Possible Victim: Fire Island Jane Doe, UP9098, found Davis Park Apr 1996 & Ocean Parkway Apr 2011 - Karen Vergata

Are there pictures of the ankle scars? I had ankle surgery for a torn tendon and a fasciotomy recently. Would be interesting to compare to my scare.

A jogger ... yes, of course. There has been so many sad stories of women attacked while jogging recently. If this victim is one of the LISK women though, she would most likely be a sex worker. I feel like a jogger who went missing would be reported missing and she would be identified before now.

I wasn't necessarily saying that she was abducted while jogging...just that she may have been a jogger at some point in her history. Also...it's possible that this girl was reported missing and we simply haven't been able to connect her to Fire Island Jane yet.

This age progression of missing girl Patricia Taylor looks a bit like Jane Doe's sketch.

attachment.php

Fire Island Jane's legs were found in 1996, so not Patricia.

I still say Fire Island Jane looks a lot like Dawn Holt, although how she would have ended up in NY is anyone's guess.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/holt_dawn.html

You're right she looks a lot like the sketch. It looks like she went missing 5 days after the legs were found. I wonder how accurate her last seen date is? For a second I thought you got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a difference of 5 days. Close enough for error, imo.
Yeah maybe, since she was travelling and her family didn't know she was back in Maryland.

I don't see a list of exclusions on Namus. Maybe there are none. Sad.

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

Wondering if the postmortem could be wrong??

Judie Kay Lowery Munguia went missing in May 28, 1981 from Odessa, TX and to me she looks alot like Fire Island Jane Doe.

She fits the profile... 5.3" 150 lbs.

She has a scar on her left leg between the knee and ankle.

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/munguia_judie.html

There is another woman from TX that went missing in 1981 who bares a resemblance to Jane Doe #6. I will post her in that thread.

Attachments

• Capture-FIJD2.PNG
    Capture-FIJD2.PNG
    568.6 KB · Views: 157
  • Capture-FIJD1.jpg
    Capture-FIJD1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 158
Could Dawn Almo be Fire Island Doe?
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20161223_235531.jpg
    IMG_20161223_235531.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 162
Or what about Mary Kopacz?
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20161223_235554.jpg
    IMG_20161223_235554.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 272
You folks are amazing for finding all these potential matches. Are any of you working through Namus directly on these suggestions already? Or are you feeding them through to somewhere else? Just curious after listening to the life episode last week and finding out how much hard work it is for people outside of and inside Namus to generate matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about Robin Ann Vaudreuil?
Missing since April 1995 from Worcester, MA, contacted mother said she was headed to Oswego. (Oswego , NY ?). I think it's something about the eyes and mouth.

attachment.php
attachment.php

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3079dfma.html

Attachments

• TOPLdW8.jpg
    TOPLdW8.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 235
  • vaudreuil_robin2.jpg
    vaudreuil_robin2.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 240

Attachments

• IMG_20161224_220335.jpg
    IMG_20161224_220335.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 159
There's also a Oswego Place in West Babylon, NY, and that's not far from Gilgo Beach or Fire Island at all.

Thanks Super Sleuth, I have contacted NamUs with the information, see where it goes. I will post any updates.

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for the suggested match. I don't show any comparison of these having been done so I will have our panel look at it. If is proven to be a positive match, I will contact you further.

Best Regards,
Mary Bell
Tips & Potential Match Coordinator
Doe Network "International Center For Unidentified And Missing Persons”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads