Big city Law Enforcement VS Satsuma

Maryann123

Reaction score
I think this case would have been solved a long time ago if LE had done their jobs properly. Come on! A 17 year old girl and and a (unusual person) can't be smarter than they are. It's hard for me to believe they have ever given Ron a serious look-see. Misty hates being in jail, and I think she has tried to tell them what actually happened, but they won't listen. Enough is enough! Call in the people that can get to the bottom of this, and let's get on with it. The 911 call holds a lot of clues, and I swear, I don't think they have ever broken down that call. Ask Misty why she couldn't keep up with the questions the 911 operator was asking. Ask her why she was making the call instead of Haleigh's dad. Ask her why she was concerned with how freaking cold she was instead of what happened to Haleigh? Ask her what drugs Ronald was referring to. And as a last resort, ask Ronald these same questions, unless they are too concerned about insulting Ronald since it's his daughter that is missing. Hey law enforcement...here's a news flash for you.....it's usually a family member that comments these crimes. No need to tip toe around them!

Here's another thing that I can't get past. Why hasn't Teresa Neves been asked how she can travel 12-15 miles in 5 minutes, after being awakened from a deep sleep, having to get dressed, and having the presence of mind to bring along an 8x10 glossy of Haleigh. They have the record of what time Ronald called her, and what time she showed up at the MH. If the time line doesn't fit, they have an obligation to press TN for the truth. I don't believe they have ever done this. Why haven't they confronted her with this obvious impossibility?

It has been pointed out to me that I misspelled Satsuma. (thank you!) I don't know how to correct this. Kim, can you take care of it?

I agree Maryann. This case is beyond frustrating and perhaps someone else needs brought in, a clean pair of eyes so to speak.
I believe Misty has told them everything she knows and I really don't feel like she is the smoking gun that LE has thought she was. They focused on her immiediatley and stayed with her and I think there is too much tunnel vision going on.

It has been pointed out to me that I misspelled Satsuma. (thank you!) I don't know how to correct this. Kim, can you take care of it?

It is spelled correctly, I just googled it to make sure :)

This case is so frustrating. I've seen LE solve other crimes and do not understand why it is taking so long. I do think they need to give both sides of the family LDT's; all of them to be fair. There has to be more that know something that would be significant.
The LE of Putnam County solved a crime that was a quarter of a mile from where I live and it didn't take over a week; they do have some good investigators working for Putnam County. It does make me wonder if there is more going on behind the scenes. I hope that it is that they just are not releasing what they know and not a coverup. I met Jeff Hardy when he was running for sheriff and he seemed to genuinely interested in making a difference. Justice for Haleigh!

Here's another thing that I can't get past. Why hasn't Teresa Neves been asked how she can travel 12-15 miles in 5 minutes, after being awakened from a deep sleep, having to get dressed, and having the presence of mind to bring along an 8x10 glossy of Haleigh. They have the record of what time Ronald called her, and what time she showed up at the MH. If the time line doesn't fit, they have an obligation to press TN for the truth. I don't believe they have ever done this. Why haven't they confronted her with this obvious impossibility?

Don't forget that she also was wearing here Sheriff Department's jacket when she arrived on the scene also.

How do we know what LE is doing behind the scenes? Is there a link that can justify opinions that they aren't doing their job?

Recently I watched a show on 20/20 or one of those kinds of programs where LE worked tirelessly for well over a year before they made an arrest in a case. During that time, they didn't show their hand at all.

I personally think there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than any of us know. I've often felt they were putting pressure on Misty to let Ronald think they weren't even considering him in hopes that he would screw up. The 911 call and the way the Cummings tried to control Misty's every action tells me the Cummings' clan are either covering for Ronald or Teresa. IMO Misty didn't find out anything until 1:30-2:30am when a neighbor saw her screaming and on her cell phone out in the yard at the MH. Ronald's behavor has been extremely odd if you ask me. It certainly hasn't been that of a father whose child is missing.

I do not think PCSO is inept. Just looking at the cast of characters in this case tells us what LE has had to deal with. And they can't force anyone to take a LDT. They can ask, and perhaps they should have done that in the beginning--or maybe they did and some said no. Who knows! I can see why LE would want to be very protective of what evidence they do have and I have never felt they owed us (the public) any information at any time, other than letting us know that they are continuing to work the case.

Some cases go cold and stay that way for years and then, when it's least expected, there is a break. And some cases go cold and are never solved. That might be what happens with this case. I hope not, but I am not sure whether bringing in new LE would help or not at this point; maybe earlier on it would have made a difference, but now that the case is swirling with so many lies, I have my doubts. I think LE knows what happened but lacks physical evidence to guarantee a conviction and they do not want to mover forward for that reason.

If perps or witnesses will not talk, nothing can be done to force them to talk. IMO, the only way Haleigh will get justice of any kind is if one or more of the key players goes to prison for a very long time on the drug charges...if that happens we might see one break down eventually. Even if they go to prison, I think they will continue playing games until they have exhausted all appeals.

What I see coming in the near future is either more lies or nothing at all...because the players still have hopes of getting off easy on the drug charges. It will not be until that is no longer a possibility that they might entertain the idea of telling what they know. But, if they get off with light sentences, I am convinced we will never hear the truth about Haleigh.

I'm not ready to slap down PCSO just yet. Considering the "witnesses" they have to work with, the numerous failed LDTs, the inconsistencies in statements, they have a tough job. Plus they have no body, and very likely, very little evidence. All we know they have is a claim that a child is missing. Everything else, they are keeping quiet, and rightfully so. Just because we want to know doesn't mean they have to tell us.

They are holding several people in custody, on charges unrelated to Haleigh, but they are being held nevertheless. They probably believe these are the main suspects and there's no reason to rush and botch the investigation just because we want to know. There's no law that says they must tell us NOW. The law says "full disclosure" after someone is charged. I'm willing to give them some slack to do their job. Yes, I'm as frustrated as everyone else. :banghead:

I get very frustrated with LE in this case, but a little while back, I had a dream, that involved a detective & Ronald. He was on to Ron. I think my mind was churning with this case, while asleep, but it did make me feel better. So, I'm thinking, that I have subconsciously picked up clues that maybe LE isn't quite as enamored with Ron, as they seem. He is in jail, on a huge bond, so I'm thinking they've got him where they want him. My biggest fear, is that they'll all get huge drug sentences, & the Haleigh case will be forgotten. I won't be satisfied with the killer(s), being in jail, I want them in jail for Haleigh. So, I sincerely hope, that LE isn't looking at a consolation justice.

I get very frustrated with LE in this case, but a little while back, I had a dream, that involved a detective & Ronald. He was on to Ron. I think my mind was churning with this case, while asleep, but it did make me feel better. So, I'm thinking, that I have subconsciously picked up clues that maybe LE isn't quite as enamored with Ron, as they seem. He is in jail, on a huge bond, so I'm thinking they've got him where they want him. My biggest fear, is that they'll all get huge drug sentences, & the Haleigh case will be forgotten. I won't be satisfied with the killer(s), being in jail, I want them in jail for Haleigh. So, I sincerely hope, that LE isn't looking at a consolation justice.

Dodie,
That is exactly how I feel. I believe if there is evidence of blundered attempts to solve this crime then that explains the way everyone who tried to investigate this case has been defamed...ie..Tim Miller, Cobra and even Geraldo. Practically told to leave. I believe that if the press would stop updating this story it would go away. Maybe if they had gone away when Cobra and Geraldo were sent away the case would have sat on a shelf. Now I think after almost a year and the press hanging on and on....they tried the put them in jail and deal with them tactic.

What bothers me about the drug charges and incarceration is this: They were doing the same thing for Gawd only knows how long BEFORE Haleigh was gone.....so too little to late.

Finally, I will not be satisfied if they give them 100 years each......if its not for the disappearance of little Haleigh. This is not going away no matter what they do. The can is open....someone is gonna cough up Haleigh or this is going to haunt that police dept forever. MOO

I agree with Gwen on what she posted and dodie as well.

We have proof that some things were improperly handled such as the night that Haleigh went missing Hardy admitted that the bed covers thrown over the railing on the side ramp messed with the tracking dogs. The failure to take the screen door from the very beginning, was in my opinion a bungle in this case as well.

I believe that some new eyes that are proven to have solved cases like this before needs to be brought in. What I don't understand is the silence from the Griffis/Sheffield side of the family. I would have been screaming at PCSO for months to find my child or at least what happened to her.

The last proverbial straw for me was the search in the St. John's river on Tommy's word. Surely and I mean surely, they must have given Tommy another lie detector test to confirm the story before they declared Haleigh dead and spent thousands of dollars on dive teams. Anyone? Bueller? Please tell me they did not do this on Tommy's word alone, although it sure appeased the public for a while, didn't it?

PSCO seems to plan their little tactical missions in this case and when they fail, they drag it out instead of admitting it's not working and quickly moving to another strategy.

It's like they take one step forward and then have to quickly move four steps back.

How do we know what LE is doing behind the scenes? Is there a link that can justify opinions that they aren't doing their job?

Recently I watched a show on 20/20 or one of those kinds of programs where LE worked tirelessly for well over a year before they made an arrest in a case. During that time, they didn't show their hand at all.

Kim, I guess I would answer your question by pointing out that we were told months ago that an arrest was imminent, that the case was no longer considered a missing person case, but was now a homicide, and Crystal was told to make plans for a funeral. (not sure where this was stated, so I don't have the link) There is no body, no arrests have been made and they are no closer to solving this case than they were almost a year and a half ago. Their actions may not be criminal, but they sure come across as being inept. I wish I thought they had a hand to show, but I don't. The only thing I think they are right about is that Misty is the key. Not the "one" but the key. If this isn't enough to justify my opinion that LE isn't doing their job, then you can close this thread. I just think they have too many inconsistent statements from TN, AS, RC and MC, and they haven't put any pressure on them to explain it.

Again, no link to back this up, but they didn't search the dumpster within spitting distance from the house for something like a month! Or was it a week? Whatever it was, it was way too long.

Again, no link to back this up, but they didn't search the dumpster within spitting distance from the house for something like a month! Or was it a week? Whatever it was, it was way too long.

I'd like to add they went into that dumpster like there was a race to get to the bottom using pitchforks! It was a disgrace how that was handled IMO. Yes, the back door too! 3 weeks after the investigation began, they took it in to be analyzed. I think the front door was the path that was taken for Haleigh's last trip from that mobile home and feel LE should have taken it for processing immediately to expose whose prints were on it to show who last used it besides Ron. If GGS was there and went inside, her prints should have been on that door too! As for the kids eating their supper on the porch, I wonder if LE asked pertinent questions as to where are the dirty dishes from supper? What did they eat? Check the garbage for packaging to substantiate the story, etc. Did anyone speak to Haleigh's teacher or office personnel since Haleigh was supposedly late that day? Did anyone speak to Ron's friend, Orlando and ask why he suddenly went away after being so supportive in the beginning?

I don't know. I would hate to think that any of this type of investigative means was missed. I keep the faith in LE at Satsuma because I want to and hope they have created a dartboard for their wall in the Haleigh room to see who's picture has ended up being the center as their main target. To me, all the signs are there and I feel they know it, they just need some kind of proof before making an arrest(s) regarding Haleigh's case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back