TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of Renee and family... the severe weather appears to be 30 minutes - 2 hours away from them. I hope I am correct and that they are not affected by it. That is all they need.

http://www.ky3.com/

If anyone is aware that they are okay and/or completely out of the storms path, please let us know.

Yup.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26330826/detail.html:

2004: She was convicted of making a terroristic threat in Mount Vernon, Va.
2005: Nelson was convicted of criminal mischief in Mount Vernon, Va.

It was Mt. Vernon TEXAS, not Va.

In 2005, she was charged with making a terroristic threat to another woman and with misdemeanor criminal mischief in Mount Vernon, Texas. She served one year probation and two months in jail for the threat and a concurrent sentence for the mischief charge.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7359495.html

She got around a lot, wonder if she was in Mount Vernon for a boxing match? If so, she could have done worse then terroristic threats!

Don't see VA location in 4 boxing matches in Teh's prior post.

That link mentions her MySpace page. Does anyone have a link to it? I've seen her FB.

eta
was easy to find
http://www.myspace.com/499637200

Watch out now if you want to check out her myspace because it has a virus attached my computer warned. I've followed enough cases now to know better, but I tried a search for her myspace yesterday and got a trojan warning. This is always the case several days after an arrest. I think LE puts some kind of tracking on it, but it has happened to me consistently if you try to go to a person's site several days after they were arrested in a high profile case.

Update - I tried your link to the myspace and no virus warning came up. I got to see her page. (don't ask me how, but it knew I was there yesterday!)

I'm in Iowa and we got hit from this morning till 6 pm tnight with an ice storm, it's dipping down into MO as well, but I"m not sure how far south of the MO/IA border they are.

I thought I read dental records were used to make an ID

The detective speaking at the press conference said JF was identified by dental records.....

<snip>

Jonathon was identified yesterday by the Harris Institute of Forensic Services through dental records. He apparently had just had some teeth work done a few months ago. With those dental records we were able to make a positive identification of Jonathan.

Thinking of Renee and family... the severe weather appears to be 30 minutes - 2 hours away from them. I hope I am correct and that they are not affected by it. That is all they need.

http://www.ky3.com/

If anyone is aware that they are okay and/or completely out of the storms path, please let us know.

Tornadoes hit in AR (south of Springfield) and Ft. Leonard Wood, MO (east of Springfield). Did not see any reported near Springfield. Seems the storms have passed and are into Illinois and way south eastern MO now.
:twocents:

Tornadoes hit in AR (south of Springfield) and Ft. Leonard Wood, MO (east of Springfield). Did not see any reported near Springfield. Seems the storms have passed and are into Illinois and way south eastern MO now.
:twocents:

Yes, that's why I'm hoping they were safely at home when the storms hit.

Thanks, curiousme (#465).

I didn't have any problems with that MS page but I have had my share of problems going through MS pages of friends of friends in high-profile cases.

As for the Weather...

Here in Springfield it is currently partly cloudy. Had some tornadic activity about 20 miles Northwest, near Petersburg, earlier. We haven't yet seen the storms moving through the St. Louis area. Hoping they will miss us.

Looks like an example of MSM error -- but the text at the link does have it as posted.

Link

I've been following this case as a lurker, woke up this morning and realized I had something to say, so here I am....

Many years ago, when my sister was killed in an accident, I read a book about grieving that stayed with me for one particular passage, and it's something I want to share with Jonathan's family and all of you who may be haunted by the thought of what Jonathan and others may have endured.
The author (who I'm sorry I can't recall) was counseling a family whose daughter had been tortured and killed by a serial murderer, and the one thing he really wanted them to take to heart was to realize that whatever it was she endured, for her it was over-- it's the family and other survivors that re-live it over and over, whereas she only had to live it once, and afterwards was at peace. As survivors when we re-live these events on behalf of our loved ones we can imagine that it is as never-ending for them as it is for us, but that is not the case.

Not sure if this has been posted yet but I know some were asking about funeral services:

Jonathan's family has made arrangements to say lay him to rest.

A visitation will be held at Garden Oaks Baptist Church, 3206 N. Shepherd Dr., from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday.

Jonathan's funeral will be held at the church at 1:30 p.m.

Jonathan will be buried at South Park Cemetery in Pearland.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26330826/detail.html

I've been following this case as a lurker, woke up this morning and realized I had something to say, so here I am....

Many years ago, when my sister was killed in an accident, I read a book about grieving that stayed with me for one particular passage, and it's something I want to share with Jonathan's family and all of you who may be haunted by the thought of what Jonathan and others may have endured.
The author (who I'm sorry I can't recall) was counseling a family whose daughter had been tortured and killed by a serial murderer, and the one thing he really wanted them to take to heart was to realize that whatever it was she endured, for her it was over-- it's the family and other survivors that re-live it over and over, whereas she only had to live it once, and afterwards was at peace. As survivors when we re-live these events on behalf of our loved ones we can imagine that it is as never-ending for them as it is for us, but that is not the case.

Thanks, that made me cry :(

Glad the VA thing got sorted out. See how MSN can throw everything off?

SNIPPED:

Nelson's sister defended her saying that she spent Christmas day with her.

"She showed no signs of doing anything to anybody illegal," Angie Johnson, Nelson's sister, told the station. "I don't believe at all she has anything to do with killing a child. That's not Mona."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mona-nelso...-foster-shes-monster/story?id=12514556&page=2

Isn't this one of the hallmarks of a psychopath? Christmas Eve with the family of her victim, followed by Christmas Day with her sister where she appears emotionally comfortable. Just making the holiday rounds.

I would like to ask the sister if she mentioned her "friends" little boy at all. If she wanted to portray the "I care, I love babies" persona, wouldn't it make sense to indicate that you feel so badly that a friend of yours has had their son go missing on Christmas Eve, especially when you saw said child that day and were there to "comfort" the parents afterwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