FL - Sade Dixon, 24, & Sgt. Debra Clayton, 42, slain, Orlando, Dec 2016 & Jan 2017 *Guilty of Dixon*

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM As was stated twice on this thread and on live stream... the LEO was driving at normal speed and did not have his lights or siren activated.

So much LE blaming in the threads lately I can hardly stand following.

I totally agree. My husband retired after 40 years in LE....people have no idea what they go through.

With a 20 year record, he is well ensconced in the "bad boys" of the area. The last thing his buddies are interested in is the reward money! They do not want LE anywhere around them.

By wearing the shirt with FBI on it, most people would see that and pay no attention to him. IMO. So, I think it is/was a good cover for him.

Maybe they should add dead or alive to the $60,000 reward. Reading the article about him, it does sound like everyone is scared of this dude though! And rightly so! Such a shame the murder charge was dropped originally from 1996.

This just hit me --she was wearing a vest -- does that mean he shot her in the head - she was dead 18 minutes after the first call??

That was the first thing I heard this morning - shot in the head! No link, but it just made me take notice right from that statement. Really, really bad guy!

Catch this guy!

(Maybe they can't find him because he did himself in???)

jmo

That would absolutely the best outcome we could hope for, but I think he wants to take as many out as he can.

BBM As was stated twice on this thread and on live stream... the LEO was driving at normal speed and did not have his lights or siren activated.

So much LE blaming in the threads lately I can hardly stand following.

I agree,the LE bashing has caused me to stop reading/posting for periods of time.

I totally agree. My husband retired after 40 years in LE....people have no idea what they go through.

I also can not imagine what you have gone through while he was on duty,bless the both of you.

Do you guys think he may have killed himself ?

We all know killing a cop gets you locked up forever.

Up until this Am he had been able to hide out -- but I do not think that murder was making coverage - so it would be easier for him to hide.

He only has one destination if found

Darkness makes it scary --he has got to be desperate at this point

this AM I was thinking (if I could not get in ) if that was going on around here, I would try to sneak back in and want to go home

not in the dark tho!!

Up until this Am he had been able to hide out -- but I do not think that murder was making coverage - so it would be easier for him to hide.

Darkness makes it more scary --he has got to be desperate at this point

I'm praying he did.

I don't know about this - just may be CNN- no surprise - they are claiming she was shot 9 times

Orlando Police Shooting: Female Officer Shot 9 Times to Death [BREAKING NEWS] 15 Schools on Lockdown

[video=youtube;JPb7HyWCZFM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPb7HyWCZFM[/video]

Darkness makes it scary --he has got to be desperate at this point

this AM I was thinking (if I could not get in ) if that was going on around here, I would try to sneak back in and want to go home

not in the dark tho!!

If he was going to commit suicide I think it would have been after he shot and killed his ex girlfriend while pregnant with his baby.He is thinking of himself that is why he shot the officer because he does not want to get caught.

I don't know about this - just may be CNN- no surprise - they are claiming she was shot 9 times

Orlando Police Shooting: Female Officer Shot 9 Times to Death [BREAKING NEWS] 15 Schools on Lockdown
On the news they said she could have been shot as many as 9 times but they know she was shot at least 3.

If he was going to commit suicide I think it would have been after he shot and killed his ex girlfriend while pregnant with his baby.He is thinking of himself that is why he shot the officer because he does not want to get caught.

That is what I think too, Cuffem.

Have you ever been around or close to an officer when they apparently get a call? They flip the lights and siren on as they floor the pedal! They truly act or look like a show-off!

If you happen to be in the close vicinity, one does not have time to get out of his way. It is too sudden, one is in a shock momentarily. People just stop where they are which is dangerous. What else can one do when a siren is on top of you and a quick glance shows a speeding cruiser, often in the wrong lane? How many lives are endangered as cops act/drive in this manner?

There have been a number of fatalities caused by these speeding, wreckless driving officers!

EDITED: Two motorcycle cops had wrecks on their way to the scene. One lost his life. We know that this one was driving a normal speed when someone turned in front of him. What do we know about the other officer? On a regular basis, I would imagine motorcycle cop wrecks are few and far between.

EMS does not use this method of driving! Wherever they are going, a person is in need of their help.

Everyone has an opinion. I understand the seriousness of the call. However, the crazy speeding, endangering others is uncalled for.

My opinions only.

MOO, but 4 comments here (please bear in mind I mean no disrespect) but just to provide another viewpoint
1. I agree with LauraNYC83's comment - "You hear sirens and see lights you slow down. Simple as that." IMO, as citizens, we aid ALL first responders by exhibiting as much situational awareness as we can, and by making ourselves as predictable as possible. If that's slowing down, it it's pulling off the road when you see emergency lights 1/2 mile away, if it's changing lanes to be as far away from an accident scene as possible, we help save lives when we do that.
2. unfortunately, motorcycle wrecks are all too common in Florida, for both LEO and the general population. it's not uncommon in this state for drivers to turn directly into the path of motorcyclists and not to even see them until it's far too late (MOO from personal observation of North/Central Florida news as a motorcyclist). When I took motorcycle training in Florida in the mid-1990s, the lesson that the (LEO) instructors tried to drill into our heads was to reinforce that regardless of who was at fault, we as bikers were still just as dead if we relied on auto drivers to always have the situational awareness they should; right or wrong the onus was on us as riders to try and keep ourselves as safe as we could.
3. I've seen nothing yet to indicate that Officer Lewis was speeding or endangering others.
4. The comment implying EMS does not drive this way caught me off guard. Again, my apologies if I misunderstood, and this is MOO. I am not a medic but my husband is a former NYC paramedic and still has numerous friends who still serve as medics in NY and in other states. He and his former partners have consistently described the urgency with which they drive when a person is in need of help, and particularly how urgent the response can be when codes are "officer in distress", "fellow emergency responder" or "mass casualty" related. Both in NYC and in suburbs, they describe risks taken to protect life. In an emergency, I've personally experienced my husband leaping out of our personal car before I could even stop it, so he could aid a motorcyclist who dropped his bike on the road in front of us (as my husband proofread this, he still reminded me that I could have stopped faster). He also reminded me that medics sometimes don't appear to be driving as assertively as LEOs because ambulances don't accelerate as quickly as sedans and motorcycles, but they are floored nonetheless. :)

From my own experience with medics, emergency response training is not only trained/drilled, but also intuitive, natural, and does not always adhere to a conservative driving protocol. I thank every emergency responder for this behavior, and personally will always continue to do everything within my power to make their ability to respond to calls as easy as I can (and to recommend the same to others) - it's how I as a citizen can honor and respect the risks that they take every day to protect my community.

Manhunt grips Orlando as police search for suspect in officer's shooting death

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/09/police-officer-shot-outside-orlando-walmart-suspect-on-run.html

Loyd had been on the run since Dec. 13 when police accused him of shooting and killing 24-year-old Sade Dixon, a pregnant mother of two, and critically wounding her brother, Ronald Steward, outside her home. Dixon's surviving relatives told Fox 35 she had just broken up with Loyd.

Herman said a shopper had tipped off the officer -- who was putting bags in the trunk of her vehicle -- that Loyd was in the Walmart waiting to check out. As the officer walked towards the store, the suspect barged out and fired at least 12 shots, according to Herman. Three shots hit the officer, WFTV reported.

Markeith Loyd: Orlando police shooting suspect had long criminal history

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ce-shooting-markeith-loyd-20170109-story.html

A Facebook page that appears to belong to Loyd included a post on Dec. 12, the day before Orange County deputies say he killed ex-girlfriend Sade Dixon, 24. It reads, in part: "... when you talk about street legends mention ME!!!!! Me!!!!''

Troubles mounted for Loyd in the past month as police issued warrants for his arrest in the killing of Dixon.

Loyd had gone to the victim's home and banged on the door. When Dixon answered, he shot her, the Sheriff's Office said.

Loyd then shot her brother, who was critically injured, according to sheriff's reports.

Five other people were at the home at the time, including Dixon's 5- and 7-year-old children.

Two weeks before the shooting, he posted on Facebook: "Goals!!!! To be on Americas most wanted."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow