State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-6-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish she would be a little more animated. Kind of droning. jmo

She is awful...same exact script from the first trial

This is a total rerun...... Do they expect different results? Is she taking the backseat on this one or does the fact that she is opening mean we are stuck with her in the lead?

I over-slept. Was up late with one of my dogs, something is wrong with her leg. Just tuned in to the last few moments of the opening. Was it as bad as it sounds? As soon as I heard her voice, my heart dropped.

This is a total rerun...... Do they expect different results? Is she taking the backseat on this one or does the fact that she is opening mean we are stuck with her in the lead?

I think Howard Cummings is in charge.
The WD suit mentioned was new this time

I think Howard Cummings is in charge.
The WD suit mentioned was new this time

I know I'm going to sound like the most negative person in the world. I do not like BH. And HC is not any better.....he's the king of the hmms, eers, long pauses--as if he has lost his place.
Oh dear lord, please give the jurors patience, strength, and ***wisdom***.

I found it interesting and compelling because it drew me in as I was listening. She wove a tale like a good mystery book...not revealing everything, but hitting some key points and giving a lot of context to that dysfunctional relationship and the characters in the case.

It's a complicated case, with as she said, a lot of parts to it. The jury now knows it was a brutal, personal murder in which a toddler was not injured, dog not injured, wedding rings taken off the hand of the deceased.

They know several strange things happened at the hotel the same night, they know someone ID'd JY at a gas station, and they know JY never once helped or spoke to anyone at any time in over 4 years and allowed himself to be declared the slayer of his wife and hand custody of his child over.

That's a lot for anyone to absorb!

I found it to be good. No stuttering, good use of dramatic pauses, eye contact, short sentences any jury could understand.

Opening very underwhelming, imo.

I completely agree that it wasn't dramatic or exciting, but even if I was hearing all that information for the first time, I would be taken aback by it during that opening. To me, the evidence is overwhelming, in any form. That said, I wish she would've put some anger into it!!!

"Internet vigilantes" ... "driving to his house, taking pictures" ...

They should have just played a video from last June...the only thing new was 'Dr" Godwin and the cigs were left out.....Holt mentioned WD suit

Still think the prosecution team 'learned' anything from the first time?

Still think the prosecution team 'learned' anything from the first time?

Not yet, unfortunately. The direct of Me.Y. is filled with long pauses, hmmmms, ahmmmms, etc. I can't bear it. This stuff is so old now BH should be firing questions by rote, but in a nice way with this witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow