Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? EXCLUSIVE? I refuse to ever click on a dailymail.com.uk link again. Their reporting is highly inaccurate and most times only headline grabbing garbage.

You're welcome.

I desperately want to know what the neighbors, the whole neighborhood, the people of Mountain Gate, the people of Redding, and the people who know the Papini's, think of this case. What are they saying amongst themselves? What are their theories? Communities know things. They know their own. They always know.

In my experience, locals often have a less-insightful view of things. The grapevine can be a twisted, terrible thing. Locals will bring their own biases and grudges into the analysis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my experience, locals often have a less-insightful view of things. The grapevine can be a twisted, terrible thing. Locals will bring their own biases and grudges into the analysis

True, but I'm curious to know what the word around town is.

Klinnert, a developmentally disabled young woman who was 17 at the time, was abducted by a man with whom she shared mutual friends outside a Safeway in the quiet suburb of El Dorado Hills, about half an hour east of Sacramento.

So how does that relate to this case? SP is not developmentally disabled, she is not 17 years old, and I'm pretty sure she did not meet her kidnappers through a mutual friend. It's apples and oranges.

If you are going to try to make a case for human trafficking, at least try to find a similar case. Otherwise I fail to see how it is relevant.

Well, maybe one clue about what peeps in her community think was the massive amount of concern that was demonstrated in all kinds of ways, including direct involvement in searching for Sherri.

California Victim Compensation should cover medical bills, relocation costs, counselling, plastic surgery if needed, etc etc.

Thanks, Rayemonde. I didn't know that.

Would they also cover the cost of a new house, rent, a new vehicle or anything like that?

I'll do a little research.

Here's what the California Victim's Compensation funding covers and doesn't cover:

CalVCB may help pay for expenses related to a crime such as:

Medical and dental treatment
Mental health services
Income loss
Funeral and burial expenses
Loss of support for dependents when a victim is killed or disabled because of a crime
Home or vehicle modifications
Home security
Relocation
Crime scene cleanup
CalVCB cannot pay for any expense not related to the crime, any expenses paid by insurance or another source of reimbursement or coverage, expenses for lost, stolen or damaged property, or damages for pain and suffering.

There are limits on how much can be paid for each loss.

Judging by the info on the webpage, Sherri would meet the victim qualifications if she submitted the application to be reimbursed for some/all of the covered expenses.

http://vcgcb.ca.gov/victims/

News websites are doing a fine job spreading false information. I just scanned Google News and several outlets are reporting that SP and Tera Smith both disappeared on the same "jogging trail." As if Old Oregon Trail was an actual trail.

<mod snip> It said Tera was HEADED to the same trail that Sherri disappeared on. Also, the fact that she had a friend that disappeared while jogging is VERY significant to this case! <mod snip>

I don't know what the motives were for the attempted kidnapping of this 27 year old mother in Redding, luckily she got away and they were apprehended. Just showing that it is not that far-fetched to think an adult woman would be abducted, especially in a high crime area where drugs and repeat offenders are prevalent.

Two Redding men were arrested this morning on suspicion of trying to kidnap a 27-year-old woman on Hilltop Drive shortly after she had put her 7-year-old daughter on a school bus, police said.

The mother told officers she had walked her daughter to the bus stop and, after the child got on, she began to walk back home, police said.

But, she said, a red Volkswagen Jetta pulled up next to her.

A man got out of the car, pointed what she thought was a handgun at her and ordered her to get into the car, she told police.

Carter was booked into jail for violating probation, attempted kidnapping, possession of a billy club, possession of drug paraphernalia, and resisting-delaying a police officer, police said.

http://archive.redding.com/news/pol...nap-redding-woman-ep-361529770-354003601.html

So how does that relate to this case? SP is not developmentally disabled, she is not 17 years old, and I'm pretty sure she did not meet her kidnappers through a mutual friend. It's apples and oranges.

If you are going to try to make a case for human trafficking, at least try to find a similar case. Otherwise I fail to see how it is relevant.

As for the text message – I think that's an interesting angle to pursue a little bit more. It's also interesting that cell phones play a pretty central role in this case if you think about it – missed text at the beginning, missed call at the end, lost cell phone in the middle. It's all very curious. But back to the text --in an earlier thread Keith said he had to drive almost out to the mailboxes to get her cell phone to ping. I'm stuck on that. That to me indicates it might have been very difficult to send a text from their home. Between that and the fact that she sent the text to a phone that he doesn't often look at at work makes me think she was already abducted and on her way out of the neighborhood at that point. She sent the text and then the women – or whoever – put the cell phone down next to the mailboxes. And she was gone. Maybe that helps to narrow time down a bit.

I'm dense, I guess. I'm having a hard time following. She sent the text after being abducted? Do you think the abductors let her do it? Why? What purpose would it serve? If you think the abductors did not know she was sending the text, then why didn't she tell her husband she had just been abducted?

Thanks to everyone who answered my question. I guess I was just curious about trying to sleuth a case with so little. I used to post here before the Casey Anthony trial (forgot my username and password so rejoined anew.)
I remember back then there was so much to discuss. Her MySpace postings. Zannie.. Her behavior. Possible suspects. We discussed possible motives, clues. The family. We speculated. It got really intense.
I guess it was a shock to me to rejoin and to try and read on a case where there feels like there is nothing much to go on or talk about.
LE Is really holding their cards close to vest. There is no public statement from the victim. The newspapers cannot seem to report anything with enough accuracy to work with. Even KP story gets confusing like when originally it was said she was pushed from moving car then later it was a stopped car. The hair went from chopped to shaved to cut to shoulders.
I guess I feel it's hard to sleuth when reports are so inaccurate. Makes me feel like if i question it it means I'm questioning the victim so I'm hesitant to speak.

Thats all i meant by asking. I guess I was trying to suss out how to sleuth with less info than I am used to.
Im a novice obviously

Thanks, Rayemonde. I didn't know that.

Would they also cover the cost of a new house, rent, a new vehicle or anything like that?

I'll do a little research.

I posted what the California victims fund covers earlier and it certainly does not cover the cost of a new house or new vehicle. It covers things like counseling, lost wages, security system ($!K), funeral costs if murdered. It caps out at $63k.

Can I ask a question respectfully?
if everyone believes this case as it is told...why so many pages?
We accept that LE can't and won't share info. We accept that the family deserves privacy. We accept that it was horrible and that it was 2 women who abducted and tortured her. So what is there to sleuth and dissect?
If LE isn't offering clues, and we cannot speculate on anything not stated as fact thus far....why are we all still here day after day, page after page trying to make something out of nothing?
We have hashed over grocery bags. Hose clamps. Why 2 women. Dogs being left behind. Using daycare without a job. Etc etc
But why? Why are we still so fascinated with this story? We may never be told and our guesses are nothing but fabricated assumptions.
Why are we unable to wait for the pieces to fall together ?
Is it because we all think deep down there is way more to this case than meets the eye? Or is it because as much as the family states the want privacy...we decided too bad...we wanna pry?

i guess I just don't know what there is to sleuth right now. We have been given absolutely nothing. There is less info on this case than any I have ever been a researched.

So my question is to anyone who wishes to answer. What still draws you to this page even though no new evidence has been given?

I don't mind trying to answer. For me there are two interesting puzzles here.

Puzzle 1: What was the purpose of the abduction? The fact that it doesn't fit neatly in one of the standard scenarios ...

--punishment/message-sending (doesn't take three weeks for this)
--profit by ransom (no ransom demands were made)
--sex-trafficking (SP doesn't fit the right demographic and [as was clear by the second day if not right from the start] doesn't have the "no one will want to find her anyhow" trait that runaways, mentally ill, homeless, addicts, et al have
--sexual enslavement (unusual for two women to abduct one woman for this, and keep in mind that KP said the two women were the only people SP saw)

... means that we all are scratching our heads and wondering what this was. So we come here to discuss and, yes, to speculate without a lot of data.

Puzzle 2: Whatever you think of him, CG seems to have problems keeping his facts straight. He also has a consistent pattern of hostility to law enforcement. For me (not necessarily for others) this combination of a smoke and mirrors way with words plus a "stand back, cops and FBI" tone raises the specter that the whole case at its core is some form of deception, especially alongside Puzzle 1 above. Last night Lake16 made the valid point that whatever you think of CG, his thirst for publicity kept the case in the public eye and might thereby have contributed to making SP a captive who was too dangerous to keep. I agree with her. The flip side, however, for me, is that the difficulty I have in trusting him occasionally has made it difficult for me to trust the people he says he represents. In short, I think his presence has cast aspersions on the Papinis and their friends and family, and probably unfairly. Puzzle 2 boils down to: Given that there's a bunch of b.s. here, exactly how much is there? For this puzzle I actually think we have more data to chew on--ransom offers, videos, URL registrations--and I don't think it's all speculation.

I posted what the California victims fund covers and it certainly does not cover the cost of a new house or new vehicle. It covers things like counseling, lost wages, security system ($!K), funeral costs if murdered. It caps out at $63k.

Thanks Sophie. I missed your earlier post on the subject and didn't see the $63k cap when I just checked out the website. Good to know.

Can I ask a question respectfully?
if everyone believes this case as it is told...why so many pages?
We accept that LE can't and won't share info. We accept that the family deserves privacy. We accept that it was horrible and that it was 2 women who abducted and tortured her. So what is there to sleuth and dissect?
If LE isn't offering clues, and we cannot speculate on anything not stated as fact thus far....why are we all still here day after day, page after page trying to make something out of nothing?
We have hashed over grocery bags. Hose clamps. Why 2 women. Dogs being left behind. Using daycare without a job. Etc etc
But why? Why are we still so fascinated with this story? We may never be told and our guesses are nothing but fabricated assumptions.
Why are we unable to wait for the pieces to fall together ?
Is it because we all think deep down there is way more to this case than meets the eye? Or is it because as much as the family states the want privacy...we decided too bad...we wanna pry?

i guess I just don't know what there is to sleuth right now. We have been given absolutely nothing. There is less info on this case than any I have ever been a researched.

So my question is to anyone who wishes to answer. What still draws you to this page even though no new evidence has been given?

Others have answered so well, but I found myself shaking my head at your post. Not only is this case fresh, it's the craziest case many of us have ever seen! So many things don't add up, which leads to questions, which leads to speculation. Websleuths are a special, complex, often intuitive breed of puzzle solvers. Some of us are LE, some of us (like myself) are in LE families, some of us (again, like myself) have some Criminal Justice in our background, some are lawyers, some are victims. We over analyze, scrutinize, shake, observe, tear apart and put back together. We're collective problem solvers. But the biggest thing you will find here is HEART. We care. We're justice driven. Sleuths around the world get things done because they are curious and tenacious. If you think we've hashed and rehashed all we can here in a month's time, perhaps this abbreviated list will provide a bit of historical perspective ... some cases never die.

Jack the Ripper
JFK Assassination
Marilyn Monroe
The Titanic
Manson Murders
Jimmy Hoffa
Natalie Holloway
The Memphis Three
William Tyrell
Kyron Horman
Casey Anthony
JonBenet Ramsey
Kristen Smart

:welcome3: Lake16! Prayers continue for the Papini family!

I've been thinking... and truly, I don't know what I believe happened in this case. As everyone has stated, we're elated SP is ALIVE and thus has a chance to heal, and thrive!! The alternative was sadly much more likely to have happened. Too many cases end up with deceased in the title.

I've no doubt that SP knows and saw lots more than what's been released, and that LE knows that. As I stated in a prior thread, watch the 20/20 interview near the end when KP was asked about the actual abduction. KP's pause was immediately noticeable, and it was either because I realized he leaked a detail, or perhaps should not have answered, etc. It was during his 'theory' of what could have happened, and how SP wasn't as likely to approach a vehicle with men. SP talked with those abductors because she was abducted, IMO. I don't know their ruse, but there was communication, and she saw them. Now it could have only been 30 seconds or so, and then the abduction occurred, so she may not have mentally taken in all she was seeing at that moment. I mean I could speak to someone in the grocery store, ask me 5 minutes later what they were wearing, or looked like, and unless something just stood out, I probably couldn't tell you. I don't pay much attention to details, others are highly detail oriented and could tell you what type of shoe, socks, whether they had a weave, or wig, or real hair, etc. I doubt I would remember if they had on makeup!

During that time of abduction, she may have seen glimpses or this or that, and be able to give minute details that eventually add up to a profile of sorts, even if she can't provide an accurate description for an artist. JMO!

Lastly, after reading a case here the other night where a guy was murdered because he wanted to leave to get a pack of cigarettes, well, nothing would surprise me as motive anymore, and all my guesses in the world don't matter. I've seen some far out motives while following true crimes, but daggone if anyone is worth killing over a pack of cigs! Heck, the young boy that was killed for less than $20 when he and his cousin rode their bike, and those scum suckers abducted him from his bike, drove around torturing him, then killed him and dumped him like trash! There's just so much evil.....unable to comprehend.

every time I say "I live locally" every one has to drink! Just kidding mods.

but seriously, I walk the dog every morning and I pass other people walking by themselves or stroller'ing their children etc... No body seems worried about getting plucked off the street and there have not been a rash of missing persons fitting this M.O.

Sadly, much of the talk has stopped. The local schools were discussing it last week and now, nothing.
My spouse work place never talks about it. Sad that it is off the radar for many. That is what the Sheriff wanted though I think when he decided no more press conferences etc...

Redding is getting painted in such a bad way you might be surprised at the natural beauty surrounding us and how great most of the people are. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full, right?

LE always waits for people to talk, because talk they will. People know what's up most of the time. I'd be chatting up all of the locals.

This may have already been addressed so if it has, my apologies.

The timeline/events the morning she went missing is confusing to me.

KP last sees her just before 7
A neighbor who knows her, sees her out running right around 9
She texts KP at around 10:30 (IIRC) to see if he was coming home for lunch (which has been stated is odd, since he doesn't use his cell at work, and she knows that)
And then there's the partially wrapped gift left sitting there
And her phone & ear buds left a mile away by the mailboxes

Based on all that, it seems like she went out for a run, came home and started to wrap that gift, texted him and then....... then what? Went out for another run? Taken from home and had her phone put their by either Hispanic #1 or #2?

Maybe someone else can put this together because it doesn't fit for me. What am I missing?

The fact that her phone was placed neatly rather than thrown haphazardly suggests that SHE was the one that placed it like that. It would make sense that her phone was placed as it was with the earbuds coiled neatly and place on top if, when they took her, they told her to put her phone down. They wouldn't want her being able to use it, and they certainly wouldn't want it pinging, so they would probably tell her to leave it behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks