The Bonfire

Another reason I do not believe she was burned there.

Looking back through initial interviews, I don't believe there was even a fire that day.

I have been rewatching the doc and I think in E4 or E5 there is a taped phone conversation between SA and Barb and SA tells Barb there was a bonfire that night. She is telling him why she feels he and Brandon did it saying "well...he was over at your house that night" and SA states "yes, but he came over, we had the bonfire and then he was home by 9:00."

You realize that the bones weren't found until the week of 11/5 right ?

There was also a bone found at the quarry site and in the Janda burn barrel, suggesting moving of bones.

What exactly suggests to you that the bones couldn't have been further burned 11/1 - 11/4 ?

True, but this involves paying attention and checking on progress. If SA was paying attention, moving around bones to burn further, how does he miss hip bones? In the same train of thought, how does he NOT see that the phone etc did not burn all the way down?

If he planned this, knew how to get the fire hot, took the care to shift through the bones for further burning, etc, then I have a problem with him not moving the cell phone stuff from the burn barrel. And I have a problem with him not getting rid of the car or license plate as thoroughly. I have a problem with him leaving the bullet shells in the garage if he knows they are associated with her killing. Cleaning one spot on the floor, but not sweeping up the shells? But then again, I also have a problem with him making an appointment to murder someone, especially when she can arrive at anytime -- and people getting off school buses, riding golf carts around, etc. It's just strange.

If I was SA and I killed her, I'd dump the burned phone etc stuff out somewhere else. I mean, SA just doesn't seem like a person trying to get away with this. I can only assume he did not want to go back to jail, so common sense would be to do the most possible to get rid of evidence. If he knows he's bleeding, why not review the car for his blood. He would know where TH hadn't bled by then versus where he'd been in the car. He wanted to clean blood out of the garage, why not the car?

I don't get that part.

In one of the recorded phone calls between BD and his mother Barb, BD admits to his mother he did participate in the crime that day. No one from LE was coercing BD during that call. Barb gets really upset and asks him why and why he (BD) didn't come to her (Barb).

https://www.reddit.com/r/MakingaMur...cript_of_brendan_dassey_phone_call_to_mother/

So this reminds me of Chuck from Ryan Ferguson case.

new picture released..... exhibit 49 Too bad they didn't move the camera a little to the left so the actual burn pit would have been photographed *sigh*

View attachment 89243

So where was Bear during this big fire? Did anyone ask? No one in Barb's house felt hot? I mean, a 2000 degree fire in her back yard? Is that house burned like that due to these types of fires?

Where was Bear when people planted evidence?

So where was Bear during this big fire? Did anyone ask? No one in Barb's house felt hot? I mean, a 2000 degree fire in her back yard? Is that house burned like that due to these types of fires?

Where was Bear when people planted evidence?
And you noticed how close the shed & propane tank are, right?
By the grace of God.. they were spared as this RAGING FIRE went on & on..*insert sarcasm here*
How in the heck would one be able to stoke a fire of that size?? That...intensity?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

And you noticed how close the shed & propane tank are, right?
By the grace of God.. they were spared as this RAGING FIRE went on & on..*insert sarcasm here*
How in the heck would one be able to stoke a fire of that size?? That...intensity?

Yes, this is troubling. Sometimes when I think about the case, I'm like, that's too much for the police to fake and too big a conspiracy. Other times, I'm like, "But none of this bleep sounds right. I'm sorry, it doesn't."

Especially this fire right there beside the dog. And you are right. there is a tank right there. He could have blown that whole place sky high if some embers blew off that thing, and it is important to ask how close can ANYTHING be to a 2000 degree fire without suffering some effects.

And forget about the smoke. What if the smoke blew in the direction of the living quarters?

I think I read that TH's farm has an incinerator or something. Is that true? And her ex lived on that farm or near it, right?

