TX - Robert 'Lee' Covington, 54, found murdered, Dallas, 7 July 2017 *Arrest*

Whiskers16

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...ated-man-met-craigslist-returned-scene-u-haul

"A Cathedral of Hope staff member was suffocated with duct tape this week by a man he met on Craigslist who returned to the crime scene in a U-Haul, Dallas police say."

"A friend found the 54-year-old dead on his bed about 6:30 p.m. Friday."

"Neighbors reported seeing a suspicious man walking in the neighborhood and provided a license plate number from his vehicle, which led detectives to [Yevin] Rushing."

Nice work, neighbors!

Robert Lee Covington, pic from article:
dfc453ab748fe047a13ce58353c074ba.jpg

Yevin Rushing, pic from article:
7df8f1f4c8dd6f4b7bb9489c34da8cc9.jpg

So what was the motive? Was the perp just a thrill killer or was there something else behind this murder?

So what was the motive? Was the perp just a thrill killer or was there something else behind this murder?

I'm thinking they met to hook up and the guy was going to steal from him. The church is a LGBQ church.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking they met to hook up and the guy was going to steal from him. The church is a LGBQ church.

Yep. Sounds like a possible hate crime to me!

I am inclined to think it was for a hook up. They met on Craigslist and the police are being very secretive about the reason they met. His friends have stated the reason is unimportant. Not only that but he was found in his bed. Why else would the guy be in his bedroom?

Lee was my friend. I worked at CoH with him for 6 years. I left this past June 1.
His murderer said they met on CL..he also said Lee gave him his rolex. Both lies.

I've never met a more gentle, kind and classy man in my whole life. It's a true tragedy for us..the ones left behind and for the murderer's people too. I'm still just sick about it.

People who murder aren't always truthful. The investigation is still ongoing.

I am inclined to think it was for a hook up. They met on Craigslist and the police are being very secretive about the reason they met. His friends have stated the reason is unimportant. Not only that but he was found in his bed. Why else would the guy be in his bedroom?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back