GUILTY NY - Tanya Byrd, 45, found dismembered, Bronx, 26 Feb 2013

JoeFromLB

Reaction score
Okay, this one is really bad...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...f-tanya-byrd-bronx-woman-found-in-trash-bags/

February 27, 2013

(CBS) NEW YORK - Police have charged two men, including the victim's son, in connection with the death of a 45-year-old woman whose dismembered body was found in trash bags scattered across a Bronx neighborhood Tuesday morning, CBS New York reports.

On Tuesday, police arrested 23-year-old Bashid McLean in connection with the death of his mother, Tanya Byrd. Authorities also arrested McLean's friend, 26-year-old William Harris, on Wednesday, according to CBS radio affiliate 1010 WINS.

aw man. Is it me or is dismemberment the body disposal option being used a lot recently.

Horrific.

Your own mother. smh

Sounds like she wasn't perfect but at some point you put on your big kid pants and quite blaming mommy for how much your life sucks.

oh my. It does get worse, wish I hadn't opened the huff link. wow, mental health problems. Makes more sense now. Off his meds, he wasn't just bitter about a less than perfect childhood, this guy had serious ongoing, longterm issues.

Poor woman.

Is it too much to hope for that he be locked away in a secure cell for the rest of his natural life? And as soon as possible at that.

Certifiable monster. They live among us.

s it me or is dismemberment the body disposal option being used a lot recently.

It really is!

This kid doesn't look the "full quid" in that picture with his mother's head. Man. And he was probably free when he killed her, because she loved him too much to have him committed.

Bronx man who killed and dismembered his mother then took a selfie with her head found guilty - November 2016

Bahsid McLean was found guilty Friday in Bronx Criminal Court of second-degree murder and unlawful dissection of a human being, a violation of the public health law.

After a trial that lasted nearly a month, the jury reached its verdict just hours after beginning deliberations Friday.

South Bronx man who took selfie with mom's severed head gets 25 years to life for her murder - December 2016

A schizophrenic South Bronx man who killed his mother and took a selfie with her severed head was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison moments after family members lovingly remembered the family matriarch Monday.

“Today is one of the hardest days I have to face, the sentencing of my very own brother,” said McLean’s sister, Porsche Lovett, as she tried to hold back tears.

Lovett acknowledged how her mother struggled as a young parent, but described how she tried to better herself and be there for her kids, including their 10-year old brother, Nasyr, as she grew up.

“She did everything she could to make up for those lost times,” she said. “You were a momma’s boy, the same love you saw her give our baby brother Nasyr was the love she gave you. You were her favorite.”

“Why did you take away my mommy?,” she asked. "Why did you take away Nasyr’s mommy?”

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20161205/morrisania/bahsid-mclean-sentencing

Judge Jeanette Morick-Rodriguez sentenced Bahsid to 25 years to life for the murder, 1 and 1/3 to 4 years for dismembering his mother's body and issued a 100-year order of protection against him for William Harris, who had helped Bahsid dispose of Byrd's body and who Bahsid initially tried to pin the murder on.

Harris ultimately pled to one count of hindering prosecution in the case, was sentenced to two to four years in 2014 and was released earlier this year, according to the Bronx DA's Office.

Omg it seems like the way murders are happening is just getting worse and more frequent.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

Bashid McLean, 26, who was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison last week for the 2013 murder of his mother, Tanya Byrd, assaulted correction officer Matthew Hines with a scalpel inside West Facility Wednesday night, sources said.

Hines suffered an eye wound that required several staples and also broke his nose in the attack, which was first reported by PIX 11...

At his sentencing last week, he said, “What I did to my mother was uncalled for.”

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20161215/morrisania/selfie-severed-head-brutally-beats-rikers-guard

McLean claimed that it was his friend, William Harris, who actually killed Tanya Byrd in February of 2013 but claims that he did “all of the cutting” himself using a power saw. He mutilated her body, cutting her up and stuffing the remains in a rolling suitcase.

“You didn’t really care that he killed her?” a prosecutor asked McLean.

“No, not really,” he replied. “People die all the time.”

He later added, “At the end of the day, you die either way. That’s the only thing you’re promised, to die. You live to die,” before saying, “If I don’t — if I didn’t, chop her up, somebody else would have. If he didn’t kill her, somebody else would have.”

McLean also stated that he was not worried about going to jail because he can access a parallel universe in his mind when he is off his medication, one in which he is a lawyer and is married with a family.

“I wouldn’t be in jail. Not up here, I’m not,” he said, pointing to his head.

“That’s how I cope,” McLean said. “I disappear in my mind.”

http://thegrio.com/2016/10/27/bronx-man-butchers-mom/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth