AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Craig's List though & it's not pertaining to Samantha...but it could be in an off beat kind of way. If I can't post it I'll try to think of another way to word my question... No biggie.
Jersey..
I THINK Im seeing the same thing that youre seeing. Perhaps one of us could ask a mod. about it.

Ok, I'm always skeptical of CL bc of rumors, *advertiser censored*, stolen goods, etc but I got to thinking about something. I've been going through Craig's List Anchorage in the Rants & Raves section under Personals and I came across this (which was posted on the 3rd):
http://anchorage.craigslist.org/rnr/2833610123.html

It reminded me of the "oblivious" guy sitting in the pickup 50 ft away from Sam. I'm not saying this guy has anything to do with her abduction, but follow me for a sec bc it gave me an idea. Here's the article where the guy in the truck is mentioned:
http://www.adn.com/2012/02/08/v-printer/2307318/police-report-some-progress-in.html

Snipped:
The abduction was apparently so stealthy that a person seen in the video, sitting in a pickup about 50 feet from the stand, didn't appear to notice anything strange, Tyler said.

"They were just oblivious," he said.

So this got me thinking about the weather. I googled it & found there was a blizzard warning with freezing rain until 6:00 pm the night of the 1st & there were avalanche danger warnings as well...dangerous driving conditions. Here's that link:
http://www.adn.com/2012/02/01/2295067/mixed-bag-of-foul-weather-hits.html

So when I read that comment on Craig's list, I looked at the proximity of where the commenter was referring & it's less than 10 miles away, near water, going towards a state park, etc. The commented said the truck had gravel in it. Is that normal to assist the driver in getting unstuck? I'm assuming yes. Considering the truck with the guy in it parked by Sam makes me wonder if Sam's abductor had a lookout, an accomplice. The accomplice could have parked near & the perp could have placed Sam in that vehicle driven by an accomplice & taken somewhere. Why would there be a single lone perp on a night of such bad weather? Wouldn't he be afraid of getting stuck while alone & then up chits creek w/o a paddle? Freezing rain & snow means frozen ground so where would he have taken Sam if she's deceased? Dig a hole in ice? In Snow? Or cover with gravel?

If the perp did this for sex, I don't think he was alone, not on the 1st when considering the weather.

Jersey, where's the link? Dying of suspense here!

Omg I told you guys it was nothing big, just something that gave me an idea lol. Hahaha I'm so sorry sweetie. :D There were some rumors on there that really made me mad, but did make me think. I hope Sam was really on the up & up like we've all read. I hope nothing's hidden.

I still don't have the bf's surname. Has it been released anywhere yet?

It's very common for a till to come up short sometimes, if only by a couple bucks or small change. I'm wondering if that till at 630 E Tudor came up short alot & if so by how much?

Re the guy sitting in his truck that was oblivious to what was happening to Sam... Did he have anything in his truck? Shovel? Gravel? Cinder blocks?

I still don't have the bf's surname. Has it been released anywhere yet?

Nope. Bugs me. IIRC, the quote in one of the early articles said "Samantha's boyfriend, who asked to be identified only by his first name, Dwayne....". I know that could be to avoid unwanted attention, but still....makes me wonder what we might know if we had that last name. Also, I have to say I find it odd I haven't seen anyone comment publicly (including online) "oh, Dwayne's such a great guy", "he's heartbroken", "he loves her so much", or even anything negative, for that matter. I did read somewhere that she met him while attending West H.S., so he must be known to people in her circle, but nobody's said a thing.

Re the guy sitting in his truck that was oblivious to what was happening to Sam... Did he have anything in his truck? Shovel? Gravel? Cinder blocks?

Dunno....Do we even know if LE identified the driver and spoke w/ them? I assumed they had because they said the driver was "oblivious", which made me think they had interviewed him and determined that to be the case. I would think they would have released a full description of that truck and be looking to talk to that person, otherwise....

Ok, I'm always skeptical of CL bc of rumors, *advertiser censored*, stolen goods, etc but I got to thinking about something. I've been going through Craig's List Anchorage in the Rants & Raves section under Personals and I came across this (which was posted on the 3rd):
http://anchorage.craigslist.org/rnr/2833610123.html

It reminded me of the "oblivious" guy sitting in the pickup 50 ft away from Sam. I'm not saying this guy has anything to do with her abduction, but follow me for a sec bc it gave me an idea. Here's the article where the guy in the truck is mentioned:
http://www.adn.com/2012/02/08/v-printer/2307318/police-report-some-progress-in.html

Snipped:
The abduction was apparently so stealthy that a person seen in the video, sitting in a pickup about 50 feet from the stand, didn't appear to notice anything strange, Tyler said.

"They were just oblivious," he said.

So this got me thinking about the weather. I googled it & found there was a blizzard warning with freezing rain until 6:00 pm the night of the 1st & there were avalanche danger warnings as well...dangerous driving conditions. Here's that link:
http://www.adn.com/2012/02/01/2295067/mixed-bag-of-foul-weather-hits.html

So when I read that comment on Craig's list, I looked at the proximity of where the commenter was referring & it's less than 10 miles away, near water, going towards a state park, etc. The commented said the truck had gravel in it. Is that normal to assist the driver in getting unstuck? I'm assuming yes. Considering the truck with the guy in it parked by Sam makes me wonder if Sam's abductor had a lookout, an accomplice. The accomplice could have parked near & the perp could have placed Sam in that vehicle driven by an accomplice & taken somewhere. Why would there be a single lone perp on a night of such bad weather? Wouldn't he be afraid of getting stuck while alone & then up chits creek w/o a paddle? Freezing rain & snow means frozen ground so where would he have taken Sam if she's deceased? Dig a hole in ice? In Snow? Or cover with gravel?

If the perp did this for sex, I don't think he was alone, not on the 1st when considering the weather.

No wonder I love you, such a smart cookie! Way to think outside the box JG!!

Ice fishing huts or whatever they call them up there. Open hole in which a body could be put into the water?

Jersey*Girl I just wanted say your diligence and input for Samantha missing has not gone un noticed. I believe you are helping in what has happened here if not from afar.

I tend to agree about CB unless there is some sort of gang banger affiliation. If the BF had something to do with it, for me that is a stretch. We just don"t know anything about him though.

I haven't ruled out a stalker of sorts and this is a random crime. Unfortunately most business don't hold on to tapes more than a month? So to determine if she was being stalked would be difficult unless she had a sense and conveyed it to those she is close with.

Dunno....Do we even know if LE identified the driver and spoke w/ them? I assumed they had because they said the driver was "oblivious", which made me think they had interviewed him and determined that to be the case. I would think they would have released a full description of that truck and be looking to talk to that person, otherwise....

Yeah, makes sense... It's just that in following these cases, when it comes to surveillance videos, I've noticed that le only releases info to the public bit by bit. Like, why didn't they mention the dude in the truck when they mentioned it could be an abduction? They announced missing, then video, then the perp kidnapped her, then a weapon, then the guy in the truck - all progressed over different times. So why wait? They also said Sam & the perp went in one direction, then they said another.

Well I thought it was coincidental that the "thanks for your help" comment on Craig's List was referring to a location right off of Old Seward Hwy which was a direction mentioned by le.

Let me add Knox and the rest of you aren't "chopped liver' either!!!!!!

I've spent time cross referencing for days on many fb pages and I can't find a dwayne duane or any variation.

Jersey*Girl I just wanted say your diligence and input for Samantha missing has not gone un noticed. I believe you are helping in what has happened here if not from afar.

I tend to agree about CB unless there is some sort of gang banger affiliation. If the BF had something to do with it, for me that is a stretch. We just don"t know anything about him though.

I haven't ruled out a stalker of sorts and this is a random crime. Unfortunately most business don't hold on to tapes more than a month? So to determine if she was being stalked would be difficult unless she had a sense and conveyed it to those she is close with.

Awww thank you but I'm no different from anybody else here. Literally. Everybody feeds ideas off of one another and we just roll with it by investigating to see if it's plausible or conversely ruled out. I appreciate the praise but only shared equally with everyone else - including yourself.

:blowkiss:

Odd that he is not a friend on Sonny's fb page. Least not as Dwayne/Duane?

Remember that post that I made last thread giving a link to bartzshoes or whatever it's called? Well that's somebody that does something with a paper or media or something. She took alot of pictures at the candlelight vigil. When reading the FB page of Sam's good friend (helps on the missing FB site & posts alot) she mentioned "Duane" was at the vigil. That's when I noticed she spelled his name different than the media. I looked at so many pictures but can't figure it out. Do you know if there's an option to search court records for first name only & an age range?

I do want to add, honestly I would think that at least 70% of that age group would have a FB page. Now. They may not maintain it, they may have an alter name...spin from MySpace, or they can just plain take it down. If we knew his last name we might be able to find a cache, but at this point he is as incognito as a hibernating bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member