Theories we have regarding Kyron's disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since TH has not been charged with anything, she should be allowed to have supervised visitation with her daughter, so her little girl can maintain a relationship with her mother. imo

But apparently that won't happen unless she goes to court and testifies and the so-called murder for hire will probably come in, which is almost impossible to refute...I think she is in a bit of a fix. If she is guilty, clearly she can't talk, and if she isn't, she can't "prove" it, and in a civil case, she almost has to be able to do so...

I've been away from this case for ages - trying to catch up a bit. Can't remember the name of TH's girl friend, the gardener. Is there any indication that she - the gardener friend - is being watched or has she made any recent remarks? Seems like her closeness with Terry might have some significance. Sorry if this has already been addressed. I'll go back to playing catch up. :)

DeDe Spicher is TH's friend ...

And no new developments regarding this case.

:(

Yep. And she was very quickly placed on a pedestal as being "the most loving mother evah" and I very quickly felt it was not going to be accepted for anyone to say anything negative about D, so I didn't.

Do I think she's involved in Kyron's disappearance? No, I don't.

Do I find it very interesting how quiet Tony is with regards to all things Kyron at this point in time? Yep. Knowing that Tony is a murder detective & knowing his personality (which is WAY more outgoing than Desiree's), I think it is telling that he's keeping quiet.

Do I think that Desiree wants to make sure people think she is a wonderful mother? Yep, I do. Does it matter what the truth was? Apparently not.

Do I think D is just as narcissistic and selfish as Terri? Yep, I do.

Part of the reason I don't think D had any problem letting someone else raise her boys (remember, she didn't have custody of either of her children ~ that really ought to make a person think, imo) is because she never appeared to like children. When my family moved next door, I had 6 kids. Then I got pregnant with #7. She NEVER acknowledged my children ~ never said hi to them, never showed any interest in them, and if they were outside while my husband and/or I were chatting with Tony, Desiree would beckon Tony to come inside rather than join in the conversation. She never asked about my pregnancy, which I realize is not a sin, but all the other neighbors asked when I was due, what I was having (boy/girl), etc. You know the usual idle chitchat that goes on between neighbors. The ONLY time Desiree interacted with any of my children was when she expected my oldest to babysit Kyron & her older son for the summer break when the boys would be visiting. And she didn't even ask my daughter to babysit... she had Tony ask my daughter & after my kid said she'd talk to her parents about it before committing to the job, Desiree showed up at our door that night with a list of what she expected my daughter to do. She was livid when my daughter took one look at the list and said, "No thanks, I don't want the job." It was like she couldn't believe anyone would tell her no. Also, as my oldest son just added, "Her own sons were more interested in hanging out with Tony than her."

Anyway.... I don't think she liked kids. I don't doubt she loves her boys, but it wasn't like she was always taking trips up to Portland to see either of them. Her priority was not Kyron. Her priority, as far as I could ever see, was herself. And that is why I have not been able to buy into the "poor Desiree not being able to take care of her little boy," angle. She was perfectly fine letting Kaine (who she did not have a good relationship with) & Terri raise her son. If she truly thought Terri was evil incarnate, then what does it say about her that she was willing to leave Kyron in her care?

Thank you for posting this joshiesmom. 7 children?! That is awesome! What a busy Mom you must be!

I agree with pdx it was very brave for you to share what you know with us :clap:

Since it's obvious that Desiree is quite upset with Kaine for "whatever" went on in that house. I've been wondering, that if Kyron is found alive, if she will fight for custody this time. I think she might have a case this time around.

Since it's obvious that Desiree is quite upset with Kaine for "whatever" went on in that house. I've been wondering, that if Kyron is found alive, if she will fight for custody this time. I think she might have a case this time around.

That, and the fact that Kyron went missing on Kaine's watch.

BBM. This is the primary reason that I stopped contributing to discussions about Kyron's disappearance here at WS. There are some issues concerning ALL of the parental units that just don't pass the "sniff" test with me, so I've refrained from posting about the case even though it's dear to me.

I'm glad you posted this because it deserves clarification.

When cases break, we try our best to protect the families who are suffering from the tragedies. That's the WS way of doing things. However, if we have a verified poster come on board, they are free to share what they know if they deem fit. In this case, I'm glad joshiesmom waited this long to share her information - long after our posters might have become overly upset. Joshiesmom was verified early on and was wise in the way she shared with all of us.

