Article in today's Newsday (5/1/2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a guy who has a cab, does late night runs, knows when he gets a working girl in his cab... Maybe this area has a lot of hanky panky, and it's easy pickings...remote and active, what if these girls simply went out to oak beach and were never seen again..maybe it has nothing to do with who picked up Meagan...maybe it has more to do with where she ended up that day or evening..I just never looked at it this wY before...

But it still doesn't explain Shannon running for her life...unless it's a coincidence and she was upset and then ended up in a killers web...

Maybe someone who seems like a taxi, or a cop....here we go again...:twocents:

You don't know how that business works. Those girls don't just get a cab to some remote community. If they did use a cab driver, it would be someone who had a long term arrangement to drive them about on their business, and not just some random cabbie.

As in they are aware that these women are visiting Johns and waits for them to leave the premises, then abducts them? How would they have the prior knowledge that these women would be there?

I was :waitasec: about that too, until I thought of how many times I used taxi's to go on calls. It was standard procedure to ask the cab driver to come back in 45 min. (rather than a "will call" return trip.) It was time saving (I didn't have to spent unpaid for time waiting for a cab at the clients house) and safer (At least I thought) because, I could tell the client that the cab driver was coming back..

So, they would have prior knowledge, if any of the girls caught a cab out there and told the driver to come back to get her.

I think most cab drivers are smart enough to figure out the nature of the trip.

There wouldn't be a record of the return cab ride because, it would be up to the driver to report it to the cab company.

I think that a cab driver would make a good occupation for the killer.

You don't know how that business works. Those girls don't just get a cab to some remote community. If they did use a cab driver, it would be someone who had a long term arrangement to drive them about on their business, and not just some random cabbie.

I'm not sure I understand why you think that they wouldn't "...just get a cab to some remote community." Why not?

I'm not sure I understand why you think that they wouldn't "...just get a cab to some remote community." Why not?

I'm not answering for Tugela. But if I was a working gal, I wouldn't want to risk paying cab fare to some remote place in bumble. What if the John has passed out/left/decided he doesn't want you there? Then you're out a nice amount of cash, I would think.

Plus, hasn't it been established that in at least a few instances the LISK picked up his victims?

Dunno. Just my thoughts. Could be wrong.

I'm not answering for Tugela. But if I was a working gal, I wouldn't want to risk paying cab fare to some remote place in bumble. What if the John has passed out/left/decided he doesn't want you there? Then you're out a nice amount of cash, I would think.

Plus, hasn't it been established that in at least a few instances the LISK picked up his victims?

Dunno. Just my thoughts. Could be wrong.

That happens occasionally, sometimes you come out on the *advertiser censored* end. However, usually a cancellation fee is paid, which goes to the driver. A "regular" driver is going to expect gas money (even with a call that doesn't pay) so either way, you take that chance.

I don't think that it's been established that LISK was the one who picked up any of the victims. It's been speculated about, but established? I could be wrong. (It happens.)

I think that Dave Schaller, who was Amber Lynn Costello's roommate, believes he saw the car that Amber was picked up in.

I think that Dave Schaller, who was Amber Lynn Costello's roommate, believes he saw the car that Amber was picked up in.

I remember reading something like that somewhere. (No idea where so I can't confirm or deny)

I would think if that were true, he should be able to give a description of it to police and I haven't seen a description of the last known vehicle she got in anywhere. Have you?

Whoever picked her up doesn't necessarily have to be the killer though. YKWIM?

Well I for one have gone round and round on LISK ..but for some reason in my head it always felt like the connection with oak beach...was just that it was a dump site...and these girls could have been anywhere and yet they all ended up together, the prostitutes of oak beach..right? Shannan really brought us there... But because of the way she died we started to look at a local suspect, someone in the cul de sac. ...

Not all of these girls had drivers...is it easy to get a cab during the summer season? Is there a vibrant business for call girls out there ? Vaccation homes etc? Could you take a cab to New Jersey and get a train where ever? ... I know Amber was seen getting into a car, but what if it took her to Oak Beach?

I guess I'm thinking that maybe it's not that they all went to the same John and were murdered, but what if they all got in the same cab? Wasn't that Days Innn that was it meaghan was in, wasn't it nearby ?

What if Shannan could have made it to the road? What if she was picked up by someone very familiar with the area?

How did Shannan manage to die in an upright position? Was she leaning on something?

Do working girls know this stretch of homes? This area and the neighboring one? Is this a money pot at the right time of year? How can we know they never went there?

I remember reading something like that somewhere. (No idea where so I can't confirm or deny)

I would think if that were true, he should be able to give a description of it to police and I haven't seen a description of the last known vehicle she got in anywhere. Have you?

He talked about it in the 48 Hours special about the case. If memory serves, he believes he saw the vehicle, but was intoxicated and can't recall any specifics about the make, model or license plate. He seemed pretty broken up about it. Given his insobriety, I guess it has to be taken with a grain of salt, but my gut told me he was telling the truth. Then again, my gut tells me many things.

Newsday ran an article today on the fourth anniversary (already? 5/1/2010 seems just like yesterday ...) of Gilbert's disappearance. Not much new except an interview with former SCPD 3 star Chief of Detectives Dominick Varrone. Varrone seems convinced that Shannan's death is unrelated and that she was NOT murdered.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...ies-remains-a-mystery-4-years-later-1.7879850

Ill post some snippets, I will go ahead and post the whole article if the admins give the ok as Newsday hides their articles behind a paywall and only subscribed Cablevision users can access.

This case is cold ... colder than Antarctica :(

So, these girls are willing to put their lives on the line on a daily, sometimes hourly basis by meeting strangers for sex but they draw the line at random cabbies? Alrighty then..

Also, I have used many cabbies in my business travels, who give me their biz card so I can call them any time and they will come and get me...even wait like a limo service.

I'm just thinking that if it was me, freaking out and trying to get away and not trusting my driver and not seeing a cop coming, if I was on that road I might jump into a cab, if he would pick me up... Trusting they could get me out of there...

I might even try to hitch if I was desperate enough...but a taxi is universal...something any person would trust.

It's out there I know...wonder if there is a small local taxi service for the area.

I'm just thinking that if it was me, freaking out and trying to get away and not trusting my driver and not seeing a cop coming, if I was on that road I might jump into a cab, if he would pick me up... Trusting they could get me out of there...

I might even try to hitch if I was desperate enough...but a taxi is universal...something any person would trust.

It's out there I know...wonder if there is a small local taxi service for the area.

Justice, I just want to say I really appreciate your viewpoint. I admire the courage it took for you to talk candidly about your personal experiences. If you can make it through tough times like that, you can do anything. Best of luck!

Justice, I just want to say I really appreciate your viewpoint. I admire the courage it took for you to talk candidly about your personal experiences. If you can make it through tough times like that, you can do anything. Best of luck!

Thank you so much for that. I'm not always the sharpest sleuth in the drawer but I really care about these victims. They didn't deserve this and they don't deserve to be forgotten. They deserve justice and this sick freak needs to be off the streets preying on women!

:blushing:
Thank you so much for that. I'm not always the sharpest sleuth in the drawer but I really care about these victims. They didn't deserve this and they don't deserve to be forgotten. They deserve justice and this sick freak needs to be off the streets preying on women!

Def an interesting viewpoint. Def a lot of courage. Def appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson