Brendan Dassey's Habeas Corpus Petition Granted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so happy for Brendan and also his mother. As a mom myself, her story in the documentary really touched me.

Yup corruption is coming to light! I hope they are ALL @@@tting in their pants!

What I would like to see is those two crooks who hide behind the badge, Fassbender & Wiegert, thrown in the clink for a long time. And put them in general pop. with the other like minded crooks.

Disgusting individuals.

What's the difference between habeas corpus granted and overturned conviction ?

What I would like to see is those two crooks who hide behind the badge, Fassbender & Wiegert, thrown in the clink for a long time. And put them in general pop. with the other like minded crooks.

Disgusting individuals.

Only if Kratz gets to be their roommate!!!! To think... that press conference was based 100% on Brendan's coerced confession, now that is disgusting.

The narrative Kratz and LE gave to TH's family based on Brendan's coerced confession, that is even more disgusting.

Disgusting individuals.

Right ! Will any of the guilty members of LE or the DA's office face charges ?

Only if Kratz gets to be their roommat!!!! To think... that press conference was based 100% on Brendan's coerced confession, now that is disgusting.

The narrative Kratz and LE gave to TH's family based on Brendan's coerced confession, that is even more disgusting.

Kratz is a different story altogether. I put him up there with the most vile human beings on the planet. The pedophiles, the mass murderers and the like. He seems mentally ill. Don't believe one word that comes out of his mouth. He is the baddest of the bad. He will do anything to anyone to serve his own agenda and sexually deviant mind. JMO

Poor Brendan...In 2013 A State of Appeals Court rejected Brendan's request for a new trial, so it had to go to Federal Court.

Let him out!

A state appeals court has rejected Brendan Dassey's request for a new trial on charges that he helped kill a young woman in 2005 in one of Wisconsin's most notorious crimes.

What's the difference between habeas corpus granted and overturned conviction ?

Habeas corpus, iirc , means ' bring me the body'. In other words it's release the body / inmate at once and bring them before the judge.
Overturned conviction means his conviction is reversed. So I'm guessing that means once free he won't be on parole or anything show on his record. Is that right? It will be as if it never happend,,,, uh except for all those years in jail. Sorry , kid !

Well, we can be glad that his conviction was overturned

Brilliant news. I hope the State lets it go, and really, they need to start preparing their own defences I think. Some pretty nervous LE and legal types should be VERY unsettled right about now.

Here is a thought.... they got a new search warrant in March 2006, based soley on information they got from Brendan in his "confession", this is when they "found" the bullet, the one that had very little and the only DNA linking TH to the house/garage.... ya know, the one that SC deviated from protocol to report TH's DNA on it... the one that the defense couldn't watch the testing.... the one that had all of the DNA used up in that test.

I wonder if anything they found in that search based on that warrant and that information could no longer be admissable in SA's case? I don't recall if there was really anything else found in those searches... seems to me that they took a whole bunch of stuff from the house, including walls/floors/baseboards, etc. and I don't think much of anything was found or used, other than the bullet.

I have zero doubt the state will appeal to the 7th Circuit and if Magistrate Judge Duffin's order is affirmed, they will try and find a way to retry him.

But, unlike most here, I also have zero doubt Steven Avery killed Halbach and dragged his nephew into it.

OH MY GOSH! So glad to hear this for Brendan!!! Like someone else said~~Not sure about SA, but everyone knew Brendan was railroaded!!!

Now, the question is...did KZ know this was going to go down in August and was just waiting for this to happen to help her case with SA? Strategic move????

OH MY GOSH! So glad to hear this for Brendan!!! Like someone else said~~Not sure about SA, but everyone knew Brendan was railroaded!!!

Now, the question is...did KZ know this was going to go down in August and was just waiting for this to happen to help her case with SA? Strategic move????

Nope. Brendan's own attorneys thought it would take longer to get a ruling. However, I'm sure Zellner is now twerking her filing to request the bullet be tossed as the warrant used to find it was obtained based on false information.

I doubt she had any idea when the decision would come out. All she knew is what everyone knew which is that the petition had been fully briefed and was ready for a decision.

Just watching Brendan's interrogation in the documentary made my heart hurt. I'm so so glad this is happening for him and pray the state will just let it go.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member