George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin Discussion Thread #10 Mon. July 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I don't think I have ever heard anyone testify like this in all my years of watching trials. It was surreal. He wouldn't listen to the prosecutor's questions, the defense attorney's questions, or the judge's repeated instructions! He had things he wanted to say and he insisted on saying them.

That is because he wrote out a script and needed to follow it. He wrote questions he thought would be asked and his answers to those questions and he wanted to just read that script. jmo :floorlaugh: :scared:

But attacking the victim and the victim's family is against TOS...regardless of how we individually feel or what perspective we have.
I think I understand now why these threads are closed at night. lol (but not really)

I was referring to how the trial is being conducted, not this forum.

None of this horrible crime would have happened had GZ kept himself from following TM and getting out of his vehicle as was told to him TWICE "we don't need you to do that".
GZ put himself in the defense chair by his own hand.

While I'm at it I'd like to say anyone armed with a concealed weapon isn't going to scream for the life as Trayvon did.

Common sense prevail's in my mind.

And he was told directly to " LET ME KNOW IF HE DOES ANYTHING ELSE" A direct command. We don't know at all what would have happened.. Really we don't.. OMO

can you please show what evidence - besides gz's words that tm was the aggressor and started the fight??? there isn't any except gz's testimony, and gz has already changed stories and also been caught in lies - bail hearing where he lied about $$ and his wife was charged with perjury - that i can't believe gz's testimony - imo - and i don't understand why ppkl are so quick to believe gz even though he has been caught in many untruths already

That evidence would be 1) RJ's testimony that TM had made it back to the house he was staying at (logistically he would have had to double back to get to the site of the confrontation) and 2) JG's eye witness testimony that TM was on top of GZ hitting him "ground and pound" and GZ was screaming for help. JMO. OMO. MOO.

The only person saying that TM attacked, slammed GZ's head into the concrete, and beat him about the head and face upwards to 25-30 times is the defendant himself.
The medical evidence has not supported the extent of GZ's recounting of the episode. It is also fairly obvious (no wounds on any part of either GZ's hands, legs, shoulders, or arms.) He did not try to fight fair...if there even was a "fight."

It is IMO, GZ grabbed TM, then TM either pushed off, elbowed or punched GZ in a third effort to get away from the creepy following man. At that point, it is IMO, that GZ slipped in the wet grass, while pulling TM down with him. And, that the scrapes GZ got come at that time. It is also IMO, that TM may have then tried to hold GZ down so that GZ could not get out the gun that, IMO, TM saw at some point in time before or as John Good came outside.

It is alo IMO that John Good said he couldn't tell if GZ was wearing Red or White and prior to that whether the were dogs fighting. Yet, in the dark John Good says he could see that the darker completed person was on top...even though he states he witnessed this from the side.

Also, IMO, I find it very difficult to believe that poor GZ who was in fear of his life could push a nearly dead TM off and nearly five feet away but couldn't get out from under TM when he was stilll alive. GZ outweighed TM by a good 40lbs. All IMO.

:cheers::tyou::thumb:

I certainly don't see a saint there. Not at all. But if you are going to put someone on trial for murder you should be able to prove it to put them in prison.

I am all for them showing me this horrible murder but it is not there. I want to see it.. I want to be convinced.. But the evidence is just not there. OMO

Same here! I am always on the Prosecution side, I don't presume innocence until proven guilty. Sorry, I am just that way. :facepalm:

I believed the media hype in this case and presumed GZ guilty as I normally do with defendants going to trial. Whoops....BIG whoops - I was wrong THIS time! :truce:

BBM

That is absolutely true. But on the other hand, what if it was reversed. What if the unknown person he was watching was actually a rapist or an armed home invader? And GZ had stayed in his car and lost track of him. Maybe we would have been criticizing GZ for not keeping track of the potential suspect, if that suspect broke into a home and terrorized someone. There were several recent cases of home invasions and burglaries in that complex, so it makes sense that GZ was suspicious. JMO

BBM: Not true. GZ is not LE, he isn't allowed to follow anyone, was told not to follow and even in the Neighborhood Watch booklet, it says not to follow. GZ was acting as if he was LE. He is not LE! It's up to LE to apprehend "suspects".

JMO

I've been following this very close and reading here since this happened just wondering everyone's thoughts on what the verdict will be? Would love to hear everyone's thoughts!!!

Maybe the mods can take a poll after all the evidence is in on both sides.

BBM: Not true. GZ is not LE, he isn't allowed to follow anyone, was told not to follow and even in the Neighborhood Watch booklet, it says not to follow. GZ was acting as if he was LE. He is not LE! It's up to LE to apprehend "suspects".

JMO

He is allowed to walk around his neighborhood for what ever reason he wants. There is no law against looking for someone.

He was not acting as if he was LE or he would have not called NEN but approached TM and then called 911 after...

OMO

thread will close in 5 minutes

Following a guest in a community like a suspicious thief is stalking and an act threatening the well being of the guest. IMO

IMO I highly doubt the police would arrest someone for following another person. True stalking involves a person repeatedly following another person on more than one occasion. You should look up the legal definition of stalking.

And please tell me how following someone from a distance is "an act threatening to someone's well being". Lol

See you don't know that. TM had approached near by the car earlier. .. What if he was sitting in the car or by the car and TM had gone after him there?

A lot of maybes and supposes. We really need to stay with what is.. OMO
TM had walk past the idling GZ vehicle. HGZ himself says now he's walking toward me. I take that to mean that TM continued to walk and had no other option but to walk by the idling vehicle in order to walk back home.

OK, If you have a gun permit, you are told to avoid confrontations. The best way to do that is stay in the truck and dial 911. GZ had no business walking around shaking down potential thieves. None IMO

In this specific instance it turned out to be a very poor decision. If he had been right, and the suspect WAS looking for a house to break into , then he would have made a 'good' decision, imo, if he saved a woman from being attacked.

In this particular case it was a terrible decision, obviously. But I donb't believe that GZ had malice in his heart. He was just an over zealous neighborhood watchman, who made a regrettable decision to take matters into his own hands. It was a poor choice, but not an evil choice, imo.

Polley,
How do you know all the truth has been told? We do not know Trayvons background because it can't come in. The judge only now ruled that drug use can come in. It's the duty of prosecution to paint GZ as a bad guy. It is the job of the defense to defend him against those accusations. And if TM has a bad past, drugs or otherwise, that should also be considered. Let the trial continue. The mods did say NOT to use the word murder here until there has been a conviction.

if you listen to all gz interviews and the video recreation, you will see many disparities in gz's story, and how it was changed - and gz admitted he lied about how much money he had so he could avoid paying a higher bail, and imo i take all that into cosideration, that is why i cannot believe gz's testimony about being ambushed - and thats all i really ask - to please listen to all of gz's interviews and tell me what you think about how many times he's changed his story - especially when you then compare it to the physical evidence - like gz saying tm punched him 20 to 30 times, but there is not a sign or a drop of dna of tms hands

TM had walk past the idling GZ vehicle. HGZ himself says now he's walking toward me. I take that to mean that TM continued to walk and had no other option but to walk by the idling vehicle in order to walk back home.

I don't think so. That does not make sense to me. Because I think where he put himself when he first sees TM if TM went around him he would have been going in the other direction...

OMO

I have to look again..

That is because he wrote out a script and needed to follow it. He wrote questions he thought would be asked and his answers to those questions and he wanted to just read that script. jmo :floorlaugh: :scared:

Sounds exactly like George Zimmerman! Wish the ME could have have had the privilege of reenacting his scenario like George did...with a body dummy. IMO

Night all! See you tomorrow! Hope the hearing goes well!!!

Why would someone follow you? To hand you a million dollars? IMO

Are you perfect? How can you be so certain someone is not returning your wallet, purse, or following you for some other inoccuous reason? Many times I have seen people return credit cards that were left inadvertantly. I think people should be aware of their surroundings, but they should not assume that every person that might appear to be following them is a threat.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member