:grouphug:

Kimster, although I don't post here often, I do read the comments whenever I have time. While I definitely understand Josiesmom's right to post what she wants, I don't feel that it is appropriate at all that she posted what she did regarding Kyron's mother, Desiree Young. Regardless of Desiree's past, she is the mother of a missing child. Desiree is not and has never been the focus of the criminal investigation into Kyron's disappearance. That said, I feel that it is in extremely bad taste for someone--at any point in this investigation--to come on a forum and make such statements regarding whether or not Desiree Young likes children. She claims to be a neighbor of Desiree and Tony Young, she gives second-hand information that she claims came from her teenage children, and even uses Desiree's lack of interest in her own pregnancy as a valid reason for her obvious personal dislike of Desiree Young. For what it's worth, I have four children ranging in age from two years to fifteen years old, I have lived in the same home for seven years, and I don't interact with my neighbors much. My next door neighbor has been pregnant three times in the seven years my family have lived here (in Portland, Oregon), she looks about ready to have her child any day now, and I have spoken to the woman a grand total of one time. Does that mean that I don't like children? I love children, especially my own. Have I ever lost custody of any of my four children? No. I am just a very private person--that's all. It doesn't sound like--from her story--that Josiesmom really even knows Desiree Young personally. Not only that, Kaine even confirmed in an interview in November of 2010--after Desiree's statements regarding Kyron wanting to live with her and Tony--that Desiree had in fact expressed concern (in so many words) and asked for Kyron to come and live with her and Tony. Does somebody out there have the link? If you do, would you kindly post it? Anyway, these are just my own opinions. I just don't feel that it is appropriate to bash the mother of a missing child. Unless it is factually proven otherwise, I am going to believe Desiree's statements that she had a severe medical condition and felt that Kyron (at the time) would be better staying with Kaine when he was two years old. Anything else, in my opinion, is just gossip. Thank you.

Kimster, although I don't post here often, I do read the comments whenever I have time. While I definitely understand Josiesmom's right to post what she wants, I don't feel that it is appropriate at all that she posted what she did regarding Kyron's mother, Desiree Young. Regardless of Desiree's past, she is the mother of a missing child. Desiree is not and has never been the focus of the criminal investigation into Kyron's disappearance. That said, I feel that it is in extremely bad taste for someone--at any point in this investigation--to come on a forum and make such statements regarding whether or not Desiree Young likes children. She claims to be a neighbor of Desiree and Tony Young, she gives second-hand information that she claims came from her teenage children, and even uses Desiree's lack of interest in her own pregnancy as a valid reason for her obvious personal dislike of Desiree Young. For what it's worth, I have four children ranging in age from two years to fifteen years old, I have lived in the same home for seven years, and I don't interact with my neighbors much. My next door neighbor has been pregnant three times in the seven years my family have lived here (in Portland, Oregon), she looks about ready to have her child any day now, and I have spoken to the woman a grand total of one time. Does that mean that I don't like children? I love children, especially my own. Have I ever lost custody of any of my four children? No. I am just a very private person--that's all. It doesn't sound like--from her story--that Josiesmom really even knows Desiree Young personally. Not only that, Kaine even confirmed in an interview in November of 2010--after Desiree's statements regarding Kyron wanting to live with her and Tony--that Desiree had in fact expressed concern (in so many words) and asked for Kyron to come and live with her and Tony. Does somebody out there have the link? If you do, would you kindly post it? Anyway, these are just my own opinions. I just don't feel that it is appropriate to bash the mother of a missing child. Unless it is factually proven otherwise, I am going to believe Desiree's statements that she had a severe medical condition and felt that Kyron (at the time) would be better staying with Kaine when he was two years old. Anything else, in my opinion, is just gossip. Thank you.

And thank you for not being afraid to share how you feel about the information as well.

Recently, some members (in other cases) have expressed concern that they are not allowed to voice their opposing opinions to situations. That is not what WS wants to accomplish at all. While it was inappropriate perhaps to criticize Desiree's parenting when we don't even know her is one thing, but if someone knows her and wants to post what they've observed that is another and will stand. On the same token, other members ARE allowed to express what you've expressed, as long as it isn't bashing or name calling or the like. Your opinion was also expressed well and I thank you for that too.

I don't know Desiree nor have I ever seen her. Since I do not have first hand information about her, I won't post what I think unless it is positive and would expect the same from all our members. That's what I was trying to say. But those who are verified as having first hand information are allowed more leeway. That's why they are verified and all of this is explained to them during the verification process.

I will say this, no matter what Desiree did or didn't do before Kyron went missing, she doesn't deserve this hell at all. I think we all can agree on that one. :hug:

Thanks for expressing your opinion. I did live next door to Desiree. Whether or not you are friendly with your neighbors is immaterial here. In our neighborhood, neighbors DO interact, so Desiree's lack of interaction was very noticeable. Tony took my son fishing on his boat. My daughter took care of Ernie, Tony's dog (not Kyron's, as the media said. Another tidbit they got wrong), multiple times when he & D would go on vacation. We were not just neighbors who would nod in passing. Do you ever wonder why Desiree gave up custody of her older son or why she thought it was better for him to stay with a different person than herself? I never said that she didn't have a health issue that contributed to Kaine taking care of Kyron, but what was the reason she gave her oldest son to her other ex-husband to take care of?

Please don't try to paint me as a gossip who doesn't know what she's talking about or someone who disliked Desiree because she didn't acknowledge my pregnancy. That's silly. Granted, I can see how my comment could be perceived as me being a petty person who was upset that one of my neighbors didn't acknowledge my pregnancy. That wasn't how it was, but it's my fault for using that as an example. Also, I didn't take second-hand information from my teenager ~ he merely reminded me of how D's boys interacted more with Tony (who was not married to D at the time) than their mother, but I did see that for myself.

I shared some of my opinions, which are based off what I know. I opted to not share more than I did, and I opted to not say a word until someone said they couldn't reconcile a mother being willing to walk away from their child (referring to Terri not having contact with baby K). I said (in my original post pertaining to this) that I could reconcile it by understanding that not every mother really likes being a mom and wants to be with their kids 24/7 & I pointed out that Desiree struck me as that kind of person. I gave some innocuous examples because I don't believe I need to share details that would really paint D in a bad light. I'm sorry my examples struck you as mean-spirited. I wasn't trying to bash Desiree; I was trying to explain why I personally do not feel her depiction in the media is a completely-accurate one and why I have the opinion that she didn't like kids much. Perhaps I did not do a good job of that, but I was trying to walk a line between backing up my opinion and not doing a tell-all on this messageboard. My goal wasn't to bash a hurting mother. It was to explain my opinion regarding theories that were being discussed. As Kimster said, I think we all agree that Desiree has been in hell since Kyron went missing and I truly do feel sad for her about that.

At the end of the day, you can choose to believe what I've shared or you can decide I'm full of hot air. It doesn't change the truth of what I've written. I stand by my opinion & what I observed & experienced as her neighbor.

I believe you joshiesmom, there are some of us who for over a year have expressed these sentiments quietly amongst ourselves....things are not always what they seem, are they?

Thank you for sharing ...

I'm glad you posted this because it deserves clarification.

When cases break, we try our best to protect the families who are suffering from the tragedies. That's the WS way of doing things. However, if we have a verified poster come on board, they are free to share what they know if they deem fit. In this case, I'm glad joshiesmom waited this long to share her information - long after our posters might have become overly upset. Joshiesmom was verified early on and was wise in the way she shared with all of us.

:grouphug:

Thank You so much, Kimster, for this explanation and clarification ...

And Thank You so much Joshiesmom for sharing ...

MOO ... I do not like to even "type" this ... but I have always felt there was "something not quite right" amongst the parents and step-parents of Kyron ... but the MOST IMPORTANT thing is finding Kyron ! MOO ...

I don't want to "speculate" right now because I am still re-reading many of the old threads here. I wish I had found WS when Kyron first went missing back in June of 2010, but I found WS when I was researching Kyron's case around November.

So ... I have been reading many of the posts from early on this case and re-reading threads trying to figure things out ... and I must say, the early reporting here was great ! :great:

This case really "gets to me" ! :banghead:

I just want to see Kyron found and brought home !

MOO ...

I am not a big fan of Terri, and have no idea if she is guilty or not, but I am not understanding how she is supposed to go about trying to see her child, when Kaine has LE on his side, indicating that she is the focus of a major criminal investigation, even though they refuse to call her a suspect. Apparently there is no real way she can "clear" herself; she did speak to LE without an attorney for 3 weeks in June 2010 and might still be doing so, if not for the sting, which seemingly went nowhere. As long as LE is not removing the focus from her, she does not have a chance in court against Kaine, and no way to support a child, in any event. I just don't believe that Terri not figthing right now to see the baby=automatic guilt. JMO

I have always thought that the tunnel vision LE developed was due a bit to DY and KH's insistence on Terri being the culprit. DY started the ball rolling with announcements of Terri's guilt on national TV and KH quickly followed her lead to aid in his RO. Not wanting to say bad things about the parents but the media turned then into something that was questionable IMO. The sting which was poorly put together IMO was something LE cooked up that backfired and none of this helped little Kyron to be found. As for tony being quiet, my SIL is LE and he is the same way. Always quiet so I can speculate that it goes with the job. After seeing hardened criminals they seem too develop a background and listen approach.

