IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not aimed at anyone in particular.

I just want to say in regards to recognising someone from a sketch or even audio that is if you even see it. As a child up until 10 years old my family lived next door to a serial killer, he had a beautiful loving family he acted like a great Dad and family man. My parents considered him a friend as did most people in our neighbourhood. We ate meals there, swam in their pool, he and his wife babysat us we played with the kids, bbq'd, did Birthdays even watched their home while they were on holiday.

This entire time this great, nice and lovely man was killing people and ditching their bodies in the woods on a monthly basis. There were sketches of him the FBI had released, we all had seen the sketch and none of us not once suspected our friend! Nor did his wife or children. He was prolific and when he finally was caught NONE of us believed it until fact after fact after DNA proved otherwise.

By the way he is now in prison for life on numerous counts.

My point being is people don't ever want to think the worst of people they know, be it friends or family or even an employer. If someone came to you today and said hey I think your best friend is a murderer would you even consider it a possibility? If a sketch had some similarities to your beloved Uncle would you start to question? Your brother who has a drug problem but you know isn't capable?

Please remember that their are humans out there who actually love, loved, monsters and monsters don't wear signs.

I may be missing something here. I believe the pic was taken in the home he was evicted from. Wasn't that long before Feb 13th? Do you think he went back to the home owners and asked for his jacket?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This type of person doesn't ask for anything, especially if it's his. IMO broke in and secured what he could.

My interpretation of this is that the girls were not found on the trail nor on the bridge so if there was DNA on the scene it would be as stated. " DNA found near the Monon High Bridge Trail, where Libby German and Abby Williams were found"
So they have DNA from where the girls were found. That is how I read it.

I imagine that this question has been answered, but I can't find it here: Why wouldn't DN have had his DNA on file, with his sex offender status?

If someone wants to report it, I thought I may have screenshotted the unedited cat photo at the time because it was so bizarre and I just looked and I do have it - I can send the pic if someone wants to report and include the pic. I will be offline for awhile now but can respond later today so please let me know. Do we think he was in this area (Indy/Greenwood) in Sept 2016??

Mugshot in this WTHR report was taken 1 week after the murders of LG and AW. I forget when the sketch of BG was made and put out there. Wouldn't police be looking at mugshots to try and identify if 1 of them resembled the sketch? DN was in and around Indiana around that time I think. This guy's DNA must have been on file somewhere in Indiana you would think. JMO https://www.wthr.com/article/carrol...k-between-colorado-suspect-and-delphi-murders

Back in 03-01-2017 in this thread it was posted about a red car, parked at the parking lot by the trail I presume, that was seen by a wittness, here is a copy of the post:

03-01-2017, 12:23 PM
#321 jjhoward33

IIRC, early on a witness reported seeing a red car with paper plates parked in the parking lot. Does anyone recall if this was ever ruled out? I am assuming it was but don't remember for sure.

Could that have been DN's red/maroon colored Chevy Prizm ?

Anyone have further info on that red car?

I imagine that this question has been answered, but I can't find it here: Why wouldn't DN have had his DNA on file, with his sex offender status?

I just asked my OH the same. But then this came to mind it takes a lot of time to do a DNA test and there were a LOT of people to go through he may not have even had his DNA compared yet I mean he did not live in the area and had no violent sexual assault record towards children. What I mean was maybe his DNA was still in the compare pile? Who knows but I thought the same.

I have been doing some thinking regarding DN's behavior in Colorado. Imagine if you can that you are on the run from Indiana LE and you have brought your family to include very young children to Colorado where you have a car, but no money and no place to stay. One of your children is an infant, formula, baby food, diapers. KN had a job in Indiana so it's possible that she had squirreled away some money they had been living off of ( gas, fast food etc.) That money is running out and soon to be gone. It is the middle of September and it is getting cool at night and will be getting colder, winter is coming. This is a very high stress situation and in MOO is the reason DN began acting out and harassing hikers with his hatchet and maybe even killed poor Mr. Watkins. Imagine you are homeless with your family and running out of food and money very quickly. Now also imagine that you see bikers and hikers out enjoying life, riding expensive bicycles and wearing costly gear. MOO but you would be enraged at what seems to you to be a leisurely lifestyle when you perceive your family to be cold and starving in the woods. DN wouldn't see his circumstances as consequences for the choices he had made, and he would take out his rage at his situation on them. In February it appears as though KN had kicked DN out and he was probably homeless and maybe living at the Monon High Bridge trail with no money and little food and even though it was nice on February 13, it had been cold. Now, here come Abby and Libby enjoying a beautiful day and a little carefree girl time while you ( DN) are literally struggling for your survival. JMO, as always.
I cannot believe your post. Many people are homeless and destitute without turning to murder. Are you really believing this was his motive? How does murdering three people and chasing people with a hatchet help to feed and clothe ones family?
In fact it is the opposite. Chasing his employer with a hatchet lost him his home and job and the means to support his family.

