Hurricane Harvey - August 2017 #2

Too late for me to find this post. But hearing out with kind of like, they are having crisis with gas and with all those news also with auto hail damage repair Arlington tx is nerve wracking.

Has anyone heard from Geevee and BFMD? Even just a quick check in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i haven't seen either of them posting here but they may have done so on the other thread, Irma perhaps. I hope they are both ok.

Help 4 Hurricane Relief telethon raises $430,239

DETROIT - Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit*are proud to announce Tuesday's all-day "Help 4 Hurricane Relief" telethon raised a grand total $430,239.*

This money will be donated to the*American Red Cross relief efforts*for hurricane devastation in Texas, and if needed, in Florida. Hurricane Irma is the second-strongest storm ever recorded in the Atlantic Ocean, and has the entire state of Florida on high alert... *

https://www.clickondetroit.com/station/help-4-hurricane-relief-telethon-raises-430239

Has anyone had contact with our Texan sleuthers who haven't posted in awhile?

Has anyone had contact with our Texan sleuthers who haven't posted in awhile?

No, and I'm worried! I've checked their pages and their last posts were two weeks ago. :(

No, and I'm worried! I've checked their pages and their last posts were two weeks ago. :(

Do you think their power is down? Did they vacate at the last minute and have no reception so are unable to post? There's more than two Texans haven't posted in a while, it's very worrying.

Glad to see others are here, waiting and watching for other Harvey members. I have tried to keep my eyes out for the ones I know may have been affected. Sure wish we had started a lost of members for this one.

Anyone have a good update on the current conditions for zusrvey cleanup/power restore, etc?

Members .... please pop in when you can to update on your status.

Hi y'all. I'm in Houston. I used to follow and post here, but haven't in awhile. People were asking for updates. My house flooded, 3 feet inside and we lost everything. Luckily we got out before it came in and went to a friends house. We flooded last year on the tax day flood so I had enough sense to get out. But all my neighbors had to be boat rescued. We are now in a small rental home with the few things we have left. My doggies are ok. My 19 yo son went back to work, and my 15 yo daughter is back at school. The first days and weeks we're back breaking trying to rip out Sheetrock and spray everything down. I was fortunate in that having been through this before I knew what to do. Also thank goodness this time we had flood insurance. This town is full of the most loving and giving people and we have had so much community support. If there's anything else you want to know, I'll try to answer. It is very overwhelming and traumatic. Time will hopefully make things better.

Aww, txanmom, I am so sorry you lost so much, but thankful your physical lives are intact. How horrifying this must have been for all of you. Glad to know you had insurance that will help you rebuild. There is a lot of labor ahead ... keep us posted on how it goes for you, if you can.

:grouphug:

Hi txnmom, sorry your going through such a hard time. I guess the harder times are ahead with the clear up. Thankfully you and yours have flood insurance which must be a huge weight off your mind. Good luck to you in the coming weeks, don't forget to pop back and let us know how things are going xx

Has anyone heard from Geevee, BFMD, or Bootsctr?

Thanks for the thread link Spellbound, I couldn't find it when I was able to get back online (such a sleuther I am :eek:). I had the link saved but it's on my regular computer, in the garage, maybe missing me as much as I am it (if it's still alive).

We weren't flooded by Harvey per se, the release of water from Addick's reservoir did us in though, 5 or 6 inches in the house, wrecked nearly everything, esp. since they kept it flooded with the continual release for days (the smell was just ungodly).

We're still in a motel while the house is being put back together, drywall, painting, woodwork and doors are nearly done, flooring, kitchen and bathrooms coming next, hopefully next week it'll be done enough for us to move back. The contractor is hurrying as much as he can.

Fema hasn't scheduled an inspection yet though the contractor told us someone from Fema was going house to house down our street and videoing the fronts of houses a few days ago. I don't think anyone in our subdivision had flood insurance because we lived near a reservoir that kept waters draining very well but that proximity led to our doom. :| Our insurance company was very sympathetic but of course denied any coverage.

I hope Bootsctr is alright, I had a note from her but no reply to my response early this month.