IMO, when a child goes missing, and we have NOT been told by LE that a person close to that child has been cleared, then that person(s) is suspect. LE's silence is deafening in this case. They could clear up a whole bunch of this cyber bickering, they could even clear up things between Kyron's own family members, but they choose not to. I can see only one reason for that and it's because they are still unsure of what has happened to Kyron.

Over a year later and we are all still asking the same ol' questions, over and over and over. Where in the world are you Kyron?

Knock it off in here. Kimster allowed the post by Joshiesmom. You can choose to agree or disagree. But you will be civil and you will not personally attack or distort words.

Disagree with the post not the poster and do not personalize posts.

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to figure out what the purpose of bringing into question DYs past as a parent, the choices she may have made.
I also haven't read all that much in MSM about her role as a parent before Kyron's disappearance. The way I've seen her portrayed is as a devastated, grieving mother after her child has gone missing. Regardless of how things were before, I have absolutely no doubt that she is exactly that - struggling to make it through every day, questioning many of the choices she's made in the past. If she's made mistakes in the past, especially concerning Kyron, it could only possibly increase her devastating guilt, and cause her to feel so much worse now that he's gone.

Take as an example the "tidbit they got wrong" - "Kyron's dog" actually being Tony's dog - We have two dogs in our household. My son did not purchase either of them, so they could not be considered "his." He's also not the one who feeds them, takes them to the vet, takes them to the dog park etc. But, if you ask him, he'll tell you in no uncertain terms that they are "his" dogs. Maybe Kyron didn't like the dog. Maybe he even was scared of the dog, who knows. But, what kind of human interest would that generate if reported by MSM? However... if they report about a little boy, taken away from even his dog, perhaps a few more people might just be touched by the story. Perhaps they might shed a tear at the thought of this little boy away from his dog, and think to themselves "How sad!" and take a second look at the picture of the little boy - and REMEMBER that little boy just that little bit better.
So perhaps this tidbit was not something that they got wrong - but yet another attempt to make this missing child memorable.

Perhaps many of the facts that you believe have been misconstrued by MSM are similar - an attempt to generate human interest, increase the emotional attachment of readers and viewers. Not a bad thing, in my opinion.

I understand that you clearly didn't like Kyron's mother much, joshiesmom, and I certainly respect your right to feel that way. Nor do I feel that you are in anyway being untruthful. But, why bring up these facts from the past? What purpose does it serve in bringing Kyron home? I think Kyron's mother showing up as she does, desperately pleading for information about her precious son, appearing every bit the inconsolable mother she should be, does serve a good purpose - it keeps her little boy in the spotlight, it keeps people thinking about him, remembering him, caring and loving him and his family, and hopefully it might one day help someone to come forward with more information.

I would suggest that all of you who wish to continue in this line of posting go to TOS and read once again.

You may disagree with the post. You may state why you disagree with the post. You may not insult another poster. You may not sleuth another poster or out another poster. You are allowed to state you disagree but you may not be snarky or rude in your disagreement.

I'm pretty sure joshie's mom was trying to make a point, a simple one actually, i.e., we should not believe everything we read (perhaps not even joshie's mom's post LOL). We should not assume that all things are exactly as the media has portrayed them. We should and LE should ALL be keeping an open mind and be looking for a little boy. You know, LEAVE NO STONE UNTURNED. None. I believe her response was in regard to media statements such as this one:

Desiree Young, Kyron's mother, likes to remind folks that her boy has strong ties to Medford, even though most of the media coverage has focused on the Portland area.

"He spent as much time (in Medford) as Portland," Young said from her west Medford home. "Which is why I believe it's important to get the word out down here."

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110326/NEWS/103260303

joshie's mom seems to dispute this statement. The way I understand her post, she too believes that Desiree indeed loves her children and is of course devastated that Kyron is missing. She is not "picking" on Desiree, as much as she is picking on the media's portrayal of Desiree. IMO

I'm pretty sure joshie's mom was trying to make a point, a simple one actually, i.e., we should not believe everything we read (perhaps not even joshie's mom's post LOL). We should not assume that all things are exactly as the media has portrayed them. We should and LE should ALL be keeping an open mind and be looking for a little boy. You know, LEAVE NO STONE UNTURNED. None. I believe her response was in regard to media statements such as this one:

Desiree Young, Kyron's mother, likes to remind folks that her boy has strong ties to Medford, even though most of the media coverage has focused on the Portland area.

"He spent as much time (in Medford) as Portland," Young said from her west Medford home. "Which is why I believe it's important to get the word out down here."

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110326/NEWS/103260303

joshie's mom seems to dispute this statement. The way I understand her post, she too believes that Desiree indeed loves her children and is of course devastated that Kyron is missing. She is not "picking" on Desiree, as much as she is picking on the media's portrayal of Desiree. IMO

I read her post this way too BL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member