Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stutes’ filing indicates that the state has a “written or recorded confession or statement” Lavergne made voluntarily to Lt. Jack Lightfoot of the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office at the Lafayette Police Department after he was advised of his rights in July. Also, Stutes intends to present evidence that while Lavergne was in custody of the Louisiana Department of Corrections — he served eight years for blindfolding, tying up and sexually assaulting an 18-year-old woman in April 1999, less than two months before Pate was killed — he made statements relevant to the Pate case to three people identified in court filings only by initials.
In the Shunick case, he made an “oral confession or statement” to at least 13 people from April 20 to June 14, including his family members, according to the filing. Those individuals are listed by initials only or as “persons” affiliated with a law enforcement or other agency or company. It's unclear if the state plans to call all of them as witnesses.

So could be up to 13 people he told about Mickey? wow, find that hard to believe that many people wouldn't of said SOMETHING

So, he made statements about Mickey beginning on April 20, almost a month before her abduction/murder? That leads me to believe that this was planned, and was not a crime of opportunity.

Also, regarding the women's ID's found in his home: I hope that even if they took the DP off the table in Mickey's case, they can pin it on him for another victim if they can link him to the disappearance of other women from some of the missing women's ID's.

I hope they also start digging up all around where they found Mickey, to see if that was a spot he used more than once to dispose of a body.

Where did they find Lisa's body? Was it near a cemetery and had he buried her also? tia

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...sey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

This article says her body was transferred to LSU Faces Lab for identification, including medical and dental records... so perhaps the Lab will ID her by dental records, which I assume they do in addition to facial reconstruction.

just jumping off your post - not arguing.

advanced stages of decomp does still include skin and tissue, so i think they KNOW it's her, but they have to scientifically confirm for legal reasons. also, they may be able to determine the exact cause of death and more.

Mouton said police followed a private road past a small cemetery of about 30 headstones and into a wooded area to the spot where the body was buried.

Not located in the cemetary, but beyond it.

"Based on the info we have, and the vehicle seen in the area, [we believe] he was riding around, looking for someone to victimize," Craft said at the time of Lavergne's arrest.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/body-belie...ated-jewelry-clothing-found/story?id=16957845

They must have video from multiple cameras of him driving around the area for awhile.

So, he made statements about Mickey beginning on April 20, almost a month before her abduction/murder? That leads me to believe that this was planned, and was not a crime of opportunity.

Talking this point through with several other web sleuthers, we've surmised that this date was perhaps when BSL tried to bribe the DMV employee. While that would pertain to Mickey's case, it doesn't necessarily mean premeditation. But who knows.

Ms. Manhein was involved in the identification of Lisa Pate's remains. DNA testing can take a while...usually not as instantaneous as shown on TV dramas (unfortunately). It is interesting that dental records aren't mentioned, though.

Could it be possible that Mickey had never been to a dentist?

Do you think if they can find the cause of death..they will let that be known to us..or will LE hold that info also?

advanced stages of decomp does still include skin and tissue, so i think they KNOW it's her, but they have to scientifically confirm for legal reasons. also, they may be able to determine the exact cause of death and more.

Agree. The Faces Lab does more than facial reconstruction. And your point on decomp and cause of death is right on, too, which is why they would need forensic anthropologists as opposed to forensic pathologists.

Not sure the LSU Faces Lab could help determine cause of death. I would think the ME would be the one to do that.

He probably admitted to more murders in my opinion. I find it hard to believe he did so as a plea bargain, but more as a distraction to not connect him to other murders.

Do you think if they can find the cause of death..they will let that be known to us..or will LE hold that info also?

I am sure if he told them where her body was, it was after he confessed and told them what happened(including how she died). Getting her recovered was most likely the last thing they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member