(Casey) Johnson & Johnson Heiress Dies

songline

Reaction score
Johnson & Johnson Heiress Dies
Posted Jan 4th 2010 7:51PM by TMZ Staff
She died in L.A. We're told the body was discovered this morning.

She was 30 years old. Her father is Woody Johnson -- owner of the New York Jets.

Johnson was arrested in November for grand theft -- the alleged victim was a former girlfriend.
Johnson was reportedly engaged to Tila Tequila. We spoke with Tila a few minutes ago. She says they were fighting last week and that Casey stayed at Tila's house on the 28th. Tila tried contacting Casey on the 29th because Casey had left her dogs behind. Tila says Casey's phone has been shut off since the 29th and she was not able to make contact.
Johnson -- who tweeted frequently -- last tweeted on December 29 at 1:13 AM.

The cause of death is undetermined.
http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/04/johnson-and-johnson-heiress-casey-johnson-dies-death-los-angeles/

What is going on with these stunning young rich talented kids?
I don't know what is wrong with them?
They have it all and can have such beautiful lives, what is wrong with them?

crazy, i just saw her and tila the other day at the roosevelt, they seemed pretty happy

:(

When you're abusing prescription meds (any drugs really), you don't think you are going to die - it's not usually even a reality to you - you are just trying to get higher or get right. It's a warped perception, not based in reality, and almost impossible to explain to someone who's never lived in that reality.

May she rest in peace.

It's also possible she suffered from depression. That's something that hits rich, poor, young, old. It doesn't discriminate.

What is going on with these stunning young rich talented kids?
I don't know what is wrong with them?
They have it all and can have such beautiful lives, what is wrong with them?

What's wrong with them is that even though they "have it all", no one ever taught them/showed them how to be happy.

(Maybe I should have added that it seems from my observations that many people who "have it all" but are unhappy nonetheless (whether due to depression or some other cause) often need to seek a new thrill/adventure/experience/possession which provides them with a temporary sense of "happiness", but isn't true happiness, only manufactured by one's surroundings. When the surroundings change or lose their "sparkle," the happiness disappears.)

Omg, this is awful. I guess for some rich young people money and fame just aren't enough.

Addiction and mental illness don't care how gilded your life is...and I can speak to that, personally. I "have it all". I'm so grateful I don't have to worry about anything, but that sort of luxury leaves a different void in one's life.

When you're abusing prescription meds (any drugs really), you don't think you are going to die - it's not usually even a reality to you - you are just trying to get higher or get right. It's a warped perception, not based in reality, and almost impossible to explain to someone who's never lived in that reality.

May she rest in peace.
Southcitymom,

I couldn't have said it better myself...100% true. This may come back to bite me, but sometimes you also forget what you've taken if you're already messed up...I, myself, try to be very, very careful when I have to combine my seizure meds (benzo) with painkillers, etc. I have even stayed awake all night because I was terrified I took too much and didn't want to pass away in my sleep (and when very depressed, even wrote a note out one time with the meds I had taken and that if something happened, it wasn't intentional) Not even funny..

She probably didn't mean this to happen, at all. (No worries about me...I'm doing great...that was the past)

What's wrong with them is that even though they "have it all", no one ever taught them/showed them how to be happy.

Very true...however, depression/unhappiness permeates every social tier....every family. You can't be taught to "be happy" (but I suffer from depression) This happens a 100 times a day, and we don't read about it...

You CAN be taught to be happy, in the sense that you are taught (by your parents or other significant caregiver) what happiness is, and isn't -- that happiness comes from within yourself, and that happiness that comes from possessions is fleeting.

You CAN be taught to be happy, in the sense that you are taught (by your parents or other significant caregiver) what happiness is, and isn't -- that happiness comes from within yourself, and that happiness that comes from possessions is fleeting.
Sorry, I don't agree. The results can be the same whether the parents are stable and down-to-earth or on their own planet. It happens all of the time. We don't know that she thought possessions made her happy...Very few rich people do....they're even more aware of it, I think. JMO. I agree to disagree. =)

Sorry, I don't agree. The results can be the same whether the parents are stable and down-to-earth or on their own planet. It happens all of the time. We don't know that she thought possessions made her happy...Very few rich people do....they're even more aware of it, I think. JMO. I agree to disagree. =)

I don't disagree with you that the results can be the same but I will go out on a limb and say that many, not all, of those born of privilege are never forced/encouraged/taught to do anything of real value with their lives. They often do not pursue higher education, work meaningful jobs, invest time in volunteer work, etc. They have had it all given to them from the beginning and their lives are devoid of any real deep meaning derived from working hard at something, anything.

I just read where Casey Johnson's deepest "regret" was that when Paris Hilton asked her to be on the Simple Life with her she turned her down and Nicole Ritchie took the role instead. Kinda says it all for me.

Casey Johnson -- Diabetic Coma History
Posted Jan 5th 2010 10:08AM by TMZ Staff

Casey Johnson -- Diabetic Coma HistoryCasey Johnson fell into a diabetic coma twice and had to be hospitalized, law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We're told Johnson had a history of diabetes and insulin syringes were found in her home after she died.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/05/casey-johnson-hospitalized-diabetes-coma/

Jump right in, I've had people disagreeing with me all day, and vice versa! :D

I was just answering the OP that said something to the effect of, "What's wrong with these young people, they have everything!"

Merely trying to add the insight that "having everything" doesn't really mean anything, if you're not happy.

But you're right, she could have been the happiest darned person on the face of the earth, with or without her possessions or money.

I agree with many of the posts, let me clarify what I meant when I said:
What is wrong with these young people? They have it all and can live such a happy life.

I do understand depression, mental illness, as some of you know my daughter is bipolar...
and I know of both rich and poor effected by depression and metal illness.

The difference is one:
The rich can have the best of care, and continuous care.
the poor however have another scenario. It is not always the same.

While happiness does not come from material things or money,
the only thing money does offer is endless opportunity and possibilities.

I have known both sides of that coin :D

I dont really see how money effects the level of ones true happiness. Maybe in the short term it could.
. I think it has to do with peoples feeling of security. People think that having money can make them secure. That doesnt always happen.

Security is freedom from anxiety or fear.
Money doesnt make everyones anxiety or fear dissipate.

I dont really see how money effects the level of ones true happiness. Maybe in the short term it could.
. I think it has to do with peoples feeling of security. People think that having money can make them secure. That doesnt always happen.

Security is freedom from anxiety or fear.
Money doesnt make everyones anxiety or fear dissipate.

Having money simply ensures that your basic needs will be met (housing, food, clothing, transportation) and your bills (hopefully) will be paid, so, to a certain extent, having money does lend itself to some sense of security. If you doubt this, just ask anyone having problems with any of the above.

In my opinion, what could possibly be worse than being so rich you could afford anything at all you desire, and still not be happy? So many people think, '...if I just had (fill in the blank) ... life would be perfect'. Imagine being able to afford ANYTHING you desire and STILL not be happy?

At any rate, my hubby has suffered from severe (suicidal) depression and is bi-polar...thank God he is finally doing better...

May she rest in peace...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back