GUILTY VA - Andrea Crew, 31, Fairfax, 8 Aug 2013

CatFancier

Former Member
Reaction score
Police Search for Woman Missing from Gila Court

080913andreacrew-272x300.jpg

http://www.alexandria.daily-monitor.com/police-search-for-woman-missing-from-gila-court/20275

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/news-releases/2013/080913missingwoman.htm

Mount Vernon Police District - Detectives are searching for information leading to the whereabouts of a missing 31-year-old mother of two from the Alexandria section of Fairfax County.

Andrea Crew, of the 8000 block of Gila Court, was reported missing on Thursday, August 8. She was last seen near a bank in the 5500 block of Cherokee Avenue, in the Alexandria area, on August 7 at approximately 11 a.m. She was seen getting out of beige Jeep Cherokee at that location. She has not contacted her family nor returned home.

Based upon the totality of the investigation, authorities are concerned for her safety. Neither police, family, nor friends have heard from Crew.

Anyone with information should contact Detective Chris Flanagan of the Fairfax County Police Department 703-246-7860 or call Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477, e-mail at www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES/274637 or call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.

080913andreacrew.jpg

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/news-releases/2013/080913missingwoman.htm

Fairfax County Police Department
Public Information Office
4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030
703-246-2253. TTY 703-204-2264. Fax 703-246-4253
FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov
www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police
News Release:13/0161/221/LHC(2)
August 9, 2013

Police Seek Missing Woman

Mount Vernon Police District - Detectives are searching for information leading to the whereabouts of a missing 31-year-old mother of two from the Alexandria section of Fairfax County.

Andrea Crew, of the 8000 block of Gila Court, was reported missing on Thursday, August 8. She was last seen near a bank in the 5500 block of Cherokee Avenue, in the Alexandria area, on August 7 at approximately 11 a.m. She was seen getting out of beige Jeep Cherokee at that location. She has not contacted her family nor returned home.

Based upon the totality of the investigation, authorities are concerned for her safety. Neither police, family, nor friends have heard from Crew.

Anyone with information should contact Detective Chris Flanagan of the Fairfax County Police Department 703-246-7860 or call Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477, e-mail at www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES/274637 or call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.

Aw her two little girls are so cute -- my heart goes out to her family :(

From the reports she was seem getting out of her car at a bank and not seen since- strange. If it was a bank related abduction you would think the ATM/ bank cameras would have caught something. If someone robbed her of her withdrawal they most likely would have grabbed the $ and run. Without her car it is quite a walk to the river, and no real super easy direct route. What does that leave? I wonder if she met someone there? I wonder if she worked somewhere around there?

Yeah have they found the car? If not why didn't they release the plate numbers? The whole thing is very, very vague.

I do wonder what the information the authorities gathered that makes them concerned for her safety. I was assuming from the wording that she was last seen getting out of the Jeep meant that the Jeep was still there- but in no article or press release does it mention if they have the Jeep.

Jen did you post this on fairfaxunderground by any chance?

Jen did you post this on fairfaxunderground by any chance?

No- I saw it there and was wondering if you did! The two posts there were by different people, and I am surprised that no one of her family/ friends seem to be speaking out at all or posting on facebook about her being missing. I wonder if that may indicate that the info police have makes them assume she may have been suicidal or that they may believe she met up with someone, although her cute pictures with the kids would make me think she would not walk away from those babies

Oh Lord Jesus, not another missing person here in Virginia. Has anyone seen anything about another teenager missing this past week? His name is Josh Wamsley...there is no thread started for him here on WS that I can find.

There's also a young girl from.... I think maybe Chesterfield missing. I'll have to go look to verify. I'm in VA also, there's too much going on right now, this is unusual.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Don't know if there is any connection, but she lives right by Ft. Belvior. I didn't see any photos of people in uniform on her FB, but it is pretty common for military folks to marry women from other countries (she is from Columbia). Also found that she teaches Spanish for Rosetta stone and work at a Parent Liaison for Fairfax County Schools.

Oh Lord Jesus, not another missing person here in Virginia. Has anyone seen anything about another teenager missing this past week? His name is Josh Wamsley...there is no thread started for him here on WS that I can find.

If there isn't one definitely start one! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back