IN - Parents arrested for taking baby to bar, drinking, smoking, breastfeeding

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Michael Trosclair, 45, and Shari Tremba, 42, were taken into custody June 16 at the Wild Beaver Saloon in Indianapolis.

The couple is from Mobile, Alabama and Trosclair's LinkedIn profile lists him as a former senior pastor at a Theodore church and a current regional vice president of Primerica in Mobile, where he has worked since 2009. Tremba's social media indicates she, too, worked for the financial services company at one point.

Trosclair and Tremba are charged with neglect of a dependent in a situation that endangers the dependent, and also with public intoxication. They have since been released from Marion County Jail 1 in Indianapolis. They were in town for a work conference.

Police were dispatched to the saloon at 12:38 a.m. on a report of a woman soliciting customers for beer and breast feeding an infant while drinking. Police arrived and found Tremba standing outside of a roped-off area at the bar, holding a cup and standing near a stroller. "The baby was quiet and sleeping," the report said.

Police asked Tremba who the baby belonged to, and she said the baby was hers. Her answer was followed by a swig of beer. Police went on to say that Tremba's "breath and person" smelled of an alcoholic beverage, and that she had to be asked several times who she was and where she was from.

A witness told police that Tremba had been at the bar for quite a while and was offering sex to different individuals who would go inside and get her a beer. The man told police he had watched Tremba drink her beers and breastfeed the baby at the same time. She had been at the bar drinking since at least 10:30 p.m., and was eventually kicked out and told to stay outside of the roped area. Tremba told police she was with her husband and friends from his work. Her Breath Alcohol Content at the time of her arrest was .193.

Trosclair became angry and said he would take everyone home by Uber. Police told him they were going to have to have the baby examined. "Mr. Trosclair became belligerent and started demanding to talk to a lawyer and telling us we weren't going to do anything. It was at this time, due to Mr. Trosclair's behavior, I put him in cuffs for fear he may fight us with the baby right there."

More witnesses came forward, and one of them told police that Tremba at one point had chained the stroller, which still held the baby, to a chain outside the saloon and went inside to buy a drink, leaving the infant unattended.

Another witness told police he saw Tremba drinking, smoking and breastfeeding all at once. He said her voice was slurred and she was leaning against the building. At one point, he said, some men - possibly bar employees - brought out a tray of beers for her and were drinking with her.

The baby girl was examined at the hospital and no signs of intoxication or other physical signs of abuse or neglect were noted. The girl was taken into the custody of DCS.

22952900-mmmain.jpg

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/i..._was_more_important_th.html#incart_river_home

I know I shouldn't find this funny, but .....drinking, smoking and breastfeeding all at the same time. Ah well, at least she can multi task.

This is how they treat the poor baby in public. I don't want to imagine how she is treated in private....:mad:

This reminds me of an incident, many years ago at a bachelorette party. We were drinking and dancing and having a great time. At some point we went out to the outdoor patio, where smoking was allowed---[thats how long ago this was]

5 or 6 of us were cooling off, sitting on the patio, and a nice looking woman politely came over and asked my friend for a cigarette. She gave her one, we all were talking and she was congratulating the bride to be, and we ordered some more tequila shots, and asked the lady if she wanted one. She nodded enthusiastically.

So we all had a shot, and then we were going back to dance. So I asked her why she was sitting out on the patio alone, and she opens her big coat and shows us she is really really pregnant. :eek:

We were like WTH? WHY are you drinking tequila and smoking while pregnant?

She starts making weak excuses, like 'it is not that big of a deal' to have a few cigs or a few shots, as long as it is in moderation, blah blah blah...And she said at least she stopped doing coke and crack and she only smokes pot and tobacco now, so she is doing good.

It was pretty frustrating because we could tell she was real drunk. I thought she was sitting there to sober up a bit---sad to find out she was pregnant.

I hope everything was OK with her baby but I have my fears about it.

If no other signs of neglect or abuse were found this sounds like it might have been an isolated incident.
Maybe it was a very bad judgement call made one time. I hope so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back