Not my new owner, not without me this time

zwiebel

Reaction score
When 85-year-old Mason County, Texas rancher JR Nicholson felt dizzy one day, his ranchhand Brian Wright called emergency services. While the ambulance rushed Nicholson to the hospital, Wright locked up before following his employer in his own vehicle. He couldn't find Nicholson's rescue dog Buddy, a beagle mix the senior had only rehomed four months before, but wasn't too worried - the dog liked to roam the ranch.

Meanwhile, 20 miles into its journey, the ambulance got flagged down by a passing motorist, who explained to paramedic Tanner Brown : 'You have a dog riding on the outside step of your ambulance.'

Buddy - for it was he - was quickly bundled inside to accompany his owner who he'd obviously decided he wasn't going to lose, no way, no how. Bad enough to have to be rehomed once but a hound's got to act when it looks like your second owner's disappearing into the distance too!

Ranchhand Wright was pretty surprised to find Buddy waiting at the hospital when he caught up. Later that day, he drove both Buddy and Mr Nicholson back to the ranch, together. They're both doing just fine.

The article says Buddy is only four, but he looks like a senior hound to me?

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/local-news/dog-catches-a-ride-on-ambulance-to-be-with-owner_48586533

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-15-20-03-18~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-15-20-03-18~2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 64
How sweet! I'd say he's 14, not 4.

Awww. What a sweet looking and loyal, Buddy. Love him. :heartbeat:

The ride on the bumper of a speeding ambulance aged him fast

Love that dog!! He knew his duty was to accompany his owner, that was his training. The ride on the step of a speeding ambulance would have been terrifying. Luckily someone noticed and advised the ambulance crew and the loyal dog was rescued.
I love that dog..:heartbeat:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back