17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't even start up on the whole issue of them releasing pictures of George as child since it was such a huge debate before, so I'll just :floorlaugh:

He was a cute kid. The Steelers jacket alone makes me dislike him though! :floorlaugh:

MOO

He was an adorable kid. But that whole Reuters story lacks sources throughout and is clearly biased. Was that part of the deal to get the photos? I don't recall reading an in-depth article with so little in the way of crediting sources!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

IIRC college courses are 3-4 units/each depending on quarter or semester system and a lab or whatever might be 1 unit, so I personally don't believe this. jmo. In fact the only way I'd believe George even finished ONE college level class is if I see his official transcripts. jmo. And didn't Casey also say she was one credit or a half credit away from graduating high school? LOL. All jmo.

:moo:

After I posted this ^^^ (on prev thread) I decided to look up the exact requirements for an Associate in Arts degree from Seminole State. It is ‘possible’ that he’s one credit short, these are examples of 3 & 1 credit classes available:

3-credit class: CCJ 1010 - Introduction to Criminology

http://www.seminolestate.edu/catalog/courses/course/CCJ1010

1-credit class: CCJ 2941 - Cooperative Education Internship In Criminal Justice

http://www.seminolestate.edu/catalog/courses/course/CCJ2941

BUT I’m still highly skeptical that he’s only 1 credit from an AA, one reason being that George would’ve had to attend college full-time from 2009-2011 to have completed 59 credits (see below) by the end of 2011… and during this time wasn’t he working off & on and according to wife, collecting unemployment? (can one collect unemployment while going to school for general AA degree?). I personally don’t think George has the wherewithal to complete college, based on his long-term uneven employment history, problems with violence and irresponsibility. And I do think he should release his official college transcripts if he is so close to graduating, I think it would cast a good light on him. :) All JMO of course.

REQUIREMENTS: AA degree from Seminole State College:

Total Credits to graduate: 60
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communication: 9 credits total

-English I 3-credit class
-English II 3-credit class
-Oral Communication 3-credit class

Humanities: 6 credits total

-Area A 3-credit class
-Area B 3-credit class

Social Science: 6 credits total, choose from..

-Anthropology 3-credit class
-Economics 3-credit class
-Geography 3-credit class
-Political Science 3-credit class
-Sociology 3-credit class

History: 3 credits total (one 3-credit class)

Science: 6 credits total, choose from..

-Biological Science 3-credit class
-Earth Science 3-credit class
-Physical Science 3-credit class

Mathematics: 6 credits (two 3-credit classes)

Electives & Required Prerequisites for Major: 24 credits (eight 3-credit classes)

http://www.seminolestate.edu/catalog/programs/gen-ed/aa-gened/

I've never owned a dog so I don't know how they work?

If they are not properly trained that is exactly how they work, ( thanks so much for the laugh there) they will actually shove past you to get to the door if you don't train them not to, which makes entering or leaving your home problematic, or going to the door for Fed EX, or Pizza, or whatever,
and not everyone is suited to own a large intelligent and stubborn breed of dog either.

What I would like to know is why both George and this "photographer" were not held at gunpoint? How would LE know who the shooter was until they had everything secure and could sort everything out?

It's just all weird to me.

MOO

This one.

Zimmerman enrolled in Seminole State College in 2009, and in December 2011 he was permitted to participate in a school graduation ceremony, despite being a course credit shy of his associate's degree in criminal justice.

Zimmerman was completing that course credit when the shooting occurred.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-vandalism-just-shooting.html#ixzz1t6kgJObG

I've had a few friends that were allowed to walk even though they didn't have their credits. I don't think it is something hush hush and a school official would be the only one to know. Most everyone knew the friends I had that were shy by a credit or course. They only walked because that was when the majority of their friends and classmates were graduating. Then they finished the class and got the diploma a semester later.

Formal or informal they could disperse onlookers with a very succinct clear order to clear the area, and anyone who did not immediately do so could very easily have joined GZ on his ride to the Police station....It's not as if they had to bodily throw anyone out...they had to say it and if it was not followed then they could have simply arrested them or threatened to if they felt that was all that was needed, I doubt that anyone would have disobeyed...but that's me, an Officer tells me to leave and I would do so, posthaste...

Some people do actually listen to LE when LE ask them to do something. Others think the rules just do not apply to them and those are the ones who get themselves into trouble. I would like to hear Officer Smith's explanation as to how someone was able to get a picture on the phone of GZ's head and he appears not to be in custody. jmo

After I posted this ^^^ (on prev thread) I decided to look up the exact requirements for an Associate in Arts degree from Seminole State. It is ‘possible’ that he’s one credit short, these are examples of 3 & 1 credit classes available:

3-credit class: CCJ 1010 - Introduction to Criminology

http://www.seminolestate.edu/catalog/courses/course/CCJ1010

1-credit class: CCJ 2941 - Cooperative Education Internship In Criminal Justice

http://www.seminolestate.edu/catalog/courses/course/CCJ2941

BUT I’m still highly skeptical that he’s only 1 credit from an AA, one reason being that George would’ve had to attend college full-time from 2009-2011 to have completed 59 credits (see below) by the end of 2011… and during this time wasn’t he working off & on and according to wife, collecting unemployment? (can one collect unemployment while going to school for general AA degree?). I personally don’t think George has the wherewithal to complete college, based on his long-term uneven employment history, problems with violence and irresponsibility. And I do think he should release his official college transcripts if he is so close to graduating, I think it would cast a good light on him. :) All JMO of course.

REQUIREMENTS: AA degree from Seminole State College:

Total Credits to graduate: 60
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communication: 9 credits total

-English I 3-credit class
-English II 3-credit class
-Oral Communication 3-credit class

Humanities: 6 credits total

-Area A 3-credit class
-Area B 3-credit class

Social Science: 6 credits total, choose from..

-Anthropology 3-credit class
-Economics 3-credit class
-Geography 3-credit class
-Political Science 3-credit class
-Sociology 3-credit class

History: 3 credits total (one 3-credit class)

Science: 6 credits total, choose from..

-Biological Science 3-credit class
-Earth Science 3-credit class
-Physical Science 3-credit class

Mathematics: 6 credits (two 3-credit classes)

Electives & Required Prerequisites for Major: 24 credits (eight 3-credit classes)

http://www.seminolestate.edu/catalog/programs/gen-ed/aa-gened/

Is there any evidence anywhere that he was enrolled in any course at the time of the shooting, as indicated in the article??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If they are not properly trained that is exactly how they work, ( thanks so much for the laugh there) they will actually shove past you to get to the door if you don't train them not to, which makes entering or leaving your home problematic, or going to the door for Fed EX, or Pizza, or whatever,
and not everyone is suited to own a large intelligent and stubborn breed of dog either.

I'm going to laugh if it turns out to be just a "pup." Wonder if "Big Boi" still lives in the neighborhood! I LOVE that name!!

How would they remember if he was the offender or the victim?
George's Dad was a magistrate...one tends to remember some case more so than others...if there is something significant about it.

Then again, GZ may have been a witness to the assault? Unless someone speaks up we will never know...juvie records are sealed in Virginia unless you are trying to get into some EMS/VFD or Police Department jobs...if those agencies request your records you can't keep them sealed from human resources in those agencies.

Because it's listed in their records database when they go to look him up?

It just says details of the crime cannot be found, which leads me to believe that he's listed as a victim when they run a background check, but there's no report.

http://manassas.patch.com/articles/george-williams-was-victim-of-assault-in-manassas

Manassa City Police Sgt. Eddie Rivera said one-time Manassas resident George Zimmerman was a victim of an assault in 2001, but he was never listed as an offender or suspect.

http://www.examiner.com/article/george-zimmerman-his-life-before-he-killed-trayvon-martin

According to Manassas police Sgt. Eddie Rivera, at the age of 17 or 18 Zimmerman was the victim of a minor criminal assault. The Washington Post reports the city’s computer records don’t provide details of the crime that occurred in 2001.

I've had a few friends that were allowed to walk even though they didn't have their credits. I don't think it is something hush hush and a school official would be the only one to know. Most everyone knew the friends I had that were shy by a credit or course. They only walked because that was when the majority of their friends and classmates were graduating. Then they finished the class and got the diploma a semester later.
No reason not to give the source. The school could not give them anything on his credits. So who told them that?

From closed thread.
OK something just struck me there. Why was he worried about TM hearing him give an address over the phone. If TM was hiding 5 foot from him why would saying his address to a person on a phone mean anything to someone who was not hearing the whole conversation? What in the world was going on in his paranoid brain? IMO

Listen to the tone/change in Zimmerman's voice from the start to the end of the 911 call. It starts out to dispatch he's concerned and worried, as it continues he became angry and swearing, (this guy could get away). By the time he talks about giving his address, (this is near the end of the tape where I think he saw Martin and where I stated I heard the other voice that came through in the background on the tape.) And when he quietly and calmly says: "yeah, you got it" to the dispatch, all the concern, worry and anger seems to be gone from his tone. Maybe he was using the moment as a form of defense and part of his alibi? There wasn't much time left and to me he sounded sure of himself at that point. Like a jungle cat. He was armed, he was hidden, was watching, yet could not be seen and within seconds he would end his phone call and they would come face to face. This was his story and the call to dispatch was all part of making sure they would believe his version. A slam dunk. What could go wrong?

They had him at gunpoint while he lay dying on the ground? :cry:

I know they have to be safe, but that's sad!

he was on his stomach they could not see the gunshot wound...

and in response to the idea that they would tell people to leave and they just wouldn't, well in my neck of the woods those people would break out in handcuffs and find themselves taking a ride right along with GZ...Our PD does not PLAY... when they tell you to clear the area it's not a suggestion and they aren't joking.

I'd like to know how much money changed hands over the article and the photographs? It's very funny to me that it all comes out just days after his family having to pay $15,000 for his bond.

~jmo~

http://manassas.patch.com/articles/george-williams-was-victim-of-assault-in-manassas

Manassa City Police Sgt. Eddie Rivera said one-time Manassas resident George Zimmerman was a victim of an assault in 2001, but he was never listed as an offender or suspect.

http://www.examiner.com/article/george-zimmerman-his-life-before-he-killed-trayvon-martin

According to Manassas police Sgt. Eddie Rivera, at the age of 17 or 18 Zimmerman was the victim of a minor criminal assault. The Washington Post reports the city’s computer records don’t provide details of the crime that occurred in 2001.
Why would he be listed as an offender or suspect if he was a victim? :waitasec:

I already explained what I believe the second part means.

What would they do if an onlooker did not move from the area immediately, but did after the second or third time being told? They were busy, and may have been issuing verbal commands. That doesn't mean anyone was listening to them. The two giving CPR couldn't legally stop until relieved, and the third officer was securing a shooting suspect who was armed. It doesn't take someone standing there for five minutes to see them roll Martin over.

How secure was that shooting suspect if he was on his phone and posing for a picture? No handcuffs? Doesn't sound very secure to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy