Resolved MN - Minneapolis, Miss River @10th Ave Bridge, BlkMale 40-50, UP762, fanny pack, Sz 12W shoes Feb'00 - namus removed

tamar

Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 1836DMTX
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1836dmtx.html

Dixon, circa 1997

Jimmy Charles Dixon
Missing since June 22, 1997 from Marshall, Harrison County, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: March 21, 1950
Age at Time of Disappearance: 47 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'6"; 163 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black male. Brown hair; brown eyes. He has an enlarged joint on ring finger of right hand.
Clothing: Red t-shirt, bibbed overalls, maroon baseball cap and only one (1) high-top basketball type tennis shoe.
Medical: He suffers from seizures and has been known to use both alcohol and drugs in the past.
AKA: Slim

Circumstances of Disappearance
Dixon was last seen at the Oak Haven Recovery Center in the vicinity of Hwy 154 and Daniels Road in Marshall, Texas on June 22, 1997.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Harrison County Sheriff's Department
903-660-3345
903-923-4001
or
Texas Department of Public Safety
1-800-346-3243

HCSO Case Number: 97-17877
TXDPS Case Number: M9810005

NCIC Number: M-156513229
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Texas Department of Public Safety
National Center for Missing Adults

The Doe Network:
Case File 1249UMMN
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1249ummn.html

Sketch of Victim

Unidentified Black Male

The victim was discovered on February 29, 2000 in Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 40-50 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 6'3-6'5"; 201 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; brown eyes. Mustache. Nonspecific scars on the knees.
Clothing: Blue "Kenyon", insulated underwear bottoms. Gray socks with red tops. Black, "Western Pack" hip pouch. Black, "Rockport Pro Walkers", size 12W.

Case History
The victim was found floating in the Mississippi River, north of the 10th Avenue Bridge. The man had no apparent injuries. The medical examiner's office ruled that he had drowned. But investigators do not know how long the body was in the river, let alone where it entered the water.
The one clue investigators did find, a piece of paper with a telephone number found inside a fanny pack, proved fruitless. The person at that number could think of no one missing.
His description was compared to local missing persons reports. An artist's sketch was made and shown on local media. Minneapolis police took the man's fingerprints and compared them with its database. Because the body's decaying state prevented officers from getting a complete set of 10 fingerprints, a national database could not be used.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office
Owen Middleton
612-215-6300
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
2000-0565

NCIC Number:
U-00550612
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
UDRS
St. Paul Pioneer Press

Attachments

• JCDixon.jpg
    JCDixon.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 22
  • 1249UMMN.jpg
    1249UMMN.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 22
They have some similarities and the pictures look like they could be a match, if the missing person gained a lot of weight before he became an UID. But the circumstances of his disappearance do not seem to match. If he suffered from seizures and substance abuse problems and vanished from a Recovery Center (did he live there or just pass by it?) wearing only one shoe it sounds like he was not in a very good state of mind and might have gotten in trouble much closer to home.

Donjeta,

I am quickly realizing that 'what seems likely' isn't easily applied to the homeless, the mentally ill, or the addicted.

At 6'5"-6'6", 163-200 lbs is considered slim. If Jimmy disappeared after treatment he may have gained some much needed weight during/after recovery? He may have left the area to get away from his associates/friends/fellow addicts in the hope of getting better?

Jimmy and this UID are both very tall and the timing is close enough to be noted.

Maybe. Worth the check. I just feel that if he was about to run away from all his bad influences in order to get better, he'd have taken both shoes.

Maybe. Worth the check. I just feel that if he was about to run away from all his bad influences in order to get better, he'd have taken both shoes.

Not necessarily! He could've had an in-grown toenail on the foot that had no shoe.... Could it be that, the person(s) reporting Jimmy as last seen, didn't describe his footwear at all, but that info was surmised because Jimmy left the one shoe behind? If this is Jimmy, he was wearing good shoes, Rockports rock in my book....

Tamar; I believe you should submit these two...Good find!!

Not necessarily! He could've had an in-grown toenail on the foot that had no shoe.... Could it be that, the person(s) reporting Jimmy as last seen, didn't describe his footwear at all, but that info was surmised because Jimmy left the one shoe behind? If this is Jimmy, he was wearing good shoes, Rockports rock in my book....

Tamar; I believe you should submit these two...Good find!!

It's possible. I wonder about the enlarged finger joint. Why would a joint be enlarged? Could it be treatable or did Jimmy have it as a stable condition? It's not mentioned in the UID information but it might have gone unnoticed because of the decomposition or the weight gain, I suppose.

This is the email I received from the Hennipin Co. Med Examiner:

Currently they are extracting DNA and putting that information into the CODIS system so I will give them this name provided he has a known sampleprovided by his relatives for that system. I'll work with the Harrison Co. Sheriff and let you know.

***Roberta J. Geiselhart, Supervisor of Investigations , BSN, F-ABMDIHennepin Co. Medical Examiner's Office

Received this today:

Hi Tamar

You sent an email to Dr. Owen Middleton indicating that one of our unidentified's appeared to be possibly Jimmy Charles Dixon. I had the DNA compared....unfortunately, no match. Please keep trying to help us and I really appreciate your efforts! Somebody has to missing a relative!

Roberta J. Geiselhart, Supervisor of Investigations , BSN, F-ABMDI
Hennepin Co. Medical Examiner's Office
530 Chicago Avenue Mpls, MN 55415
612-215-6348 fax 612-215-6340
Mail Code L870
roberta.geiselhart@co.hennepin.mn.us

R/Os

Nathan Seaberry
Clarence Weaver
Everett Thompson
Jonathan Williams
William Robinson
Tommie Woods
Elmon Davidson
Allen Jones
Jimmy Davis
Bennie Washington Jr.
William Delk
William Hamilton
William Crawford
Richard Dyer

The NamUs page for this doe has been removed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back