Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the ex would do an interview so that we could get a read on him, his demeanor, etc.

I do wonder if he really threatened her. Like EyesoftheSouth said above, was it a threat or did his words get misconstrued? I thought I read something that said he said something like "you'll never leave the house." Is that "you'll never leave the house because I won't allow it," or was it, "you'll never leave the house because it's new and shiny and you really like it here."

Personally, I don't see enough time given the timeline. But, stranger things have happened so I never say never. Lol

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

But what kind of timeframe are we working with? She wasn't expected anywhere else that morning, so nobody knew she was in any sort of trouble until later. If I remember right she had a work thing around 2, but if she had considered going to Dallas are we certain she didn't cancel that? Just because the kids were at home doesn't mean he didn't do anything. They didn't have to be asleep for him to have left them home alone.

Personally, I don't see enough time given the timeline. But, stranger things have happened so I never say never. Lol

That's what I thought at 1st. And in my head I had already determined it couldn't be boyfriend or husband. But now that I realize she actually left the boyfriend's at 7:10 and it seems she could take the photo from the intersection near the jewelry store (of the billboard) by the time she texted the photo to Paul she could have been home - 7:27am.

But to me the timeline is still very tight.
Scenario: She gets home (car in garage?) she argues with husband (perhaps he heard notification when Paul sends I love you text and wanted to know who was texting her so early), he kills her, and at 8:03am he sends cover text?

But the police did say she never made it home.
Would they say if her phone pinged near her house? The *last* ping was Park St. That's the part that doesn't add up to me. Do we know what day the last ping happened?

A phone has to be powered up to ping cell towers.

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-do-police-track-cell-phones

And this is interesting:

https://myshadow.org/location-tracking

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

When people go missing, the news media is so far off with their reports. I don't know if they are reporting hearsay or rumors from acquaintances or just want to twist a story for sensationalism. Every news outlet has a different spin of a story. If the boyfriend is inconsistent , in the beginning when something happens to someone in your life you are in shock and not thinking clearly, plus everyone is under suspect (even immediate family) until things gets sorted out. It is not until a few days pass or a week that things come into focus and you are remembering details you may not have originally interjected into the investigation. SO much goes through your mind when a loved one goes missing, guilt, things you should have said or shouldn't have, things you should have done differently that night, all types of scenarios of what tragedies may have happened, plenty of ideas that maybe they just left for awhile because that is truly what they are hoping for. It is a mixed bags of emotions,

When my niece went missing there were so many false reports in the media out there it was a joke. Only the insiders really know what is going on and usually told by LE not to speak publicly about it.

Agree! I don't necessarily think he is guilty. But, not only is he "all over the place" he is all over the place telling inconsistent stories!!! That drives me nuts. I feel that he may be trying to endear himself to family, while throwing shady stabs at the ex. Because one thing is for sure, he is persistent in pointing out how in love they were, yada yada and I wonder if that is why he is allowed to keep talking?

"Shady stabs," haha, I love that.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

That's what I thought at 1st. And in my head I had already determined it couldn't be boyfriend or husband. But now that I realize she actually left the boyfriend's at 7:10 and it seems she could take the photo from the intersection near the jewelry store (of the billboard) by the time she texted the photo to Paul she could have been home - 7:27am.

But to me the timeline is still very tight.
Scenario: She gets home (car in garage?) she argues with husband (perhaps he heard notification when Paul sends I love you text and wanted to know who was texting her so early), he kills her, and at 8:03am he sends cover text?

But the police did say she never made it home.
Would they say if her phone pinged near her house? The *last* ping was Park St. That's the part that doesn't add up to me. Do we know what day the last ping happened?

A phone has to be powered up to ping cell towers.

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-do-police-track-cell-phones

And this is interesting:

https://myshadow.org/location-tracking

Maybe she met him near his work.
He told her to come there to get the kids. Even if he didnt go in he could have waited near there for her.

Maybe she met him near his work.
He told her to come there to get the kids. Even if he didnt go in he could have waited near there for her.
I'm not sure I understand your point. That's still the same time line. In fact PBP, his work is further - a 20 minute drive, so she gets there at 7:30 and where does the husband meet/confront her? Normally I would think where ever he parks for the day, but according to previous findings he called work and said he'd be late. Whoever he talks to said don't bother coming in everyone is going home, we're closing because of the hurricane. Either way, everyone who got there on time would be leaving.

And that's taking for granted he called and told her to meet him at PBP. Because the text that said that came in at 8:03am. If she got that then went to PBP where was she from 7:10-8:03?

Something I thought about. Crystal's cousin was scheduled to be on websleuths podcast but cancelled because LE basically told the family not to speak to media. So, do you think LE advised the BF not to speak to media as well? Yet, he continues to speak out?? Just a thought....

-I believe the reporting and choice of words being used is not only unprofessional, it is negligent! Someone mentioned botching the investigation, and sensationalizing. Agreed! It appears LE egos are driving this and for the wrong reasons.

I wouldn't be surprised if the family later decides to pursue legal action for how local LE has conducted this...across the board.

The words are very strong and would be considered as Slanderous in professional terms.

Also: we covered this topic extensively in thread 2 yesterday (any newbies on today's thread that want to catch up)

-I believe the reporting and choice of words being used is not only unprofessional, it is negligent! Someone mentioned botching the investigation, and sensationalizing. Agreed! It appears LE egos are driving this and for the wrong reasons.

I wouldn't be surprised if the family later decides to pursue legal action for how local LE has conducted this...across the board.

The words are very strong and would be considered as Slanderous in professional terms.

Also: we covered this topic extensively in thread 2 yesterday (any newbies on today's thread that want to catch up)
I must have missed something. What exactly are you referring to?

I'm not talking about pages. I'm talking about people.

Umm, good?

"If you follow on FB..." is what you said. If you aren't reading this stuff on the find Crystal pages, how do you know what her friends and family apparently think? How else do you "follow on FB" except by following the pages dedicated to her? Are you a friend or family of hers so that you have access to their Facebook pages and know what they are discussing?

I made it clear in my response that I was saying that her friends and family on the pages don't seem to be very present at all.

Umm, good?

"If you follow on FB..." is what you said. If you aren't reading this stuff on the find Crystal pages, how do you know what her friends and family apparently think? How else do you "follow on FB" except by following the pages dedicated to her? Are you a friend or family of hers so that you have access to their Facebook pages and know what they are discussing?

I made it clear in my response that I was saying that her friends and family on the pages don't seem to be very present at all.

I think she/he is saying personal pages of friends and family on FB. They aren't too hard to find if you look at friends of friends and stuff. Although I personally haven't seen the support of Paul, but we aren't allowed to link family pages

<mod snip>. LE hasn't done anything wrong in terms of what they have said. How are you so sure that she wasn't hooking up with multiple people? What if what they said was the nicest way to say that she has a lot of scandalous skeletons in her closet? We don't know her. Not even her own family knows what she does in her personal life. Why would an adult tell everyone what they do or don't do?

I think she/he is saying personal pages of friends and family on FB. They aren't too hard to find if you look at friends of friends and stuff. Although I personally haven't seen the support of Paul, but we aren't allowed to link family pages

Right, we aren't supposed to mention what is being said on those pages or imply that they have been sleuthing them. Not sure what she/he is getting at.

I must have missed something. What exactly are you referring to?

I think they mean yesterday's articles. The sheriff's saying Crystal has lots of friends and a successful business and within that business there may have been lots of potential motives such as someone jealous of her success or someone who discovered that she was in an inappropriate relationship.

I'm confused about the timeline. I tried looking for one at the beginning of the thread but missed it if it's linked!

Why do we think the ex's timeframe to do anything to her was so small? She wasn't expected anywhere besides his house, right?

I'm confused about the timeline. I tried looking for one at the beginning of the thread but missed it if it's linked!

Why do we think the ex's timeframe to do anything to her was so small? She wasn't expected anywhere besides his house, right?

BBM above

Wonder if she had to stop by the office (but which office??)...before her day began??? Would that be typical behavior for a R/E agent???

:thinking:

I think what bugs me about the boyfriend is that he is everywhere, seemingly enjoying the attention and sympathy he is receiving for the woman he love so much being missing. He barely knew her. Should he be sad and worried, sure. Should he be making this his story? No! It's not about him, but he sure loves the attention. It is so off-putting.

People who are telling the truth don't have their stories changing like shifting sand. He said they were dating months and then one month and now three weeks. There is NO way this relationship was so significant to him if he can't even remember when he met her. It isn't like he couldn't remember when he started dating her 6 years ago or one year ago. Three weeks! I'm not saying he did something to her, but I'm saying this relationship probably wasn't that important to him.

<bbm>It was significant enough to him to promote her on his stores' billboard. I know a poster above mentioned he had personalised things like engagements, etc., on it in the past. Those kinda things are not personal to him though, per se. Still, that he's all over the place talking about her, coupled with his inconsistencies, grinds on me too.

Talking about being all over the place. He did a Q&A on a Facebook page yesterday. As it's a closed group, I can't link to the posts as per TOS. Worth a look. I'll flag this post myself to see if this part of my post can stay.

I'm not talking about pages. I'm talking about people.
I've saw what you have, but there's a certain page that's anti-Ex where people who knew her in the past are posting.

I think they mean yesterday's articles. The sheriff's saying Crystal has lots of friends and a successful business and within that business there may have been lots of potential motives such as someone jealous of her success or someone who discovered that she was in an inappropriate relationship.
And why is everyone assuming the inappropriateness is on her end. It sounded to me like they were saying she was dating(relationship) a married man (inappropriate) and the wife (someone) found out (discovered). And not even saying she knew the guy was married!

That was being based on her not reading the texts from him (or any text from 8:03am and on)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members