BFMD is missing too? Darn, hope she's okay as well.

Aww, geevee, I am so sorry for your inconvenience. And no insurance to help with such a major "repair". But I am surprised you are getting it done so quickly --- though I imagine it isn't fast enough for you. Lordy, just the hotel expense would do me in (hope they gave you a break ... tho not likely).

Oh oh -- my gosh ... then you have to get all replacement appliances, furniture .... everything? is your home one-story layout, or do you have an upper floor that stayed dry and kept at least some of your possessions dry? Egads .... the more I think about the worse I feel for you (and anyone else in this situation).

Hope you come back and keep us updated on your progress. If it did this to your home, I imagine there were very, very many others in a similar situation. Water ruined homes, insurance .... how can they all possibly afford to repair/replace?

I will look on the "bright" side ---- thank goodness you are well and do not have to rebuild an entire house with no insurance. You have a home to return to in a relatively short time.

I am so very sorry for what you are going through. But the stories you can pass down through the family now.

:hug:

Thanks for the thread link Spellbound, I couldn't find it when I was able to get back online (such a sleuther I am :eek:). I had the link saved but it's on my regular computer, in the garage, maybe missing me as much as I am it (if it's still alive).

We weren't flooded by Harvey per se, the release of water from Addick's reservoir did us in though, 5 or 6 inches in the house, wrecked nearly everything, esp. since they kept it flooded with the continual release for days (the smell was just ungodly).

We're still in a motel while the house is being put back together, drywall, painting, woodwork and doors are nearly done, flooring, kitchen and bathrooms coming next, hopefully next week it'll be done enough for us to move back. The contractor is hurrying as much as he can.

Fema hasn't scheduled an inspection yet though the contractor told us someone from Fema was going house to house down our street and videoing the fronts of houses a few days ago. I don't think anyone in our subdivision had flood insurance because we lived near a reservoir that kept waters draining very well but that proximity led to our doom. :| Our insurance company was very sympathetic but of course denied any coverage.

I hope Bootsctr is alright, I had a note from her but no reply to my response early this month.

BFMD is missing too? Darn, hope she's okay as well.

Geevee! I have been so worried! I knew you said you were going to leave but I didn't know if you got out in time.

I suspect the no flood insurance is why my mom is having to pay for her roof. I will have to ask and see if they can find some other assistance, they are both in their 70's and don't need to be worried about paying for a roof.

I was talking to Bootsctr and then two weeks ago she stopped responding. I'm worried about her. And yes, BFMD, haven't heard from her in three weeks! That's very concerning! Hopefully, someone knows how to get in touch with them and just let us know they are okay.

It's a one storey ranch Spellbound, most furniture ruined, all lower cabs in kitchen and bathrooms, doors, etc., we have a guy and his crew who has done work on the house for us before so he's trusted and hurrying along as quickly as he can.

We went to our next door neighbor's the evening the water started coming into the house, they have a two storey and we all stayed upstairs, the next morning, when the water kept slowly rising we were evacuated on a big truck to dry land and went with our neighbor to her Dad's house about 40 miles away in horse country. lol

We stayed 5 days, such lovely people to put us up for so long, then finally got a motel room, we had signed up with Fema and approved for short-term housing but all the Fema-list motel rooms were booked so paid out of pocket for 9 days then got a fema motel room with a tiny kitchen, where we are now.

Thanks totesmagoat, we thought we were going to get lucky and not get it in the house (or have to leave), the houses closer to the end of the street only had it in their yards but luck was not on our side. Our insurance said if the water had come from the top down it would have been covered, the adjuster inspected the roof for any leaks but it was obvious the water came from the reservoir release 'bottom up' so no coverage. Has your Mom's roof been inspected by her home owner's insurance people? Maybe it'll be covered and they'll have one less expense to worry about.

Finding furniture in stock is tricky, going to try Ikea, which ought to be interesting since I'm not really a Thoroughly (or even barely) Modern Millie. lol

I sure hope Bootsctr and BFMD check in soon and let us know what's going on with them, it's awfully concerning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back