I hope LE has more than whatever DNA may have been on the bridge...considering the searchers, etc who were all out there, it would be hard to use that DNA as your main evidence if it was not on the girls or their belongings...jmo

I just asked my OH the same. But then this came to mind it takes a lot of time to do a DNA test and there were a LOT of people to go through he may not have even had his DNA compared yet I mean he did not live in the area and had no violent sexual assault record towards children. What I mean was maybe his DNA was still in the compare pile? Who knows but I thought the same.

But with the CODIS national database, if someone's DNA is entered, the match would be made from whatever was found at the scene of the crime. About the only thing I can think of is that they don't collect DNA from low level sex offenders (exposing themselves, and such)? I don't know if his convictions were felonies, or what?

Daniel Nations' legal problems are mounting.
~~~
He has been accused of felony menacing with a real or simulated weapon and reckless endangerment, according to court records. Arrest records detailing his connection to the threats were sealed.

~~~
Nations remains in the Teller County jail on a $2,000 bond related to his alleged possession of a weapon by a previous offender. El Paso County is seeking a $10,000 bond in his menacing case, court records show.

http://gazette.com/additional-charg...chet-threats-against-cyclists/article/1612189

ADMIN NOTE:

DO NOT SPECULATE ABOUT DN's FAMILY MEMBERS. THIS INCLUDES KN. UNLESS OR UNTIL LE ANNOUNCE KN IS ALSO A POI IN THE DELPHI CASE SPECULATION ABOUT HER IS INAPPROPRIATE.

Had a similar situation in KC just recently (you can find the thread in Serial Killers). We had what some were calling a serial killer killing middle-aged men on the hiking trails while they were walking their dogs etc. Many people jumped straight to "homeless" because there was a homeless camp nearby, even though I don't think there was evidence of a robbery in any of the cases. Anyway there's been a suspect arrested and he wasn't homeless and the alleged motive wasn't robbery from what I can surmise after all. The person they arrested lived in a pretty decent house near where the killings took place.

I said it before and I'll say it again--Bridge Guy would have been arrested in Colorado for those Dad jeans and that windbreaker alone.

Daniel Nations' legal problems are mounting.
~~~
He has been accused of felony menacing with a real or simulated weapon and reckless endangerment, according to court records. Arrest records detailing his connection to the threats were sealed.

~~~
Nations remains in the Teller County jail on a $2,000 bond related to his alleged possession of a weapon by a previous offender. El Paso County is seeking a $10,000 bond in his menacing case, court records show.

http://gazette.com/additional-charg...chet-threats-against-cyclists/article/1612189

Aha! The $2000 versus $10,000 problem is explained! :D

was the murder trail and the ax waving trail the same trail? I wonder why he didn't abscond?
I am not familiar with the area but I did find some info.
Watkins was a bike mechanic, longtime trail advocate, and all-around good guy, according to members of his community. A single shoe was reportedly found on Mt. Herman Road, the first part of a ride known as the Limbaugh Canyon route. A bike was found nearby as well.

http://www.theinertia.com/mountain/mountain-biker-killed-left-half-buried-on-colorado-trail/

This is a virtual tour you can take of the Mt Herman - Limbaugh Canyon route mentioned in the article above. Looks very rugged and isolated: https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/3504412

This is a virtual tour of the Mt Herman Rd trail. https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7018187

Both trails appear to be in the same vicinity due west of Monument ,CO, the hatchet threats took place. "It was one of the key pieces, and it's something that came in over and over from different complainants in the menacing cases we saw up in Monument and the Mount Herman road areas," said Jacqueline Kirby with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office. http://www.kktv.com/content/news/2-people-447798983.html

(Had an awful time writing this post, hopefully links come through ok.)

https://amp.jconline.com/amp/713451001

"He said police also have obtained samples of Nations' DNA, which has become a common procedure over the course of the seven-month-long investigation. He added that the samples will be compared to evidence gathered at the crime scene."

Sgt. Riley

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Totally not directed to anyone in particular but just a reminder (to myself as well) that "the cyclist" has a name and is also an innocent human being that was murdered and not merely a chess piece in the hunt for Abby and Libby's killer. From an article dated 9/23 on murder victim Tim Watkins:

"Watkins became a respected bike mechanic at multiple shops across Colorado Springs, and started his own shop several years ago in Monument called Balanced Rock Bike and Ski. He is credited with helping establish many of the trails west of Palmer Lake. And he mentored and taught countless people the fundamentals of riding."His passion just revved up the interest in mountain biking," said Greenwood, a decades-long friend."

Sounds like his community lost a great guy. RIP Tim Watkins.

Link: http://gazette.com/slain-palmer-lak...innocence-mourned-at-memorial/article/1611825

Wonderfully said. I myself have fallen into the trap of almost being glad that this exact situation took place that led to Abby and Libby's potential killer being caught, that I barely stopped to give a second thought to the death of someone who seems like a pretty special member of his community. Tim Watkins has a name and myself and most people here should try to keep that in mind.

Even if this guy has nothing to do with Abby and Libby, if he was behind Tim Watkins' death then the fact he's been caught is great news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288