AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi knox,
" Bodies that sink into Alaskan waters tend to stay there. In warmer climates, corpses decompose and generate gases that eventually bring them to the surface. Alaska's frigid waters tend to preserve corpses, and glacial silt -- fine dust created by glaciers grinding down rock over centuries -- gets into clothing and crevices, and further weighs down the bodies."
from this LA times piece (good article).
http://articles.latimes.com/2005/feb/15/nation/na-vanished15
lets hope this is not the case.

Remember that post that I made last thread giving a link to bartzshoes or whatever it's called? Well that's somebody that does something with a paper or media or something. She took alot of pictures at the candlelight vigil. When reading the FB page of Sam's good friend (helps on the missing FB site & posts alot) she mentioned "Duane" was at the vigil. That's when I noticed she spelled his name different than the media. I looked at so many pictures but can't figure it out. Do you know if there's an option to search court records for first name only & an age range?

I don't think so.

Maybe one of us should just ask the question ... Probably have better luck if asked as a comment on ADN?

hi knox,
" Bodies that sink into Alaskan waters tend to stay there. In warmer climates, corpses decompose and generate gases that eventually bring them to the surface. Alaska's frigid waters tend to preserve corpses, and glacial silt -- fine dust created by glaciers grinding down rock over centuries -- gets into clothing and crevices, and further weighs down the bodies."

They stay sunk, right? I read it's why so many people that go missing are never found there. That's so sad. Let's just pray she's still alive at this point.

hi knox,

Yikes! I hope the numbers of the missing have improved since 2005. One out every 1,000 people go missing in Alaska?!

Very informative read, thank you!

For me this case is the oxy moron of Holly Bobo. I always just briefly allow myself to go to the human trafficking element. It's always young beautiful women in this age group that go missing. Then I dismiss it because I haven't researched it at all.

But I do wonder just a little bit when there are so many unanswered questions.

Yeah, makes sense... It's just that in following these cases, when it comes to surveillance videos, I've noticed that le only releases info to the public bit by bit. Like, why didn't they mention the dude in the truck when they mentioned it could be an abduction? They announced missing, then video, then the perp kidnapped her, then a weapon, then the guy in the truck - all progressed over different times. So why wait? They also said Sam & the perp went in one direction, then they said another.

Well I thought it was coincidental that the "thanks for your help" comment on Craig's List was referring to a location right off of Old Seward Hwy which was a direction mentioned by le.

Good grief, I missed that one "Craig's List". Honestly, why not? Why wouldn't LE communicate that way? Why wouldn't a family member communicate that way? I wouldn't put it past her father to communicate that way, nope not for a minute. I believe he has ties to a biker life style, and I don't mean that in a bad way. But I do believe there is a strong network there and her father is using it.

For me this case is the oxy moron of Holy Bobo. I always just briefly allow myself to go to the human trafficking element. It's always young beautiful women in this age group that go missing. Then I dismiss it because I haven't researched it at all.

I'm the same way. Anyone who has ever researched The Polaris Project would never possibly be able to get it out of their head. Sick people out there.

Do you guys remember this from the last thread? I wonder if this guy was tracked down & questioned. What's his name? Age? Married? Brand & color of his truck? Why was he just sitting in his truck?

http://www.adn.com/2012/02/08/v-printer/2307318/police-report-some-progress-in.html

Snipped:
There was no sign of a struggle, he said. Soon after, when the Duncans watched the surveillance video, they saw something that made them call police immediately, he said. The couple would not elaborate on what triggered the call but said the video was obscured somehow.

"This perpetrator took obvious and deliberate means to avoid being captured on video," Tyler Duncan said.

The abduction was apparently so stealthy that a person seen in the video, sitting in a pickup about 50 feet from the stand, didn't appear to notice anything strange, Tyler said.

"They were just oblivious," he said.

Great job posting this, JerseyGirl.

This may have already been discussed, but, I do not remember reading about it on the 1st thread.

WTH? 50 FEET? OMG. What is up with this abduction? Is it professional, or is something else going on here? :waitasec::waitasec:

For me this case is the oxy moron of Holly Bobo. I always just briefly allow myself to go to the human trafficking element. It's always young beautiful women in this age group that go missing. Then I dismiss it because I haven't researched it at all.

The thought also crossed my mind. Boats, docks and the proximity to Canada. But was not sure of the border crossing procedures involved.

I'm flip flopping like crazy with this case. I can't make up my mind whether this was random or planned and who was involved.

Well, when I'm not sleuthing here I sleuth where the bass are lol. DH likes to get up at dark thirty to find them so off I go to get some zzzzzzzzzz.

Please let Sam and so many others be found

The thought also crossed my mind. Boats, docks and the proximity to Canada. But was not sure of the border crossing procedures involved.

I'm flip flopping like crazy with this case. I can't make up my mind whether this was random or planned and who was involved.

I hate to say when an organized group is involved as far as human trafficking is concerned and that can mean just getting across the border illegally. It happens everyday.

You just can't build a fence big enough.

15qrvi9.jpg

On that new site you linked yesterday JG, I noticed they have a forum. Maybe that's a good place to ask our question regarding the bf.

Remember that post that I made last thread giving a link to bartzshoes or whatever it's called? Well that's somebody that does something with a paper or media or something. She took alot of pictures at the candlelight vigil. When reading the FB page of Sam's good friend (helps on the missing FB site & posts alot) she mentioned "Duane" was at the vigil. That's when I noticed she spelled his name different than the media. I looked at so many pictures but can't figure it out. Do you know if there's an option to search court records for first name only & an age range?

Jersey Girl, go on the FB page and click on one of her friends and then click on their friend's list and you just might find him that way. Its time consuming but you might find out a lot. Even check on their pictures of the friends. Kids like to tag their pictures.

Does anybody have the link to Samantha's FB page? I'll try to help out here. TIA

Does anybody have the link to Samantha's FB page? I'll try to help out here. TIA

It was private I thought from last thread? I didn't check bc I thought it was private, but I did search past comments & pictures from other accounts. Knox & everyone have been trying to figure it out as well. I honestly don't wanna sleuth someone that could be very innocent but everything's just weird in this case. I mean, why so secretive? Then to read other stuff on the net just gets our minds racing so much that we have to figure it out to rule it out. Samantha's been gone far too long now.

Jersey Girl, go on the FB page and click on one of her friends and then click on their friend's list and you just might find him that way. Its time consuming but you might find out a lot. Even check on their pictures of the friends. Kids like to tag their pictures.

I tried that. Cold Pizza just informed she's been cross referencing as well with no luck. I think all of us are. Maybe he has an account but deactivated it? Maybe he just wants his life private & got scared with how high profile this became overnight? Or maybe he's got something to hide. Right now he's off limits as he's not been in the media. I know all of us will sleuth but won't be able to post anything without permission, especially if it's not good. Thanks so much for your advice Snowbunny.

hi jersey girl,
i just went to the polaris project website, eye-opening!
its not just untraceable immigrants, or runaways. did you ever see the story of "natasha" on amw?
http://www.amw.com/features/feature_story_detail.cfm?id=4003

Nvm I thought this was the one bc Natasha rang a bell but the movie I was thinking of is called Human Trafficking. I only watched funny movies fir a month afterwards! Literally watched Friends for a straight week bc it scared me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine