FBI App to report Missing Children

believe09

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mobile/08/05/fbi.app/index.html?hpt=us_c2

"Child ID, the first mobile app made by the FBI, provides parents with a place to keep information about their children handy in case of an emergency.

Parents can create separate entries for each kid, complete with photos, height, weight and other descriptive details. Then if a child disappears at the shopping mall, for example, a parent can quickly reference the info from her phone when filing a report to police."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mobile/08/05/fbi.app/index.html?hpt=us_c2

"Child ID, the first mobile app made by the FBI, provides parents with a place to keep information about their children handy in case of an emergency.

Parents can create separate entries for each kid, complete with photos, height, weight and other descriptive details. Then if a child disappears at the shopping mall, for example, a parent can quickly reference the info from her phone when filing a report to police."

I think this is just wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!! However, I do not have any "i" products and have never used an "app" so what I was wondering is if the info were entered into a child's phone, could the child self report if they had their phone and were abducted? Is it like an icon sitting on your desktop that you could click and hit send?

IE - I know parents could hit send to get the word out fast, but how does an 'app' work and it seems to me a one touch thing to alert LE, parents (or predetermined number) when a child is in danger, would be a good addition to this brilliant idea.

Thanks believe09 for posting this. I was about to upload it to youtube to open a thread and found yours!

We have the info on this app in the Websleuths Resource Center (check out the link in my signature) but I wanted to be sure it appeared here as well. :)

I hope it doesn't turn into a problem of the FBI being flooded by parents mistakenly pushing the send button. You are supposed to ENTER all of the child's info, then wait and only push SEND if there is an emergency. What percentage of parents is going to enter evrrything and then think they are supposed to send it in beforehand? If only 1% does so, that is still a thousand or so false alarms.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back