WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I saw, under his original pen name, there were 4 poems. One was uploaded last February (on the 25th). Three were uploaded last July (1st of the month). Only one, Trainwreck, was carried over to his new profile; and was posted on the 9th of this month; along with The Game, Lockdown, and Strides.

On the 11th, Eclipse was added.
On the 12th, Final Stand and Suck My were added.
On the 13th, Fatality was added.
On the 18th, Bipolar Bob was added.

This is accurate to the best of my knowledge. If anyone knows of any inaccuracies above, please feel free to correct me.

I think that's right according to my notes.

Someone mentioned earlier about the brodie marks at the house in Crescent Bar that they look like they maybe are made from a motorbike of some kind, and that's the way it lookes to me too. Getting on the back of a motorbike is one reason to leave your purse in your car and only taking your phone and a debit card. (whether at the end of Pitcher Canyon or elsewhere).

I think they look like bike too. However, unless we want to go with the multiple suspect theory, I don't see any way that she could have gone there on a bike with her car involved. Everything in this story points to the car being dumped after the crime. IMO of course :)

Cpt. Doug Jones, who is handling media calls for the task force developed to investigate Cowell’s homicide, said they’ve also been getting numerous tips in a tip box and are starting to receive responses from the video showing Cowell walking to her car in the City of Wenatchee-owned parking lot behind the Academy of Hair Design, where she was a student.

Jones said the heightened state of alert by the public is good, since authorities don’t yet have a suspect, and don’t know whether Cowell’s killer is still in the area and a danger to the general public.

“We don’t really have any indication in this case whether it’s someone she knew,” he said. “At this point, we only have pretty broad theories,” he said.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/19/suspicious-complaints-up-as-homicide/

She could have driven herself to CB to meet someone. Gone for a bike ride. Something goes bad. The perp dumps her car in PC. Walks out. Although that doesn't account for where is the bike. A bike is easier to hide though. Just throwing out ideas. I personally think she drove herself to CB.

She could have driven herself to CB to meet someone. Gone for a bike ride. Something goes bad. The perp dumps her car in PC. Walks out. Although that doesn't account for where is the bike. Just throwing out ideas. I personally think she drove herself to CB.

Hmm, that actually isn't a bad idea, if this house is really as secluded as it look he could have secreted his bike nearby, driven her car out, but then would have to have someone drive him out later to pick it up (unless he has access to a pickup truck).

I almost wonder if this wasn't an area known to a few local teens and had been utilized for parties in the last couple of months. Nothing really points to this except the brodies and possible fire pit, but it's an idea.

I do have to say that for myself, my backyard borders the neighbors and since I'm rarely out back this time of year something like this would likely go unnoticed from me for quite a while. I guess it depends on how good a view this couple that saw the brodies have and how "nosy" they are.

Oh, I wanted to add. I wish we had a biker in here who could tell us if these kind of brodies are likely to be made with a street bike, or if it looks like a 2 stroke dirtbike type of bike (and they aren't usually street legal). Personally I have sort of a hard time imagining that a street legal bike made those deep brodies, but who knows.

A bike could still be hidden around CB somewhere. Most people who have motorbikes it is their "second car".

Oh, I wanted to add. I wish we had a biker in here who could tell us if these kind of brodies are likely to be made with a street bike, or if it looks like a 2 stroke dirtbike type of this (and they aren't usually street legal). Personally I have sort of a hard time imagining that a street legal bike made those deep brodies, but who knows.

With all due respect I see nothing "legal" about these people/person.

With all due respect I see nothing "legal" about these people/person.

No, I mean street legal in the sense that it has turn signals/headlights, license and tabs. Most dirtbikes don't and have to be transported via truck.

Why would somebody have made the brodie marks?

- To impress somebody. Like if a guy did it to impress Mackenzie. Or to impress somebody else who was there when Mackenzie was killed.

- To cover up footprints or other evidence. The fact that it is such a nice figure 8 shape makes me think this is not the case. They would have probably just dug up the ground where the footprints were instead.

- The marks don't have anything directly to do with MacKenzie's death. They were made earlier and the neighbors just didn't notice them. That could mean the empty house is a hangout spot.

- As an act of rage after killing MacKenzie. Could fit with the last part of #1.

- To leave some kind of message or calling card.

Any other ideas?

Why would somebody have made the brodie marks?

- To impress somebody. Like if a guy did it to impress Mackenzie. Or to impress somebody else who was there when Mackenzie was killed.

- To cover up footprints or other evidence. The fact that it is such a nice figure 8 shape makes me think this is not the case. They would have probably just dug up the ground where the footprints were instead.

- The marks don't have anything directly to do with MacKenzie's death. They were made earlier and the neighbors just didn't notice them. That could mean the empty house is a hangout spot.

- As an act of rage after killing MacKenzie. Could fit with the last part of #1.

- To leave some kind of message or calling card.

Any other ideas?

Yeah, I really can't see the brodies being related unless it goes back to this being a known hangout. I mean, why? I would think that spinning brodies with a noisy motorcycle right out in the open would be that last thing on my mind if I was planning a murder (assuming this was premeditated), or after committing a murder in the heat of passion. JMO.

ETA- Also wanted to add that we don't know where her body was located on the beach. If it was further up the property in that brush/tree belt, it would be completely possible that ATV riders wouldn't have seen her while riding on this property. So they could still have been made the day the neighbors saw them (same day her body was discovered) and not have been at all related.

New here, but intrigued. A couple things. The brodie marks are in a figure 8. The sign for infinity. Gang related? Sounds like one of the guys in her life has a history of this. Definitely see the two issues on the surveillance video. At least twice, she looks over her right shoulder to the white pick-up truck. (four cars in on same row as her car) Someone has to be getting her attention. 15, 17 secs or so on the video. Also, early in the video, I can see a small car parked in the top row of the lot. Its' bumper is at a post. (4 cars in beside turquoise car) The window lowers when she is in their view. She appears to be walking very sheepishly. It's very noticeable when you rewind the video and you can see the window go up and down. I wish we could see more of the video, either beforehand, or more importantly, who followed out shortly after her... ALSO, watch the windshield of the silver four door truck right at the bottom of the screen. You can slightly see a reflection of a person on the sidewalk. It is still until she backs out and then you see it move? Maybe she wasn't looking to the direction of the white beat up truck, but someone on the sidewalk instead?

Welcome, grey!

I'm kind of confused myself as to why they released this video. They claim they have analyzed it since she first parked there and saw nothing out of the ordinary. (paraphrasing). I wonder if they are recruiting specific tips about a car in the lot but don't want to say so, or if releasing the video was an attempt at public appeasement.

I myself don't see anything significant about brodies being in a figure 8, it's fun to spin out in figure 8 patterns. But, who knows.

ETA- I wanted to add that we don't have any certain evidence that anyone in her life was related to gangs. It's an idea that was thrown out there based on her MS handle, but lots of teens in this area think that the "gangsta'" style is cool. Not lifestyle, but fashion and music. KWIM? If you are talking about JV, there is gossip in town related to that but I don't know. Everything about this kid that we can find for sure tells me he is on a successful path. Good grades, high GPA, attending college, no criminal record we can find, ect... but then again, what people do in secret and what they do in their open lives are sometimes very different. Not saying anything, but it seems this case could go anywhere.

Question: Why would the authorities be at Mackenzie's car as quickly as they got there? I thought a missing person her age wasn't missing until 24hrs gone. There were many police cars and LE with spotlights in the area of her car that night. They were knocking on nearby neighbors' doors asking for any info. Could they have been tipped off that something might happen to her before she went missing?

Question: Why would the authorities be at Mackenzie's car as quickly as they got there? I thought a missing person her age wasn't missing until 24hrs gone. There were many police cars and LE with spotlights in the area of her car that night. They were knocking on nearby neighbors' doors asking for any info. Could they have been tipped off that something might happen to her before she went missing?

That's a good question, and it's possible. They have stated that nothing suspicious was found in the car but have also stated that some forensics were done.

I myself think that there was nothing immediately suspicious in the car, because it was seen at 7, reported at 8, and the family was mobilized around 10PM. That kind of suggests to me that the cop came up to look at the car (or took down the info over the phone), was puzzled about it and then took his time tracing the registration and informing her dad. Understandable around here because I don't think a crime of this nature would immediately occur to LE. They probably just assumed it was broken down or something. If there was obvious evidence of foul play I think it would have been much more rushed. Once the family was contacted they probably freaked because this was so far out of the realm of normalcy, the phone was off, and that probably prompted the immediate search. Just speculation of course.

First and foremost let me give my heartfelt condoliances to the family and friends of Mackenzsie...
I am so sorry that the parent's are going through this pain.

Does anyone remember back a month of so ago there was there a woman her name was Lisa was found in a field face down near Bodry street??

In the paper it said that it a was a lot with a lot of weeds and some children found her?

Whatever happened to that? The last the paper said was that they believed she died of natural causes....

My question is what women goes to a field up on Bodry to die of natural causes??

I found it unsettling the moment I heard she was found and now this.....

I pray we find the killer or killers so that parent's can have some comfort and our town can rest easy once again...

First and foremost let me give my heartfelt condoliances to the family and friends of Mackenzsie...
I am so sorry that the parent's are going through this pain.

Does anyone remember back a month of so ago there was there a woman her name was Lisa was found in a field face down near Bodry street??

In the paper it said that it a was a lot with a lot of weeds and some children found her?

Whatever happened to that? The last the paper said was that they believed she died of natural causes....

My question is what women goes to a field up on Bodry to die of natural causes??

I found it unsettling the moment I heard she was found and now this.....

I pray we find the killer or killers so that parent's can have some comfort and our town can rest easy once again...

I'm not able to find a Bodry Street in the Wenatchee area on any maps. Do you know about where it is at?

I don't understand why there isn't any record on Mackenzie's cell phone of her communications with her killer, if indeed it was someone she knew/planned on meeting up with. I think I read Mackenzie was a huge texter. Wouldn't she have had to have called or texted whoever she was meeting up with?

If there are no clues on her phone then I'm definitely leading toward abduction/chance meeting with a predator. This second option is much more scary for all you Wenatchee residents and if this is the case then I understand the panic/hysteria going on in that town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member