Maricopa Jane Doe Thread #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from the police report.

ON WEDNESDAY JANUARY 27TH, 1999, AT ABOUT 0900 HOURS I WAS CONTACTED BY TELEPHONE BY SHAINE PARKER. SHAINE SAID HE WAS THE PERSON WHO SAW THE VICTIM COME OUT OF THE VEHICLE, AND HE WAS REQUESTING INFORMATION ON HER CONDITION. I ADVISED HIM THAT I COULD NOT RELEASE THAT INFORMATION, BUT I TOLD HIM THAT WE NEEDED TO TALK TO HIM FOR AN INTERVIEW. I ASKED IF THE PAGER NUMBER I WAS GIVEN BY DPS OFFICER GARDINIER WAS ACCURATE TO GET HOLD OF HIM, AND HE SAID IT WAS. I THEN TOLD SHAINE THAT WE WOULD BE CONTACTING HIM FOR AN INTERVIEW. SHAINE SAID THAT HE WOULD BE AVAILABLE. I THEN CONTACTED DETECTIVE TARANGO AND ADVISED HIM THAT I TALKED WITH SHAINE. DETECTIVE TARANGO ASKED ME TO CALL HIM BACK AND SET UP AN INTERVIEW. I THEN PAGED SHAINE APPROXIMATELY TWICE IN THE NEXT TWO HOURS, BUT SHAINE NEVER RETURNED THE CALL.

I want to know if the police ever did get to interview him and what did he see??? The truck driver was ahead of them looking at a mirror That's why I am still not so sure she was pushed out the window or if she was pushed out the door. The reason I am skeptical about the window theory is because she didn't really have any wounds to her hands. If she went out the window that should have been one of the first things to hit the pavement That and the front part of her face. Remember she supposedly had her head hanging out the window to throw up so she would have been face down. The back of her head received the most trauma so that's what makes me think she was pushed back wards out the door. IMO

I found a probable MySpace page for Shaine Parker. He lives in Douglas, Arizona, which is about 120 miles southwest of Tuscon (straight down I-10). PM me and I can send you the link, or if the admins say it's okay, I'll post the link here. Maybe someone can make contact with him???

Should I send this to him?

Dear Shaine,

I'm a member of an online crime sleuthing community called Websleuths. I'm working as part of a team to help identify an unidentified young woman that either jumped, fell, or was pushed out of a moving vehicle on I-10 eastbound near Sun Lakes, AZ on January 26, 1999.

If I have the correct Shaine Parker, on January 26, 1999, shortly after 2 PM, you were a witness to a young woman (about 13-17 years of age) jumping out of a vehicle on I-10 eastbound at about mile post 173.5 near Sun Lakes, AZ. The young woman lived for one day, but passed away at Scottsdale Osborn Hospital on January 27, 1999. She remains unidentified to this very day, almost 10 years later.

We are looking to connect Maricopa Jane Doe with her name. Any information that you possibly recall about this accident could be extremely useful in our quest to reunite Maricopa Jane Doe with her family. Even the most minute detail could be the detail that could possibly break this case. You are more than welcome to come join us in our quest at http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=139.

Please let me know if I have the correct Shaine Parker. If I do not, I apologize for bothering you and thank you for taking the time to read this.

Best regards,

XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

Should I send this to him?

Dear Shaine,

I'm a member of an online crime sleuthing community called Websleuths. I'm working as part of a team to help identify an unidentified young woman that either jumped, fell, or was pushed out of a moving vehicle on I-10 eastbound near Sun Lakes, AZ on January 26, 1999.

If I have the correct Shaine Parker, on January 26, 1999, shortly after 2 PM, you were a witness to a young woman (about 13-17 years of age) jumping out of a vehicle on I-10 eastbound at about mile post 173.5 near Sun Lakes, AZ. The young woman lived for one day, but passed away at Scottsdale Osborn Hospital on January 27, 1999. She remains unidentified to this very day, almost 10 years later.

We are looking to connect Maricopa Jane Doe with her name. Any information that you possibly recall about this accident could be extremely useful in our quest to reunite Maricopa Jane Doe with her family. Even the most minute detail could be the detail that could possibly break this case. You are more than welcome to come join us in our quest at http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=139.

Please let me know if I have the correct Shaine Parker. If I do not, I apologize for bothering you and thank you for taking the time to read this.

Best regards,

XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

Go for it!! If his name is spelled the exact same way then I'd say it's probably him. Let us know if you hear anything from him :clap:

Earlier people were thinking of giving MJD a name rather than calling her Maricopa Jane Doe. I thought about another unidentified girl nicknamed "Penny" cause she had pennies in her pockets when she was found. So I thought, what was unique about MJD? She didn't have anything in her possession that could be used to give her a "nickname". But she did have the blue heart tattoo. Then I remember being told that the name Cora means "heart". (I believe it is Corazon in Spanish.) Then I remembered that someone claims that MJD was possibly named Cory. I don't know, but Cora might fit. Heck, it might be a clue to her real name if the heart tattoo wasn't a branding. I know the name Cora wasn't all that popular in the 80's (when she would have been born.) But it doesn't have to mean her name was Cora, it could be the name of a special "grandmother". Just a thought.

Go for it!! If his name is spelled the exact same way then I'd say it's probably him. Let us know if you hear anything from him :clap:

It is. I'm willing to bet that it's the same guy. I'll be sure to let you guys know what he says...

Sent my message to Shaine Parker's MySpace page. I will let you all know what, if anything, he says....

It is the right Shaine Parker. Is it okay to post his response here? Or do I need his permission first? He does have info that may be pertinent to this case, but I do not want to intrude on his right to privacy... I need advice here... Someone, anyone, please let me know...

I'm not sure what the usual board/internet etiquette is but personally I'd wait until I had some type of permission from him to post his response? Just to be on the safe side, in case we want ot ask him for more help or cooperation or whatever you call it:)

ETA- also YAY! Thanks for emailing him:) Cant post fancy smileys in the edit feature but you deserve some:) I was wondering what the story was with him...

Thanks Lorelei. I'll see what he says. He seems like a very nice guy that actually cared about what happened. I invited him to our site. Hopefully, he stops by and offers his 2 cents. I will ask him if it's okay to post his reply to our site.

Shaine Parker provided me with permission to repost this. Please read from the bottom up, as my original emails begin the conversation:

Shaine: "I can't recall her saying anything, though when I first arrived she tried to get up. She was surprisingly unscratched up for coming out of a vehicle doing 75.

When I talked to the officer the following day, I was surprised when he told me she was as young as she apparently was. I thought her to be twenty-five to thirty. Prostitution wears young woman out rapidly.

Shaine
----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: 20 Jul 2008, 20:09

Shaine,

Thank you so much for your perspective on this! It's very helpful! I'm so sorry you had to witness something like this.

Do you mind if I share this with my team members at Websleuths? You're more than welcome to come help us find this girl/woman's identity... I don't necessarily believe she jumped either. I think that she may have been "helped out of the vehicle" and that the people in the car knew exactly who she was, even though they deny it. You said you held her hand. Was she cognitive? Did she say anything? Anything you might remember could help...

I finally got a copy of the police report and it seems to clear the people in the car with her. If you send me your email address (if you're even interested), I'll send you a copy of that police report for your review..

If you did hold her hand and were first on the scene, did she say ANYTHING to you? Even if it was a mumble and even if it didn't make any sense to you, it may make sense to someone else. I really want to help this woman/girl get her name back...

Thanks again...

Date: Jul 20, 2008 9:31 PM

I was driving fast in a rental Suburban. I was coming up in the fast lane when the greyish oxidized 70s or 80s model car swerved. There seemed to be a struggle going on inside, and then the woman came flying out of the passenger's window.

As I mentioned before, the car didn't even touch the brakes. That's part of the reason I believe she was pushed.

I stopped and back up to the woman and she was trying to get up. I told her not to move because she might have internal injuries. No blood was coming out of her ears., a sign of brain injury I learned to recognize in Vietnam.

Someone else stopped with a cell phone and called the authorities. I told him he could leave. He hadn't seen what happened and I had. I waited with her, holding her hand (it seemed to give her some sort of comfort) until the tribal police arrived.

I gave the information and took the officers name and number. I called the following day and discovered that they were able to stop the vehicle I described, but the officer said they claimed they were trying to keep her from jumping out. According to the officer, there was sufficient information to warrant their detention. That she jumped is bull****. The officer told he she had died from head injuries. I thought that strange because there was no blood coming out of her ears.

In some ways, I have a remarkable good memory, and I distinctly remember the officer tell me it was a Lincoln, because I had told him that I thought it was a Caddy.

Good luck on your search for her identity.

Shaine

Date: 20 Jul 2008, 18:57

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I don't know who this woman is, but from what we know, she lived for a day but was unable to provide police with any information. Did she appear to be PUSHED or do you think she jumped? If you recall at all, considering it was almost ten years ago. According to police she was a prostitute, but they believe she was well under age (13-17 years of age). Just a baby if you ask me. Like I said, I don't know this woman; I'm from Chicago, IL and felt sorry for her case, but your information is helpful.

The people she was in the car with were believed to be a pimp and another prostitute. They claim to not know anything about her, except for the fact that she was going to go to Miami with them. But according to them, she never told them her name. Bull , if you ask me. It has been said that it was a Cadillac Sedan de Ville in a dark blue color that she jumped/pushed/fell out of.

Can you please explain the circumstances that you were in the area? Was your car behind, next to, etc., their car? In your opinion, was she pushed out or fell out of the car? What did you see going on in there?

Sorry again for all of the questions. Her case really hit home for me because she resembles a cousin of mine that I lost at an early age.

I really appreciate you getting back to me, Shaine, and hope that you'll join us at Websleuths

Date: Jul 20, 2008 8:42 PM

I did see a young woman being pushed out of a Lincoln Continental. I was able to give authorities enough information to stop the vehicle. It happened fast and at high speed. I can't say for sure whether she was pushed for shoved.

The Lincoln didn't didn't even touch the brakes. The young woman was a bleached blonde with heavily made up eyes and was wearing s short skirt and had nothing on underneath it. She carried a small purse which open and was stuffed with condoms.

She tried to get up, but had a spacey look to her eyes.

I think the best bet is to match her photo with women who had been picked up for prostitution in Phoenix and other large southwest metropolitan areas.

I thought she had been identified.

The incident really shook me up.

I hope the little information I am able to give you here is of help.

Shaine

If you think I can possibly provide you more information, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Date: 20 Jul 2008, 18:13

Dear Shaine,

We are looking to connect Maricopa Jane Doe with her name. Any information that you possibly recall about this accident could be extremely useful in our quest to reunite Maricopa Jane Doe with her family. Even the most minute detail could be the detail that could possibly break this case......... You are more than welcome to come join us in our quest at ..........http://www
........... websleuths. com/forums/forumdisplay......... php?f=139.....

Best regards

Wow Dee, thanks for being such a good sleuther and getting Shaine to feel comfortable contacting you. Awesome information. So we can definitely say that she was a prostitute. I wonder if she was indeed closer to 25+ years of age? That could make a difference in our search for her identity.

:clap::clap::clap: Thank you, Dee, for going for it with Shaine! Based on what he has to say, seems LE definitely did not go all out investigating this incident. That Tribal LE was first on the scene concerns me in terms of thoroughness. That means it happened on tribal land and from what I've learned, they do not necessarily go above and beyond. The purse full of condoms does seem to confirm that MJD was a prostitute, but now I really do wonder about her age. Somehow, it makes me sadder that she was trying to get up. I know his name came up in the police report, but obviously, they did NOT question him any further. He clearly believes that she was thrown or pushed out of the car and that there was some type of struggle going on beforehand. IMO - Alonzo and Lindsey got off waaaaaay easy. No wonder she's reluctant to talk about it now. I'm going to put Elena Soldatova back in the hat here (see Possible Matches thread). Suzi Dodt said she was too old, but I don't think we can be certain of that now!

I am so happy that you found him on myspace Dee. I asked FMW several times to find out if they ever did get to interview him. I knew he had to know something since he was the first one to her. I was going to contact LE myself and ask if they ever tried to contact Shaine again but didn't because I know they didn't want a bunch of people bothering the LE It breaks my heart knowing that she tried to get up The poor thing. I have always said that she got pushed out of the car and I know not everybody agreed with me. I hope Shaine joins us here so we can ask him some questions This might be the big break we need to solve who MJD really is.

If Shaine saw her purse then where did it go to?? It might of had her ID in it. That should have been one of the first things LE should have looked for. I have wondered all along if this was never solved because of discrepancies in procedures Why didn't the police try to contact Shaine again?? It seems to me I read some place that the department that handled this was fairly new.

THE PURSE!!!! Exactly what I was thinking, no mention of her having a purse in any reports, but now we have a witness that saw the purse. Where IS IT, AND what else was in it other than condoms. I say this due to the fact why would it be so important for her to got out the window with the purse. Seems like something much more valuable to her than condoms might have been in there.

I wonder if they were struggling for the Rolex or ???? gun?? hmmm.....

Oh one other thing I thought of this weekend about the lack of hand injuries. As we were going along the interstate I was thinking what if Someone had a gun on me and were going to shoot me I think I Would take my chances and try and jump to its either I AM FOR SURE GOING TO DIE BY THIS GUN OR, I MIGHT have a CHANCE if I tried to jump......

So, I thought Ok Im going to jump now and the FIRST THING TO ACROSS MY MIND WAS PROCTECT MY HEAD, I had always thought I would throw my arms out for to catch myself but my first thought was grab my head with both arms over my head......and Im not saying she jumped at all...

But I think this is why not so many hand injuries or face injuries. And to me the one face injury on her lip looks like she was struck across the face by someone......

No wonder Lindsey wont talk.... and for some reason I thought the name MARCI for her

PS I AM SO excited you located this witness that is just AWESOME good work and thanks....

Has anyone had any luck finding Robin Angers she might also have info that could really help us she was one of the ONLY people in the original report that knew much of anything and was very forthcoming with the info.....We have questions she might not have been asked originally

Great sleuthing Dee! Perhaps this would be enough information to get someone else in LE looking at it again.

"And to me the one face injury on her lip looks like she was struck across the face by someone......"

The ME specificially stated the injury to her mouth was caused at the hospital and was not part of the initial injuries. I believe it is on the ME's report which is updated every once in a while.

"And to me the one face injury on her lip looks like she was struck across the face by someone......"

The ME specificially stated the injury to her mouth was caused at the hospital and was not part of the initial injuries. I believe it is on the ME's report which is updated every once in a while.

I thought they meant to clear up what people were indicating was a SCAR on her face was done at the hospital, for the longest time people thought that was a LONG scar from her mouth up, But It was Probably remints of the tape they use to hold the resperator in place etc....

Mayeb IM wrong but I didnt think they were referring to the fat lip

I thought they meant to clear up what people were indicating was a SCAR on her face was done at the hospital, for the longest time people thought that was a LONG scar from her mouth up, But It was Probably remints of the tape they use to hold the resperator in place etc....

Mayeb IM wrong but I didnt think they were referring to the fat lip

This was my thought too. I think it was to indicate that the Scar/tape mark on her mouth and cheek area were from a medical procedure not the fat lip. I cant see her getting a fat lip from any kind of medical procedure or life saving tactics used on her. IMO it looks like she was punched in the mouth.

ETA ..Awesome job Dee!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member