Searches

I'd be surprised if they found anything on Wantagh parkway. There is a bike path on the shoulder that is used by many people in the summer - walkers and bikers alike.

Also, there's been a lot of construction. I have to research it but someone was killed on the shoulder a year or so ago and they were supposed to at some point put up guardrails.

I'm curious to know just what exactly is prompting LE to search this stretch of Wantagh Parkway. Was something spotted with the FBI aerial imaging, or are they following up on a lead?

What loop do you mean, Just K?

Wantagh is a hamlet in Hempstead Town, which contains 22 villages and 37 hamlets, including one called Hempstead Village. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hempstead_(town),_New_York

Wantagh Parkway is the main road to Jones Beach. One could also take Meadowbrook Parkway, but the straight shot is Wantagh Pkwy. It is a very heavily travelled road year round. It is definitely not like Ocean Pkwy.

I doubt anything will be found. JMO.

What loop do you mean, Just K?

Wantagh is a hamlet in Hempstead Town, which contains 22 villages and 37 hamlets, including one called Hempstead Village. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hempstead_(town),_New_York

Wantagh Parkway is the main road to Jones Beach. One could also take Meadowbrook Parkway, but the straight shot is Wantagh Pkwy. It is a very heavily travelled road year round. It is definitely not like Ocean Pkwy.

I doubt anything will be found. JMO.

The loop that some here have mapped out starting at NYC to Jones Beach to West Islip and back to NYC.

The loop that some here have mapped out starting at NYC to Jones Beach to West Islip and back to NYC.

What is the significance of the loop? Can you post a link?

I'd like to see where NYC came into this. We don't have any idea where the SK came from. Could have been from Montauk for all we know.

I'd like to see where NYC came into this. We don't have any idea where the SK came from. Could have been from Montauk for all we know.

NIX Eliza to that loop :floorlaugh:

I was running some numbers based on a victim map I have. So let me start. The first 4 bodies were found aprox. 500 feet appart. My theory goes if MBB is the first in the group, most likely placed furthest West, then 500ft east is MB, then 500ft east MW, then 500ft east Alc and 500ft east un ID'd body. After that it is water. So it struck me it's not a 4 group, it is a 5 group. So grand total of 2000ft spread. I was testing a water bound dumping theory, and to better grasp how far that is to carry a body thru the brush I wanted to put it in yards. How many yards is that? 666yds. That is a long haul, so my water bound theory is out the window. But what if that is of signifigance. 5 bodies, 500ft appart total 2000ft, or 666yds. Maybe a co-inki-dink. Maybe not.

This is a map that Carbuff or another poster developed by plotting all the known last sightings, cell phone records, body locations, etc. If you plot all of these things you end up with almost a perfect loop with NYC to the West, Jones & Oak Beach to the South, Robert Moses Causeway to the East and heading north and then west back to NYC. In the center is Garden City and Hempstead.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...254089&sspn=0.882174,2.469177&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=9

Not to harp on the good doc and his kin but today, researching other things, stumbled on a CJH with a connection to Garden City. Don't know if it is the doc's father or his son (same name, I think)...if related to CPH, it is more likely it's a previous residence of PH's father. Can't help but to wonder if, with this latest search area, LE isn't trying to rule out the doc and any of his next of kin.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/05/02/new.york.bodies/

New York State, Environmental, Park and Nassau County police departments will search Nassau County Monday, temporarily closing five miles of one of the three major roadways that connect to the barrier island where the remains have been found, according to a police statement.

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/05/02/search-for-human-remains-continues-on-wantagh-parkway/
New York State police announced Monday morning more details on their search of the southern part of the Wantagh State Parkway for more possible human remains related to the Ocean Parkway homicides. “The New York State police will utilize police cadaver dogs, a specialized search team for rugged terrain, a helicopter, forensic investigators and several search police teams with the assistance of some of the local Nassau County fire departments,” said New York State Police Captain David Candelaria.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/wantagh-search-over-robert-moses-next-1.2851228

From article:
"No human remains were discovered in the latest police search for evidence in the case of a suspected serial killer, authorities said after concluding the search Monday afternoon.

The search will continue Tuesday morning, moving from the southern portion of Wantagh State Parkway to "the southern portion of the Robert Moses Causeway from Ocean Parkway to the southern end of the main-span bridge," State Police said in a news release.

State Police, assisted by Suffolk police, state park police and state environmental conservation police, will begin Tuesday's search at about 8:30 a.m. The causeway, from Montauk Highway to Ocean Parkway, "will be closed for an indeterminate amount of time" and access to Captree and Robert Moses state parks will be exclusively from Ocean Parkway, State Police said."

My sister Judy has been missing 31 years (11-30-1980) -- I was thinking about the LI Serial Killer last night, since it was the anniversary of my sister's disappearance. (and we aren't any closer to finding her) Here's a link to her story that ran on the front cover of the LI Press last August: http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/08/18/still-looking-for-judy-judith-erin-odonnell/

I wonder, based on the bodies found on Giglio Beach, if there are more -- if the bodies that washed up are just a small portion of bodies that are lying silent at the bottom of the sound? It was a really disturbing image that I had last night. I just wanted to share it. Who knows how long this person (persons?) has been at it -- and where, if there are more, the bodies are?

Is it possible -- that a storm washed up the bodies found last year? And that there are more waiting to be found?

I'm so used to posting in forums where people know me and my sister's story -- she was a prostitute, lived in the City, was part runaway, part spirited soul, she was 19 when she vanished, there wasn't any cooperation between LE agencies with respect to UIDs at the time -- I'm grasping at straws, but that's all I've got to grab. When the LISK story broke I had so much morose hope that one of the victims would be ID'd as my sister - the whole package fit. I really do wonder if a strong storm washed those bodies up from somewhere else and if there are more from wherever they were resting.

My sister Judy has been missing 31 years (11-30-1980) -- I was thinking about the LI Serial Killer last night, since it was the anniversary of my sister's disappearance. (and we aren't any closer to finding her) Here's a link to her story that ran on the front cover of the LI Press last August: http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/08/18/still-looking-for-judy-judith-erin-odonnell/

I wonder, based on the bodies found on Giglio Beach, if there are more -- if the bodies that washed up are just a small portion of bodies that are lying silent at the bottom of the sound? It was a really disturbing image that I had last night. I just wanted to share it. Who knows how long this person (persons?) has been at it -- and where, if there are more, the bodies are?

Is it possible -- that a storm washed up the bodies found last year? And that there are more waiting to be found?

Judy'sSisterMaureen, My condolences to you and your family on your dear sis's anniversary of her disappearance. I know it must be hard not to have any answers and I commend you for continuing your search for all these years and not giving up on finding her.

Yes, I would think it is possible that more bodies could wash up as the storms churn the bottom of the sound and the tides ebb and flow.

You are right. There's no telling how long this killer has been doing these evil deeds.

What is kept in the dark will eventually come to light, I hope.

wm

The Sound is on the north shore of Long Island. Gilgo and Oak Beach are on the south shore. If they are going to look in the water it would be in the Atlantic Ocean or, possibly, Great South Bay.

The Sound is on the north shore of Long Island. Gilgo and Oak Beach are on the south shore. If they are going to look in the water it would be in the Atlantic Ocean or, possibly, Great South Bay.
Hi Eliza, I thought the Gilgo Beach Park was on the South shore and that Gilgo Beach on the North side of the island which is the side of the Ocean Parkway where the bodies were found. IMO

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&c...esult&ct=image&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CDEQ8gEwAA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme
Back