Maricopa Jane Doe Thread #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not believe a word Alonzo or Lindsey have said to police. They know what happened and I am sure they know who MJD is also. It's strange that all of a sudden Robin says she thinks her name was Dawn or Donna. That name would be more believable because of the initials on the ring. She doesn't sound too credible either Of course any of the people in that kind of life style are questionable to say the least.

I agree with you. I can't believe LE cleared AF and LDJ. Their statements were so transparent and didn't make a lick of sense to me, so I have a hard time believing LE actually believed them! If I was a gambler, I'd bet the farm that they knew her name. At the very least, they knew her first name or her street name. My logic behind this is if she told RA/RW her name, then she must have told AF and/or LDJ...

I tend to believe RA/RW, but think her recollection may be a bit muddled. If she is/was a drinker or on drugs, her recollection could be even more muddled. I'm hoping she is telling the truth, but I do find it strange that she went from Cory/Carla to Dawn/Donna.........

I know exactly what you mean, I was an Air force brat. Every time I get ticked, I sound like I am from the Bronx. When I am extremely happy, I tend to have a southern drawl. I have tried really hard to lose my accents, but depending on my mood I just "slip" into whatever accent. It totally rots sometimes cuz I am always get asked "where are you from?" :banghead:

That's funny. I guess I have the "classic" Chicago accent... lmao. I always get "Are you from Chicago?" :crazy::crazy:

DA BEARSSSSS! ;)

So, I guess unless she had a foreign accent, we shouldn't focus too much on this point, huh? And if Robin thought she was from Kansas, it probably wasn't foreign. Then again, I suppose that depends on your feelings about Kansas! :crazy:

LMAO! I guess you guys are right... The interpretation of someone's accent seems to be perceived differently by different people.

I usually just lurk here, but I've read every post in every thread in this case. It is so hard to fathom that this girl has been unidentified for so long. I graduated from high school in 98 and often compare what may have been going on in her life with mine.

I am constantly amazed at the dedication and guts of the posters on this case in particular.

I believe that MJD was probably on the older end of the age scale. I know she is probably swollen and doesn't look exactly like "herself" in the hospital and morgue pics, but she just seems so much older than 15 to me.

There are a lot of things I'd like to believe, such as that she was just getting into life on the streets and hadn't endured very much hardship before her death, that her family is still hoping she's alive and will come back to them someday- its too hard to believe no one would care if she was dead. Of course, I would not wish the heartbreak of losing a loved one on anyone.

I also believe that LDJ and Alonzo where not telling the truth. They had all that time on the road after she jumped/was pushed out (I believe pushed) to come up with a story. They knew they were going to get caught, there were other vehicles around them.

Hi! I graduated in 1998 too! :) I do the same thing with the comparisons. I look back at my teenage years and am shocked that I wasn't murdered and left in a ditch somewhere. Man, my friends and I were just too damn trusting... and we grew up in a big city. :slap:

Ronnie Phelps is the Mojave connection.....

I found many addresses for a Ronnie Phelps in Lake Havasu, AZ...

Name: Ronnie Phelps
Spouse: Dawn (Is this a coincidence?!)
City: Lake Havasu City
State: Arizona

This is in Mojave County......

Weeeeird..

If you search their marriage record and look at the dates on it, and they suspiciously correlate with MJD's time alive.. then I will crap myself. :eek:
I am praying that RA told the cops Carla/Corey at first because that was her street name.. and I hope that maybe she remembered Dawn/Donna as her real name..

Send us down a clue today, baby :gold_star:

IIRC, Cory/Carla was given as a street name, but she later gave Dawn/Donna as a possible real name.

I tend to believe RA/RW, but think her recollection may be a bit muddled. If she is/was a drinker or on drugs, her recollection could be even more muddled. I'm hoping she is telling the truth, but I do find it strange that she went from Cory/Carla to Dawn/Donna.........

Zabasearch gives matching addresses for Dawn and Ronnie and shows that Dawn was born in October 1965, meaning

a. she is very probably still alive; and
b. even if she is not, she is too old to be MJD.

Good find though.

Zabasearch gives matching addresses for Dawn and Ronnie and shows that Dawn was born in October 1965, meaning

Good find though.

Aww. Good try.

Hi! I graduated in 1998 too! :) I do the same thing with the comparisons. I look back at my teenage years and am shocked that I wasn't murdered and left in a ditch somewhere. Man, my friends and I were just too damn trusting... and we grew up in a big city. :slap:

I grew up on a farm outside a small community near the Twin Cities. I, too, trusted everyone unless they gave me a reason not to. I personally think MJD was probably the same way, if she just got into a car with strangers as LDJ claims- didnt even know her name. (I think they know MUCH more than they told LE.)

I lived in Jersey for three years, and now KC. Depending on where I am, my accent changes. :rolleyes:

well here he is with his smug smile....I FOUND his PICTURE now dangit why can't we get the other twos....

Also his address with I havent looked up on a map yet......

But here ya go....

He is on the Arizona Sex Offender Registry, for what else but sexual conduct with a minor AND CHILD PROSTITUTION.....

http://az.gov/webapp/offender/offender.do?id=043700

I believe that Lindsey and Alonzo know more than they say they do. When I am in the presence of new ppl, I get nervous and chatter non-stop. MJD sounded really nervous talking about her "boyfriend", so she more than likely talked her head off.

I've been a lurker on this site for awhile now and signed up specifically to try and help in this case.

I lived in the Phoenix area off and on for 16 years. I know the area for which MJD was picked up is especially seedy, and I can't tell you the number of times I was propositioned there when I'd stop to get items before or after a Suns game. So, those who came up with the idea that she could have been a lady of the street seem accurate.

Whatever the case is, the sooner this poor girl gets a name, the more content I'm going to feel.

Welcome Green Hornet. Glad to have you here.

:Welcome-12-june:

Shaine and both truck drivers stated that Alonzo was driving the car.

Not really. They used "he" in their desription of the driver, which could have been just a generic descriptor - neither actually said they saw who was driving.

But on the front sheet of the police report I did see they listed Alonzo as "suspect/driver". The car seat just seemed so close up for someone 5'11", and the passenger seat being farther back. Oh well...was just an idea... :bang:

Good find though.

You're right. I find a Ronnie Phelps living in Lake Havasu, AZ with a middle name of David. I don't think he is "the" Ronnie Phelps.

I was thinking LDJ just had the passenger seat pushed all the way back just for more leg room and comfort. I'm only 5'3, but I do that all the time when I'm not driving.

Not really. They used "he" in their desription of the driver, which could have been just a generic descriptor - neither actually said they saw who was driving.

But on the front sheet of the police report I did see they listed Alonzo as "suspect/driver". The car seat just seemed so close up for someone 5'11", and the passenger seat being farther back. Oh well...was just an idea... :bang:

Sure Vask, and I'm an inch or two over 5'11" but I don't sit with my arms and legs wrapped around the steering wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419