NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL...cut him some slack. This is the closest he's been to being on stage in years. ;)

Oh, I think he's basically telling the truth as best he can. I'm just not sure every last one of his details can be trusted.

Has he been on stage? I missed that, if so.

Oh, I think he's basically telling the truth as best he can. I'm just not sure every last one of his details can be trusted.

Has he been on stage? I missed that, if so.

Look up The Clusters. ;)

ETA No idea if it's him, but it makes me giggle to think it is, so...

Including yet another fresh detail from Gus Coletti:

He came out of the bathroom, his two parrots, Chico and Zero, squawking loudly. A young woman later identified as missing person Shannan Gilbert came inside. “She just stood there and I dialed 911,” Coletti said. Then she ran away and fell halfway down the stairs. She went to a neighbor’s and banged on the door as well. That neighbor didn’t open the door, so she hid under Coletti’s boat.​

He said the same thing in the CBS interview he did http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/04...h-long-island-in-serial-killer-investigation/

it is very interesting and I wonder about its origin.

He's admitted to being 'interviewed' by LE several times. Perhaps/maybe he was called in for another interview yesterday. Perhaps someone who heard that, then speculated about if/when they were going to take him into custody. Shortly the rumor would probably morph into he was taken into custody. Just speculation on my part, lol.

What do I make of it? I make that it likely falls under the catagory of rumor/gossip and is probably not allowed on the forum (which is why I didn't post it). ;)

Still...very very interesting. :)

The rumour doesn't make much sense.
The person in question owns a boat.
If he was the SK, it would have been a lot safer for him to take the victims' bodies out in his boat and dump them a few miles out in the high seas.

That is a lot less risky than driving around with bodies in his car.. and then dumping each one a few miles away from his *own home*
The chances of someone driving by (a neighbour for example) and seeing and recognizing his car in that area are high.

Awwww...I like Gus. He's a cutie. And the band is good too. :)

If he was the SK, it would have been a lot safer for him to take the victims' bodies out in his boat and dump them a few miles out in the high seas.

That is a lot less risky than driving around with bodies in his car.. and then dumping each one a few miles away from his *own home*
The chances of someone driving by (a neighbour for example) and seeing and recognizing his car in that area are high.

Conversely if someone did that, dumped the bodies in the ocean.... then they would be lost for him forever also.

Some serials like to visit the dump sites. Or be able to drive by and know they are the only one who knows.

You or I might think that way, but there are probably dozens of known serial killers who have driven around with bodies in cars and trucks and dumped them by the highway -- many more than are dumped at sea. And as small as that dock area is, I'd be worried about being seen lugging a body down to the boat.

Killers like this just don't think of risk the same way a normal person does. It seems like for many of them, the risk is part of the thrill.

you guys...I think they are holding him for something...and that means they have something...wonder if Mr. Hyde lawyers up or confesses. I wish I could be there to check out the lock up. ... I feel like he's there...there has been a very obvious lack of reporting on this case the past couple of days ..just the searches...absolutley ZERO about any evidence they are holding.

I keep thinking of Shannan's mother and the rehab call.

The forum rules are impacting our ability to sleuth. IMO:

1) The victim phone numbers used in craigslist/backpage posts are pivotal details. Sharing the numbers that have been gleaned from publicly accessible websites (some posted by the victims themselves) provide key details to fellow sleuthers.

2) The relevant and most important part of this investigation is going to be centered on what happened in cyberspace (craigslist, cellphones, email messages, web-posts). The electronic ether is what sk used to find, locate, hunt his/her/their victims.

3) Crowd-sourcing this investigation is going to flush out the person(s) responsible. Law-enforcement is usually playing catch-up in keeping up with technology and electronic forensic technique. I'm sure there are computer programmers, network security pros, and other really brilliant folks here that can collectively put all the pieces together and help develop some really strong leads for LE. Without info, we're stuck..

Need the info.

I am afraid you've been watching too much CSI my friend.
Most SK's have been caught because of tips from witnesses or escaped victims. The BTK killer was caught because he didn't know that MS word documents insert the name of the software's owner into each document. Otherwise he would still be free.

If you take the time to read all previous threads, you would know that the SK used disposable pay-as-you-go phones, I am sure police have combed through all victims' phone records and did forensic searches in all their computers.
The SK didn't need to leave any online traces.. he saw the online ads and contacted the victims via disposables phones. No online contact was ever necessary.

According to a couple of the comments in that link upthread, the Hempstead hospital has been closed and boarded up for several years. That would make it a good private place for somebody who knew about it to do some work where they wouldn't be interrupted...

That's a huge assumption, don't you think? What if these girls WEREN'T killed at his home, or anywhere near his boat. What if he killed them in his car or a hotel or ANY location where his boat just happened not to be?

You or I might think that way, but there are probably dozens of known serial killers who have driven around with bodies in cars and trucks and dumped them by the highway -- many more than are dumped at sea. And as small as that dock area is, I'd be worried about being seen lugging a body down to the boat.

Killers like this just don't think of risk the same way a normal person does. It seems like for many of them, the risk is part of the thrill.

Well, i am not going by what *i* think.. i am going by my own personal profile of the SK. He is extremely careful and has done very unusual things, things that other SK's haven't done.
The fact that this monster hasn't been caught should tell you something.

It is a lot less suspicious to see someone carrying a burlap bag into the boat parked right outside his own home's dock, that dumping a burlap bag by the highway.

True Carbuff. Wasn't Rifkin stopped with a body in his car?

That's a huge assumption, don't you think? What if these girls WEREN'T killed at his home, or anywhere near his boat. What if he killed them in his car or a hotel or ANY location where his boat just happened not to be?

Please view my previous posting where i explain why it is very unlikely that the 4 victims were killed in a motel.

Please view my previous posting where i explain why it is very unlikely that the 4 victims were killed in a motel.

I've read your views, Secret...I just don't happen to agree with them.

Incidentally, your personal profile of the killer IS what you think. Just like my personal profile of him IS what I think, and so on and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth