Found Safe TN - Amanda Manley Crout, 31, & 4 children, Lexington, 28 May 2017

MelInTN

Reaction score
According to a TBI release, the children and their mother,*31-year-old Amanda Manley Crout, were taken at gunpoint at 3:50 a.m. Sunday morning by*Octivas Crout, father of Tayvious and Damaryous.*

They are believed to be in the mother's vehicle, a dark brown 2010 Hyundai Sonata with TN plates 856QDG......more at link

kidnapped-gunpoint-lexington/352166001/

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

Normally I wouldn't care about this, I am not judging anyone especially the victim. But to establish OC's state of mind, it does seem the children have alternating fathers. Why would he take them all? My guess is this will not end well.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

LEXINGTON, Tenn. (WVLT) - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has issued an Amber Alert for four children and their mother who were kidnapped at gunpoint in Lexington, Tennessee.

TBI issued an Amber Alert for Amanda Manley Crout, 31, and her four children, Amaylah Manley, two; Adrik Manley, eight; Tayvious Crout, three; and Damaryious Crout, one.

octavis+crout.JPG

http://www.wymt.com/content/news/AM...apped-at-gunpoint-in-Tennessee-424942034.html

They have been found thankfully.

Normally I wouldn't care about this, I am not judging anyone especially the victim. But to establish OC's state of mind, it does seem the children have alternating fathers. Why would he take them all? My guess is this will not end well.

In some cases, the alternation you notice is related to incarceration.

Or she just didn't put his name on some of the birth certificates because they were fighting at the time.

They don't have another mans name. They all either have hers or his. So maybe he was incarcerated when 1 and 3 were born, or they were broken up.

The two with his last name also share parts of his first name. Another potential indicator he was around when they were born.

Good grief, I was not expecting this!

Man and woman charged with kidnapping after AMBER Alert

Amanda Crout has also been charged with filing a false report, neglect, aggravated child abuse and accessory after the fact.
Octivas Crout is charged with aggravated burglary in addition to kidnapping.

http://wkrn.com/2017/05/29/man-and-woman-charged-with-kidnapping-after-amber-alert/

With all of the lies LE has to sift through, sometimes I wonder how they do their job as well as they do! SMDH
Stories like this make me angry. Those poor children.

Good grief, I was not expecting this!

Man and woman charged with kidnapping after AMBER Alert

Amanda Crout has also been charged with filing a false report, neglect, aggravated child abuse and accessory after the fact.
Octivas Crout is charged with aggravated burglary in addition to kidnapping.

http://wkrn.com/2017/05/29/man-and-woman-charged-with-kidnapping-after-amber-alert/

With all of the lies LE has to sift through, sometimes I wonder how they do their job as well as they do! SMDH
Stories like this make me angry. Those poor children.

Well, color me confused....

Well, color me confused....

Same here. In fact, I'm so confused that I'm not sure I really made the point I was trying to in my last post. I'm not angry about an AA being issued, just that mom was apparently not a victim and instead a perp. Gah! :scared:

Same here. In fact, I'm so confused that I'm not sure I really made the point I was trying to in my last post. I'm not angry about an AA being issued, just that mom was apparently not a victim and instead a perp. Gah! :scared:

I understood. :)

I'm really having a hard time trying to figure out a motive... What where they trying to accomplish??

I understood. :)

I'm really having a hard time trying to figure out a motive... What where they trying to accomplish??

Absolutely no idea without more information. Where does the aggravated burglary come in? Was mom trying to exact revenge on dad for something and in the process dug her own grave?

I remember being shocked the first time I encountered an AA where it turned out there was never a child missing, or even worse, the "missing" child didn't even exist. Those were stolen cars and the people thought they would get their car recovered faster if they said there was a child in it, and they probably did. So at least the motive was apparent there, albeit absurd and criminal. In the rare instance where I'm shocked at an outcome, I wonder why. So much crazy stuff goes on that the majority of us can't comprehend (thank goodness!).

Hopefully the justice system will take care of these two for whatever they did, and the children are in a safe and loving home. Good to see you, JE! Hope you are doing well! :)

ETA: no links for the aforementioned cases, they were here on WS though

[h=1]Court documents: Amber Alert suspect held wife at gunpoint[/h]
LEXINGTON — The mother of three children kidnapped early Sunday morning allegedly lied to police and she did not know who abducted her kids at gunpoint, authorities say.

Amanda Crout, 31, is charged with accessory after the fact to especially aggravated kidnapping and filing a false report after she told police and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation agents that an unknown person had kidnapped her and her four young children at gunpoint.
"She provided a false statement by describing an unknown suspect and denying having any knowledge of Mr. Octivas Crout, her husband, who committed the act of violence against her and the victims," according to court documents.
Court documents say a witness saw Crout holding his wife at gunpoint outside her home on Smith Avenue before he told Amanda Crout to go get the kids.

Crout hit his wife in the head with the gun, and then left the house with his wife and four kids in Amanda Crout's car, according to court documents.
http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...r-alert-suspect-held-wife-gunpoint/354397001/

JMO, but I think in this case she lied because she was afraid of him. IMO, she should have been more scared for her kids' safety and told the police everything but maybe she figured he would not harm them and she didn't want him to go to prison. It's hard to understand the mentality of an abused woman towards her abuser but we see it time and again where a woman will cover for the man who beats her and go back to him again and again until he kills her. I really feel for her, but I hope she is kept locked up long enough to save her life. I hope he goes away for a long, long time so he can't hurt those babies. And finally, I hope the kids get a shot at a happy life in a family that loves them. JMO.

Or she just didn't put his name on some of the birth certificates because they were fighting at the time.

They don't have another mans name. They all either have hers or his. So maybe he was incarcerated when 1 and 3 were born, or they were broken up.

The two with his last name also share parts of his first name. Another potential indicator he was around when they were born.

I hate it when children have to endure their parents' relationship drama. If you can't give children a stable, loving home life, then don't procreate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back