple nearly torn off, has pleaded no contest to second-degree murder.

Mikkia Shardae Lewis, 27, was charged with first-degree felony murder and aggravated child abuse and would have faced a possible death sentence if convicted on those charges in the death of Ke’Andre Coleman.

Instead Lewis will face a minimum of 40 years and up to life in prison after reaching the plea deal with prosecutors Tuesday. Circuit Judge Matt Foxman has yet to set a sentencing date.​

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back