I mean, maybe they are idiots to begin with to have a burn pit that close to the house in the first place. But you would think it would take experience to know how to burn a human body to the degree she was burned if you are using an open pit. Otherwise, it would take a long time, like it took for that other murderer. It's hard to believe SA was so successful on his first try.

But I still have a hard time believing he was moving her around the property but didn't take enough care to get the hipbone or to totally get rid of the phone and other accessories that didn't fully burn. That makes no sense. You can be so intent on burning her down that you move her around, but then you don't bother getting rid of the phone carcass.

Looks like he had from Monday at 241pm until Thursday at 6-730pm before the police knew something, and then from then until Saturday morning to get rid of the stuff. Why did he not do it?

Yes, this is troubling. Sometimes when I think about the case, I'm like, that's too much for the police to fake and too big a conspiracy. Other times, I'm like, "But none of this bleep sounds right. I'm sorry, it doesn't."

Especially this fire right there beside the dog. And you are right. there is a tank right there. He could have blown that whole place sky high if some embers blew off that thing, and it is important to ask how close can ANYTHING be to a 2000 degree fire without suffering some effects.

And forget about the smoke. What if the smoke blew in the direction of the living quarters?

I think I read that TH's farm has an incinerator or something. Is that true? And her ex lived on that farm or near it, right?

I mean, maybe they are idiots to begin with to have a burn pit that close to the house in the first place. But you would think it would take experience to know how to burn a human body to the degree she was burned if you are using an open pit. Otherwise, it would take a long time, like it took for that other murderer. It's hard to believe SA was so successful on his first try.

But I still have a hard time believing he was moving her around the property but didn't take enough care to get the hipbone or to totally get rid of the phone and other accessories that didn't fully burn. That makes no sense. You can be so intent on burning her down that you move her around, but then you don't bother getting rid of the phone carcass.

Looks like he had from Monday at 241pm until Thursday at 6-730pm before the police knew something, and then from then until Saturday morning to get rid of the stuff. Why did he not do it?
All great points/questions, I like you![emoji6]
Missy is our expert ( we kinda nominated her about a year and a half ago after noticing she was all about facts, studied the case extremely well and her memory.. spectacular! ) and can weigh in on the incinerator.
FWIW I remember someone having an incinerator too.

I am not sure if her family had an incinerator on their property.

Her ex, Ryan, didn't live on the property. TH lived right next to her parents (in a rural, farm setting), RH moved into TH's when she went missing. It was odd IMO He was an ex... sleeping in her house, and was ALWAYS there when LE showed up it seemed. Who does that when you are hoping to find her alive?

wasnt_me... you seem to have the same questions that a lot of us had (and still have... yes sorry, some of these questions don't have answers :( ) ... it's fun to watch you start at the beginning LOL

Oh, okay. I thought he was living there the whole time. I thought that was weird a hell to have your ex as your roommate or neighbor, but whatever, I thought.

yeah, that is very bizarre about this ex. Very weird.

I feel like I'm at an open buffet of evidence. I go over here and nipple, then I move over there and nibble. I don't get how the police didn't investigate the ex that becomes all involved out of the blue like this. Depending on their relationship, this ex might have known that she went to the junkyard several times and that Steven creeped her out. So that could mean he knew who to set up.

I don't know where I read that about their farm, but I swear I did. I'll have to find it again.

Oh, okay. I thought he was living there the whole time. I thought that was weird a hell to have your ex as your roommate or neighbor, but whatever, I thought.

yeah, that is very bizarre about this ex. Very weird.

I feel like I'm at an open buffet of evidence. I go over here and nipple, then I move over there and nibble. I don't get how the police didn't investigate the ex that becomes all involved out of the blue like this. Depending on their relationship, this ex might have known that she went to the junkyard several times and that Steven creeped her out. So that could mean he knew who to set up.

I don't know where I read that about their farm, but I swear I did. I'll have to find it again.
I remember reading about the farm/incinerator too.. I've been digging this morning in between house work..
If you find it, will you please lmk?
Thanks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member