SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
JJohnson.jpg

Missing since March 1, 1991 from Kokomo, Howard County, Indiana
Classification: Involuntary

Johnson was last seen at her residence in Howard County, Indiana on March 1, 1991. She took her four children to a movie, drove them home to the Kokomo Regency Trailer Court, space 250, put them to bed and disappeared.

Her light blue Citation was found, locked and in working order, abandoned on Route 22 the following day (March 2, 1991), approximately three miles from her home.

Authorities suspect that foul play was involved in Johnson's disappearance.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/354dfin.html

Charley Project - http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/johnson_julie.html

NamUs - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10654/5/

i am guessing if they suspect hall they have verified that julie isnt any of the jane does they found and connected to him?

what a monster hall is :/

so crazy to see this here! this is a town i live in and it's well known who the 'suspect' is. every year we see the case in the kokomo tribune.

I think only she and Kelly Armstrong are our two cold cases.

i can pretty much answer any questions regarding this - awhile back I sent in all my personal information to verify that i knew Kelly - and where I live.

I really do not think this case will ever be solved.

Astokitty, if the town has a suspect why has there been no investigation or arrest? Has there been any evidence that would tie this suspect to Donna's disappearance? 3 children left without their mother so sad. Thanks for helping us on thread.

so crazy to see this here! this is a town i live in and it's well known who the 'suspect' is. every year we see the case in the kokomo tribune.

I think only she and Kelly Armstrong are our two cold cases.

i can pretty much answer any questions regarding this - awhile back I sent in all my personal information to verify that i knew Kelly - and where I live.

I really do not think this case will ever be solved.

i know we cant name names if people aren't deemed POIs, but can you confirm if she was married at the time?

did she usually leave the kids alone?

Confirmed (my mom was her best friend and worked together at Delco (GM) -) Obv his last IS Johnson.
Mom just said:

"She just disappeared, left the kids - she didn't do that - ever. She was a dedicated mother. They were going through a divorce. H & B Dalton (her parents) were close to my mom". The husband was super quiet and they lived in a trailer. Her parents suspected he had something to do with it.

I"m sitting at moms house now getting the details. Sorry I can't use all everyone's names. I'm trying to make this make sense.

i know we cant name names if people aren't deemed POIs, but can you confirm if she was married at the time?

did she usually leave the kids alone?

They were going through a divorce or at least talking about it. Her kids are my age - we grew up together, but I have really faint memories of them.

She never left her kids - EVER.

My mom just said what people suspected he did but I don't feel too good posting that here.

Astokitty, if the town has a suspect why has there been no investigation or arrest? Has there been any evidence that would tie this suspect to Donna's disappearance? 3 children left without their mother so sad. Thanks for helping us on thread.

Let me just tell you ALL ABOUT Kpd. I called about Kelly's death. (armstrong). Travis said he killed her and lied about where he put her body (a landfill) yet the people that "Helped" him told everyone where she really is. I told the detective, he took my social security # and the entire nine and shrugged me off. They sincerely do not care. DO NOT CARE.

Julie went missing and it was a huge deal. Her husband worked in a factory (sorry, I wasn't clear in the other - I don't think she did) - and everyone talks there. He was absent during some time she was unaccounted for and I remember everyone talking about her being tied up under the trailer till LE left and then he disposed of her.

I know that K-town seems like a podunk town but it's high on crime with heroin and other things. there's a lot of crime here and much of it is just a big ole shrug. I do not think Julie's death will ever be solved and I feel so bad for her kids.

According to NamUs, there is no DNA on file. Is it possible her children can submit a sample to submit?

According to NamUs, there is no DNA on file. Is it possible her children can submit a sample to submit?

I'm sure if they were asked they'd gladly do it. I don't know if her parents are still alive (she also had siblings) - I'd have to ask my mother. Really strange that there isn't DNA on file because this case is no where near forgotten around Kokomo. People talk about it and every year on the anniv there is an article in one of the 3 newspapers here.

I'm Julie Johnson's nephew (I'm not sure the best way to prove it, but I'll do whatever is requested.). I sent in the spotlight request a little while back. I nearly forgot about this once college started back up.

Julie disappeared just two months before I was born. I never met her, but it clearly has affected my grandparents and my mother, so I want to do what I can for them. I haven't been looking into this for very long though. About a month ago, I sent the Howard County Sheriff's Department an e-mail about the case (and if Larry Hall was ever looked at, though they probably wouldn't reveal that), but they never responded. He's recently revealed the location of a few bodies and reported shown remorse. I thought about asking him directly, but it just doesn't seem like a good idea. I have the address to the correctional facility on my whiteboard anyway.

I can confirm that Julie's parents are alive and recently moved back to Indiana. They live very close to Kokomo. I recently spoke to my mother about submitting DNA and she said she'd speak to them. I haven't brought it up much because I'm afraid of opening up something that might not get closure.

No one on my side of the family has heard from Julie's husband or their kids since the disappearance. Her husband blames us, we blame him. I've heard talk of trying to get in contact with the kids, but it always fails. We only know bits and pieces of their lives.

If anyone has any questions, I'd be glad to try and answer them. I can call my parents and ask them what they remember too.

I'm Julie Johnson's nephew (I'm not sure the best way to prove it, but I'll do whatever is requested.). I sent in the spotlight request a little while back. I nearly forgot about this once college started back up.

Julie disappeared just two months before I was born. I never met her, but it clearly has affected my grandparents and my mother, so I want to do what I can for them. I haven't been looking into this for very long though. About a month ago, I sent the Howard County Sheriff's Department an e-mail about the case (and if Larry Hall was ever looked at, though they probably wouldn't reveal that), but they never responded. He's recently revealed the location of a few bodies and reported shown remorse. I thought about asking him directly, but it just doesn't seem like a good idea. I have the address to the correctional facility on my whiteboard anyway.

I can confirm that Julie's parents are alive and recently moved back to Indiana. They live very close to Kokomo. I recently spoke to my mother about submitting DNA and she said she'd speak to them. I haven't brought it up much because I'm afraid of opening up something that might not get closure.

No one on my side of the family has heard from Julie's husband or their kids since the disappearance. Her husband blames us, we blame him. I've heard talk of trying to get in contact with the kids, but it always fails. We only know bits and pieces of their lives.

If anyone has any questions, I'd be glad to try and answer them. I can call my parents and ask them what they remember too.

My sympathies to your family.

I sincerely hope you find her and can lay her to rest properly one day.

:rose:
Julie

Just got off the phone with my mom. She's going to talk to H and B Dalton to see if they want to give DNA samples. I imagine they're going to be made aware of this thread.

She also reminded me that the police found Julie's purse, car keys and some of her clothes in her husband's van. My dad told me the same thing a while ago except they were in a locked box inside the van.

I can't imagine how he wasn't charged if that's accurate.

Both of my grandparents and my mom have agreed to send DNA in.

I also found a way to get in touch with a now retired officer who worked the case. Does anyone think it's worth contacting him? If so what would be the best thing to say? I'm looking for any kind of new information I can get.

I had heard that they didn't have a search warrant when they searched the van. So, they coulndn't use the evidence.

Both of my grandparents and my mom have agreed to send DNA in.

I also found a way to get in touch with a now retired officer who worked the case. Does anyone think it's worth contacting him? If so what would be the best thing to say? I'm looking for any kind of new information I can get.

I don't think it will hurt contacting him. Maybe he has some insights. He also may have some pull at the police dept. to keep the investigation going.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back