Ghost Hunters Warn Others Not To Make Same Mistake

Donjeta

Adji Desir, missing from Florida
Reaction score
Another senseless tragedy. Please everybody be careful so you don't join the ghosts you're hunting.

IREDELL CO., NC -- Almost one year ago a man was hit and killed by a real train while searching for a legendary ghost train. Approaching the anniversary of his death and the so-called urban legend that led to his death, law enforcement officials and the victim's friends are warning others not to make the same mistake.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/28969279/detail.html?cxntlid=cmg_cntnt_rss

I dont understand why they didnt hear the train, and then why didnt the feel the train coming on the tracks. Not that it would have helped because there would be no where to go.

The girl said they turned arround an saw a light..They really shoud have had time to all jump,unless they were playing chicken ,or he just froze.

I dont understand why they didnt hear the train, and then why didnt the feel the train coming on the tracks. Not that it would have helped because there would be no where to go.

The girl said they turned arround an saw a light..They really shoud have had time to all jump,unless they were playing chicken ,or he just froze.

I grew up around RR tracks and trains are a lot less loud than you think. If it was an Amtrak train then it could be next to silent. A friend of mine was walking home from my house one night and it was customary to cut across the tracks. When he went to cross there was a caboose on one set of the tracks. There were three different sets. The guy in the caboose tells him to hold on a trains coming. My friend being a know it all teenager at the time thought he meant a freight train because he didn't see or hear anything. In a flash an Amtrak train came around the curve and he had to grab on to the railings of the caboose to keep from being sucked in.

He heard the caboose guy get a call and laughing saying the kid was scared (insert word for poo poo)less but he was ok otherwise.

And yes, :sigh: I realize how old it makes me to say that the train had a caboose on it.

I remember as a teen there was a cement lean to thing where people could wait for trains . We used to sit in there at night and pretned we were cool ..wait for the fast trains to go by . It was scary thrilling . Wouldnt want to die that way

Steely I grew up near the tracks too.

On a cement bridge 40 feet in the air, the bridge would vibrate in the rails. not to mention when the train entered the bridge no way anyone is missing that. He might not have had time but no way did they not know that train was coming.IMO.

The guy in the caboose was on the track and felt it ,like the kids were on the track.

Steely I grew up near the tracks too.

On a cement bridge 40 feet in the air, the bridge would vibrate in the rails. not to mention when the train entered the bridge no way anyone is missing that. He might not have had time but no way did they not know that train was coming.IMO.

The guy in the caboose was on the track and felt it ,like the kids were on the track.

I think the guy in the caboose had been told the train was coming. JMO

I grew up around RR tracks and trains are a lot less loud than you think. If it was an Amtrak train then it could be next to silent. A friend of mine was walking home from my house one night and it was customary to cut across the tracks. When he went to cross there was a caboose on one set of the tracks. There were three different sets. The guy in the caboose tells him to hold on a trains coming. My friend being a know it all teenager at the time thought he meant a freight train because he didn't see or hear anything. In a flash an Amtrak train came around the curve and he had to grab on to the railings of the caboose to keep from being sucked in.

He heard the caboose guy get a call and laughing saying the kid was scared (insert word for poo poo)less but he was ok otherwise.

And yes, :sigh: I realize how old it makes me to say that the train had a caboose on it.[/QUOTE]

What?? They don't use cabooses anymore?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back