Did the Mcanns refuse to alow the twins to be tested for drugs in their system

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjak

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this is true? Did the Mcanns refuse to alow the twins to be tested for drugs in their system when LE requested it because of the twins sound sleeping? Does someone know of a link to where this information may have come from?

Thanks
mjak

Does anyone know if this is true? Did the Mcanns refuse to alow the twins to be tested for drugs in their system when LE requested it because of the twins sound sleeping? Does someone know of a link to where this information may have come from?

Thanks
mjak
There were rumours about this but I haven't seen any confirmation about it.

The McCanns have had their own test done, including the twins, as part of their own dossier. All negative.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/11/23/wmaddy223.xml

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2008/02/theory-of-abduction-of-madeleine-mccann.html

15. Refusing a Urine Test on the Twins.

The McCanns, both doctors, refused urine tests for their two-year-old twins, although they later admitted that the children "could have been drugged by the abductor". The parents then waited for five months before engaging an agency to carry out "independent" tests. The results of these tests have never been publicly disclosed and it is not known for what drugs the agency tested.

These allegations regarding the refusal of initial testing were reported in the Portuguese press.

I tend to think that the reports are true for one main reason. If they had agreed to drug testing for the twins immediately, that information would surely have been reported all along, especially in the British press.

Ask yourself this, if your two small children had been left behind during an abduction and they did not wake up during all the activity while people and police searched and with KM screaming for Maddie....would you ask that they be tested for some sort of sedative-type drug that might still be in their systems?

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2008/02/theory-of-abduction-of-madeleine-mccann.html

15. Refusing a Urine Test on the Twins.

The McCanns, both doctors, refused urine tests for their two-year-old twins, although they later admitted that the children "could have been drugged by the abductor". The parents then waited for five months before engaging an agency to carry out "independent" tests. The results of these tests have never been publicly disclosed and it is not known for what drugs the agency tested.

These allegations regarding the refusal of initial testing were reported in the Portuguese press.

I tend to think that the reports are true for one main reason. If they had agreed to drug testing for the twins immediately, that information would surely have been reported all along, especially in the British press.

Ask yourself this, if your two small children had been left behind during an abduction and they did not wake up during all the activity while people and police searched and with KM screaming for Maddie....would you ask that they be tested for some sort of sedative-type drug that might still be in their systems?
Furthermore, I beleive they refused due to the fact that being Dr's they were very well aware that any drugs would be out of the twins tiny systems after a few months and not even hair folicals would show trace evidence at that time. So, if they concluded they may have been drugged by an abductor - why wait on the tests?!?

Thanks everyone for the input. The reason I asked if this is true because I had a realization yesterday that if it is true it is very very damning for Kate and Gerry. If you are innocent parents who just found there child missing and believe abducted and LE asks to test your other children who they think could be drugged you do not refuse. Instead you panic that your other children could be in danger if they have been drugged or worse even dying. To say no to this request if this happened is in my opinion not something an innocent person in this situation would do. I think it is crucial to know exactly when this request was made to the parents when they refused.

mjak

Thanks everyone for the input. The reason I asked if this is true because I had a realization yesterday that if it is true it is very very damning for Kate and Gerry. If you are innocent parents who just found there child missing and believe abducted and LE asks to test your other children who they think could be drugged you do not refuse. Instead you panic that your other children could be in danger if they have been drugged or worse even dying. To say no to this request if this happened is in my opinion not something an innocent person in this situation would do. I think it is crucial to know exactly when this request was made to the parents when they refused.

mjak

Bingo! It would have been proof or evidence that Madeleine had perhaps been drugged also and not "given them their tuppence worth" of a fight, as Kate described Maddie's temperament.

Bingo! It would have been proof or evidence that Madeleine had perhaps been drugged also and not "given them their tuppence worth" of a fight, as Kate described Maddie's temperament.

Ironicly, if they did refuse to do this to me this is even more proof of their involvment. No parent who is traumatized by their missing child is going to hesitate for one second if LE says they think your other children might be drugged to have them tested. Innocent parents at this time have all their childrens wellbeing on their minds.

mjak

Ironicly, if they did refuse to do this to me this is even more proof of their involvment. No parent who is traumatized by their missing child is going to hesitate for one second if LE says they think your other children might be drugged to have them tested. Innocent parents at this time have all their childrens wellbeing on their minds.

mjak

Totally agree with you, in this kind of situation you would do ANYTHING to help the police if it could help to find your little one.

Talking of wellbeing, as a matter of interest, did G&K give any reason why they didn't take advantage of the babysitting facilities at the Ocean World resort . I found this article and I have to say if you it's a child free evening you are looking for , relaxed, without worry...this seems perfect.
It doesn't :confused: make sense, but then very little regarding this case does.

http://portugalresident.com/portugalresident/showstory.asp?ID=18787

Childcare

10th May 2007

Mark Warner resorts offer either a free room listening or a drop-in crèche service for young children.

The room listening service operates from 8pm until midnight when nannies tour the rooms checking on the children and reporting any problems to parents.

The drop-in crèche service operates from 7.30pm until 11.30pm and allows people to drop off their children at the resort’s crèche where they are entertained with films, games and so on, or sleep in a designated quiet area.

The Mark Warner website states: “For you to relax on holiday, you want to know your children are in expert hands, being cared for in a happy safe environment. That’s why all our nannies are fully trained by us either in the UK or at the resort, are all English-speaking and the majority hold a DCE, NNEB, NVQ or equivalent qualification.”

John Hill said: “They had not requested the dining out service, a child minding service which allows parents to enjoy a meal while their children are being looked after by qualified personnel.”

While this service is available at the resort, the parents decided to check on the children at regular half hourly intervals themselves.

Also, the testing was "supposedly" carried out on the twins hair, five months after the fact, and if any of the news media is to believed, after several haircuts for both children. So I would expect those results to be quite accurate.......huh?

Salem

Also, the testing was "supposedly" carried out on the twins hair, five months after the fact, and if any of the news media is to believed, after several haircuts for both children. So I would expect those results to be quite accurate.......huh?

Salem

yes you would expect them to be accurate. Drugs stay in hair for a long time. There has never been any evidence to suggest the twins were drugged by their parents.
I also do not get why supposedly is in quote marks, why is that?

yes you would expect them to be accurate. Drugs stay in hair for a long time. There has never been any evidence to suggest the twins were drugged by their parents.
I also do not get why supposedly is in quote marks, why is that?

This depends entirely on who is doing the testing, and who is paying for the results.

the mccanns asked a uk police officer on 5th may, two days later, to find out from the portuguese police if there was any evidence that drugs had been used

they were convinced drugs were used but never took their kids to a and e
or any doctor but kate complains in her book the police never did, there was nothing stopping them

They took five months to get tests on them!! ONLY to prove they themselves didnt drug them, how bizarre, even if the tests came back positive how this could prove they didnt drug them is beyond me

drugs stay in hair for quite a long time so it would be possible to see if they had been regularly drugged prior to the abduction from the tests on the hair even months later.

drugs stay in hair for quite a long time so it would be possible to see if they had been regularly drugged prior to the abduction from the tests on the hair even months later.
that doesnt answer my question and im not sure its a factual reply either

It all depends on how long the twins' hair is maintained. If very short, then 5 months is enough time to allow the hair to grow out and then a haircut would remove that drug residue.

The drug only shows up in the hair while the subject is given that substance. Stop the substance and new hair growth will not show it. So during the testing, the hair is laid and and since hair grows at a predictable rate, you can determine when the ingestion of the substance started, how long it lasted (and in some cases concentration amounts) and when it was stopped. If you stop taking the substance, wait long enough for the hair to grow out and then get a haircut, the new hair growth will come up clean.

it would depend on the drug as it may stay in the system for quite a while after it was last administered.

They made sure the twins had a haircut very soon after Madeleine's disappearance.

Gerry refers to it in his blog.

if they were drugging their children then why bring it up, and what were they drugging them with, and why bother checking the children if they knew they would be asleep. the mccanns told of their concerns, if they had been the ones drugging the children then why mention it. Personally I do not think any of the children were drugged by anyone, some children can sleep through earthquakes, and I think the mccanns were doing what all people do when something bad happens, they go over every single detail looking for significance.

if they were drugging their children then why bring it up, and what were they drugging them with, and why bother checking the children if they knew they would be asleep. the mccanns told of their concerns, if they had been the ones drugging the children then why mention it. Personally I do not think any of the children were drugged by anyone, some children can sleep through earthquakes, and I think the mccanns were doing what all people do when something bad happens, they go over every single detail looking for significance.

That's the point, they didn't bring it up...until much, much later, when it no longer mattered.

Gerry admitted in his blog that it had crossed their minds the twins had indeed been drugged that night.

So. A loving, caring father, who also happens to be a medical practitioner, plus his wife, same, fearing their baby "abducted" and her siblings "drugged" by an "abductor", do not see fit to mention possible drugging it at the time, nor arrange testing for those almost comatose toddlers?

Kate was even seen checking their breathing.

As medical practitioners, it would be best practice to get those babies to a hospital to be checked. As frightened parents, it would be urgent.

It wasn't...in fact they didn't even mention it, actually handing their (drugged, maybe overdosed) twins off to friends for the night.

How is this behaviour explained?

because they checked they were breathing and they were fine. The drugged theory did not come about until afterwards and even then only as in "in hindsight everything becomes significant" type way. And a child sleeping through noise does not mean they have gone into a coma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni