Meagan Leigh McCraw Coxie, 25 & Johnny Joe Coxie, 29 (both deceased)

So...2 questions.

Is there an original thread on WS when these 2 went missing last year?

And...do you think that money he asked to be transfered was the Coxies child?

Matic.
1. No - No one in the wider public knew they were missing. It seems the mother made an appeal once and his sister made an appeal on FB in April but that was it.
2. No I think the Sheriff confirmed the money was not for their baby.

I think he killed the men so that they would suffer and the female would immediately be submissive.
I think he got more pleasure watching the men suffer as they died.
The women he got pleasure from keeping them and torturing them. The head shot was more like "Blegh I'd done. Next." The actual killing of the female wasn't pleasurable as the torturing for an extended period of time. When he was done he was done. On to the next victim.
The male dying was him showing dominance over the male victim and showing the female what he was capable of. JMOO

Agreed!

I thought she had the baby in sept?

The article was rather vague as to what made them test the baby for drugs, so I wondered if maybe she had taken the baby in for a well-check or something, and it was somehow discovered during that visit. I would think maybe she was breastfeeding and it was passed along to the baby in that manner. Also, I don't know how long heroin stays in a person's body once they've used. Meagan admitted to using heroin and Suboxone during the first 6 months of her pregnancy, so maybe it stayed in her body for months afterwards and was passed along to the baby that way.

Hmmm if that is true then...
Either she was breastfeeding and passed it to the baby or...
:(

I think she was breastfeeding and passed it along that way too. Or maybe she gave it to the child to stop it from crying or something? People do some crazy things when kids won't be quiet sometimes. Remember the daycare that was dipping pacifiers in Nyquil to make the children sleep?

The article was rather vague as to what made them test the baby for drugs, so I wondered if maybe she had taken the baby in for a well-check or something, and it was somehow discovered during that visit. I would think maybe she was breastfeeding and it was passed along to the baby in that manner. Also, I don't know how long heroin stays in a person's body once they've used. Meagan admitted to using heroin and Suboxone during the first 6 months of her pregnancy, so maybe it stayed in her body for months afterwards and was passed along to the baby that way.

I think she was breastfeeding and passed it along that way too. Or maybe she gave it to the child to stop it from crying or something? People do some crazy things when kids won't be quiet sometimes. Remember the daycare that was dipping pacifiers in Nyquil to make the children sleep?

BBM.

:gaah:

East area rapist or the "original night stalker" in California: case where a rapist/killer would break into homes specifically targeting couples, in order to rape the wife and make the husband watch. I think he evolved from just rape to rape & murder.

I have a question. Well, I have many questions but I'll start with this. Can any of you, my fellow WSer's, recall serial killers who targeted couples? I know him killing the males may simply be to eliminate the obstacles to the females he wanted to victimize, but it just seems so different to me.

TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darn! I just posted about the original night stalker but I missed your post! oops! :gaah:

The Original Night Stalker was my first thought. More than 50 rapes and a dozen or more murders, and he targeted couples most of the time.

Leonard Lake and Charles Ng killed at least two families, maybe three, if I remember correctly - killed the fathers and children immediately, then held the women captive until they died from abuse. BTK also killed families. Douglas Gretzler ended a serial murder spree by killing a family in California. A few of the Zebra Murders targeted couples (four murderers in that case).

It's actually a lot more common than you'd think, now that we're listing them. I think a lot of killers either get off on forcing one member of a couple to watch/know about their loved ones' rape or murder, or find it more thrilling to have to "fight" (aka kill with no warning) someone for their real target.

I would hazard that the job offer isn't actually a thing. I think it's drugs.

The sheriff said that KB and CDC were up to some things that weren't legal.

I would assume the lure to his place is drugs. And it's a pretty good lure because couples aren't going to tell others that they're off somewhere to organise a drug deal of some kind. So they just vanish...

All MOO.

Sounds like a good theory. I wondered about TK taking the risk of the couples telling someone where they were going.

The article was rather vague as to what made them test the baby for drugs, so I wondered if maybe she had taken the baby in for a well-check or something, and it was somehow discovered during that visit. SNIP

http://wspa.com/2015/04/29/sc-fails-to-track-babies-in-danger-from-addicted-moms/

https://projects.propublica.org/graphics/maternity-drug-policies-by-state

If there is suspicion of maternal drug use, babies here in SC are tested at birth. Sometimes, they are taken away from the mother before leaving the hospital. Sometimes, a family member takes custody of the baby at birth, and the drug user is charged at a later time.

Anyone else recall 2 goats that were removed from the property? Unsure the reason for it, they may have been aggressive or needed medical attention.
The 1st thought in my head was Kylr Yust statement "pigs eat bones"

I have had goats. They are not carnivores. They eat vegetation.

i think Meagan kinda had to say something so that family would bail her out of jail. KB wasn't in jail.

I find it telling that family says they only were told by Meagan there was a "good job." K and C didn't tell anyone what they were doing. Makes me wonder if it is a type of job you would be told not to share or wouldn't want to share.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

its possible it just took that long to questioning her.

maybe the results came back and were turned over to LE / CPS and they didn't track her down right away.

Hmmm if that is true then...
Either she was breastfeeding and passed it to the baby or...
:(

I took it to understand that she admitted to regular use during the first 6 months, then tried to quit but was unsuccessful and continued use. idk what link I read it on but that was my take away.

http://wspa.com/2015/04/29/sc-fails-to-track-babies-in-danger-from-addicted-moms/

https://projects.propublica.org/graphics/maternity-drug-policies-by-state

If there is suspicion of maternal drug use, babies here in SC are tested at birth. Sometimes, they are taken away from the mother before leaving the hospital. Sometimes, a family member takes custody of the baby at birth, and the drug user is charged at a later time.

I took it to understand that she admitted to regular use during the first 6 months, then tried to quit but was unsuccessful and continued use. idk what link I read it on but that was my take away.

You're right. I do remember reading that. Apparently my brain just isn't fully working today lol.

4d3ccc59642c5cf7a44ebce6738867ad

The mother of a South Carolina man whose dead body was found buried alongside his wife’s on a property belonging to a suspected serial killer is grieving his loss.

On Wednesday, Johnny Joe Coxie, 29, and wife Meagan Leigh McGraw Coxie, 25, of Spartanburg, were identified by authorities. On Saturday, Todd Kohlhepp, 45, allegedly said their names and pointed to their graves, after which the bodies were unearthed, Spartanburg County Coroner Rusty Clevenger said at a Wednesday press conference.

According to family friend Karyl Gaehring, Johnny’s mother, Cindy, is turning to her faith.

“She’s numb, very numb,” Gaehring says. “But she’s very stable at the same time. She feels like this was an answer.”
https://www.yahoo.com/news/mother-bodies-son-daughter-law-233049946.html

That picture of them is so eerie :(

RIP Meagan and Johnny. Justice is coming.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back