AL AL - Merl Reed, 63, Birmingham, 5 April 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Merl Joseph Reed, 63, came to UAB Hospital from Alexander City on*the 5th, and stepped outside the ER to smoke but never returned. The person that reported Reed missing is concerned because he is partially blind, with one glass eye, and physically unable to walk far without assistance.

9f68cadda9cfb91b2b74a7a16169ecd1.jpg

http://wiat.com/2017/04/12/birmingh...ly-blind-missing-senior-with-mobility-issues/

My girlfriend works at UAB and I'm there often. The chance of robbery/abduction without witnesses is slim unless it was 3 in the morning.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

It was 1pm. Jimmy Hale Mission might be a place he'd end up. He's a cook on 3rd shift in a town two hours away. I think he walked away on his own.

Ok... I contacted 3 shelters in the downtown Birmingham area near UAB. To my complete surprise, none of them were aware of this missing gentleman. None of them had a photograph. They told me they would look it up online and print one. Whether they actually do... I have no idea. Chances are if he is disoriented, he's been to one of those shelters. Makes me wonder if the police even bother checking. One of the missions was completely rude and uninterested... until I tore into them.

Jimmie Hale Mission
Salvation Army Mission
Firehouse Mission

Photos
2c9f11f02c6e43ea45fe8499c027205b.jpg
98d721afba595c1ee91c7f755aa8a08e.jpg

Ok... I contacted 3 shelters in the downtown Birmingham area near UAB. To my complete surprise, none of them were aware of this missing gentleman. None of them had a photograph. They told me they would look it up online and print one. Whether they actually do... I have no idea. Chances are if he is disoriented, he's been to one of those shelters. Makes me wonder if the police even bother checking. One of the missions was completely rude and uninterested... until I tore into them.

Jimmie Hale Mission
Salvation Army Mission
Firehouse Mission

So sad.

My girlfriend works at UAB and I'm there often. The chance of robbery/abduction without witnesses is slim unless it was 3 in the morning.

It can happen I recall all the way back to the 80's two blocks from UAB robberies occurred. All thou you are correct it was very late night . Oh the memories of fun in Southside, Purple Onion, the circuit , lol

East of UAB it can become sketchy ....

Jimmie H is the 1st place I would think of.... Cannot believe they had not received any type of notice of the MP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a questions for those who mightbe familiar with UAB hospital. I know it's near downtown, and encompasses several buildings in the area" does anyone know exactly which buildning he went missing from? I have a friend/family member who runs a homeless ministry in downtown Birmingham and want to send her a link to the poster without some information. That should be with. Info. My keyboard won't let me backspace"

I have a questions for those who mightbe familiar with UAB hospital. I know it's near downtown, and encompasses several buildings in the area" does anyone know exactly which buildning he went missing from? I have a friend/family member who runs a homeless ministry in downtown Birmingham and want to send her a link to the poster without some information. That should be with. Info. My keyboard won't let me backspace"
Emergency

Contacted her and sent her the link with the article and his picture.

Was it one of the missions I contacted earlier today?

The reason I ask is I would surely like to register a complaint with the gentleman who answer the phone LOL

This is probably not Merl, but thought I would post here:

Partial human remains found by hikers near the Cahaba River

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is investigating after hikers discovered human remains along a creek bank near the Cahaba River Saturday afternoon.

According to Deputy Randy Christian, the hikers were in the wooded area behind the Cahaba Forest Cove neighborhood in southern Jefferson County when they found the remains. They exited the woods and called the Sheriff’s Office.

Christian says the remains are so badly decomposed that is was not possible to determine race or gender at the scene.
http://wiat.com/2017/05/22/partial-h...-cahaba-river/

It's about 9 miles from the UAB Hospital: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/UAB...504b4!2m2!1d-86.7068414!2d33.4324653?hl=en-US

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back