IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly , I pretty much suspect this is pretty much the scenario.
The part I am stumped on , was RL unwittingly part of this and trying to protect someone or simply stuck in the middle of a nightmare and totally clueless ?

RBBM
JMO. Or he's being set up by someone. JMO.

It was a quote from police that said he was being moved to Clinton Co. for his own safety.

For whatever that is worth.

At this point I think it's all equine excrement. I am over the word dancing. Say what you mean and dadgum it, mean what you say. :(

This is directed at LE, not any posters here.

BBM

Nice turn of phrase!! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I keep seeing this reference to vehicles under the bridge. If you have photographic evidence of this, please produce it. Otherwise, it sounds like pure speculation.

I think this is the photo.

liberty-german-abby-williams-snapchat.jpg

I have no law knowledge about this. But I would think it is ok? Like if someone put a furniture in my house and my house is under search by a warrant. I would assume LE has the right to do what ever kind of search and process of that furniture, as long as LE does not damage it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's right. LE can seize anything if it's on the property as described in the search warrant.

Please someone show me an example of a crime in which the victim is taken from the scene, murdered/attacked elsewhere, and then returned to the abduction scene to be discovered later. Risking that someone is already searching for the missing teenagers and would see them being dumped. Risking being caught by taking them back to the scene of abduction...

If this has EVER happened, I'll eat crow. Otherwise....nah. JMO!

Well, there is speculation about the fish because LE has said that his story isn't adding up. That leads to speculation that he was really not buying fish...and was somewhere else ( like a bar) or never having left home. It would be easy enough to check if he actually bought any fish. It is said that he did errands the next morning when they were searching... did he walk, since his license was suspended. Perhaps he went out to buy a fish tank?

He could have a probationary or restricted license.

EllieBee, I hate to be 'that poster' but I hadn't read that about LE saying it was for his own protection. Would you happen to have a link? tia.

I will go look, and it's okay to be "that poster". Vetting is important.

However, if some savvy poster comes up with the quote before me, well HURRAH! ;)

Off to find it.....

To me, the oddest part is that he started to say it, then stopped himself and said girls.
Or, he is saying "the girls" and it is sounding like "vi-girls". I do not hear any pause that would indicate he has suddenly caught himself saying "victim", which I would expect if that were the case. I think its more of an audio anomaly rather than a slip up. Jmo.

ETA: Okay, I rewatched it and now I can see a little pause and his eyes shift a little. Still think it probably means nothing to the case, but I definitely see it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

It is fine to have your opinion regarding RL but keep in mind LE has searched and is continuing to search his property for evidence in the murder of 2 girls. A judge has signed off on a search warrant for probable cause and as of right now LE has not stated whether he is clear of involvement in this case or not. Those are just the facts. All we can do is wait and see what the evidence shows.

IIRC 70 warrants have been issued, many homes have been searched and several arrests have been made. RL is being culled from that pack to be slaughtered.

Probable cause: "the bodies of the victims were found on property belonging to him" and "he is currently under arrest for a probation violation" are all that is needed.

I believe he was stressed out about having to lie about driving. He had to come up with an alibi to cover the fact that he was driving with his license still suspended. Also, I think he seemed genuinely bewildered about how the girls got to where they were found. mo
IMO It just doesn't seem realistic that LE would spend so much time and effort searching his property - not to mention his home without a really, really good cause. And knowing full well that this is a really high profile case, with not only the media but people all over the world following and speculating on their (LE's) every move, I would venture to guess that they are being very careful about every move they make and every word they say (or don't say.) This isn't just some small-town police force working on this case, they have State Police, FBI, investigating these murders. I would say LE knows what they are doing, and they wouldn't waste their time on a man that is totally clueless about the murders.

Thank you legalmomma.

Alias: LOGAN, RONALD E.
Offender Name: LOGAN, RONALD EUGENE
Custody Status: In Custody
Race: White
Contact Facility: Carroll County Jail
Notify Me of Status Changes
Less Info
Offender ID: 27082
Date of Birth: 10/14/1939
Additional Information:
Aliases
LOGAN, RONALD E.

https://www.vinelink.com/#/searchResults/1

I'm still confused as to why he was transferred to Clinton County jail. Some speculated it was for his own protection, that he might be harmed in Carroll County. I guess that wasn't the case.

It was LE who said he was transferred for his own protection. I'm a bit baffled they moved him back so quick, too. Although they originally wouldn't say where he was transferred, but everyone found out through Vine pretty quickly...so maybe they moved him back because the undisclosed location wasn't undisclosed for long?

Yes! I said that in the beginning. Like he photobombed them.

The grainy resolution suggests its either:
1) a digital zoom in either from a photo or video
2) its a subset of another full resolution photo or video

I think there's not enough information to determine which it is. We could perhaps make an assumption based on the audio clip that it might have been a zoomed in video but I'm skeptical because I think they would have released a video of him walking the bridge if they had it. That leads me to believe these are photos. If that's the case they took at least two perhaps in a sequence. I'm not sure why they'd be taking photo bursts of themselves but I don't think that's normal when taking photos of your friends. The photo burst could have been an accident but given that they also documented the audio recording it makes me think they purposely took those photos of BG rather than it being a photo bomb. They could have known they were in danger and they zoomed in on him from afar and took a few photos of him.

What I don't understand if if they are photos how they were able to take the audio. The audio could have come from before or after the photos. We don't know. It could be later after BG caught up with them and ordered them down the hill. Or they could have walked back across the bridge and run into him on the other side, then he tries to order them down the hill, they flee back across the bridge, and then zoom in and take photos of him coming over the bridge towards them. Also related to the audio is whether it was a video or audio. It could have been recorded audio via Siri by simply holding down the home button on an iPhone. I think there's an assumption here that it was a video recording but it very well could have been recorded via Siri which would explain why it wasn't released at the same time the photo was released. They would have had to get the audio recording from the cloud first.

Ultimately there's just not enough information to draw any reasonable conclusions with. We can make an assumption, then another, and at that point then we're off on some wild tangent without any relation to reality.

Or, he is saying "the girls" and it is sounding like "vi-girls". I do not hear any pause that would indicate he has suddenly caught himself saying "victim", which I would expect if that were the case. I think its more of an audio anomaly rather than a slip up. Jmo.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I went back and listened again and heard it just like you did.

IIRC 70 warrants have been issued, many homes have been searched and several arrests have been made. RL is being culled from that pack to be slaughtered.

Probable cause: "the bodies of the victims were found on property belonging to him" and "he is currently under arrest for a probation violation" are all that is needed.

Slaughtered by whom? People on web sleuths or the media? What am I missing here? Most people here agree that RL does not look like BG..myself included. LE has said they are searching his home to either clear him or move him higher on the suspect list..that's just where we are. If he is cleared when the evidence gathered is analyzed then we will all know he wasn't involved in any way.

Definitely was referring to the guy with RL who has the gray goatee. Only noticed because somebody thought he looked like BG except the goatee. Thanks

Yes, I was mistaken about whom was being discussed. The "friend" was a younger guy that many have said started to use the word "victim" before anyone knew the girls were deceased. I did not hear him say that. I just thought he stammered while saying "the".

Seriously, it is Detective 101 to search the home and outbuildings of the property upon which two bodies were found. This is not odd.

Imagine the trial where the attorney for BG, not PO/RL, grills LE on NOT searching the property.

The grainy resolution suggests its either:
1) a digital zoom in either from a photo or video
2) its a subset of another full resolution photo or video

I think there's not enough information to determine which it is. We could perhaps make an assumption based on the audio clip that it might have been a zoomed in video but I'm skeptical because I think they would have released a video of him walking the bridge if they had it. That leads me to believe these are photos. If that's the case they took at least two perhaps in a sequence. I'm not sure why they'd be taking photo bursts of themselves but I don't think that's normal when taking photos of your friends. The photo burst could have been an accident but given that they also documented the audio recording it makes me think they purposely took those photos of BG rather than it being a photo bomb. They could have known they were in danger and they zoomed in on him from afar and took a few photos of him.

What I don't understand if if they are photos how they were able to take the audio. The audio could have come from before or after the photos. We don't know. It could be later after BG caught up with them and ordered them down the hill. Or they could have walked back across the bridge and run into him on the other side, then he tries to order them down the hill, they flee back across the bridge, and then zoom in and take photos of him coming over the bridge towards them. Also related to the audio is whether it was a video or audio. It could have been recorded audio via Siri by simply holding down the home button on an iPhone. I think there's an assumption here that it was a video recording but it very well could have been recorded via Siri which would explain why it wasn't released at the same time the photo was released. They would have had to get the audio recording from the cloud first.

Ultimately there's just not enough information to draw any reasonable conclusions with. We can make an assumption, then another, and at that point then we're off on some wild tangent without any relation to reality.

The two pics (of bridge guy) are taken from video from Libby's phone. According to LE she started filming BG intentionally. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member