NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maura's family has spoken with this young woman, and I believe it was either a misunderstanding or something taken out of context. I don't know for sure what, but I do know that the family has spoken to her. (Sorry, it's late and I can't remember more than this at the moment.)

Aah, ok. Thanks.

I feel so useless to this case. Everything I learn is wrong or misconstrued. I hope this case gets solved.

OT a little but i just realized something coincidental....
I have followed the cases of:

1. Jodi Huisentruit
2. Lauren Giddings
3. Lauren Spierer
4. Maura Murray
5. Brittanee Drexel

It seems all 5 of them have some serious movements/developments happening now...

I wonder if there is something cosmically to explain that? (i SOO miss the forensic astrology forum)

Okay, here's a possible destination (tucked into James' blog entry, but not emphasized):

"Their favorite place to stay the night was at the Jigger Johnson Campground. Jigger Johnson is on Highway 112 (aka Wild Ammanoosuc Rd., about forty-five minutes East from where Maura's car was found). It's the only campsite in that area with showers and it is open year round for a small fee." (my bold)

I feel so useless to this case. Everything I learn is wrong or misconstrued. I hope this case gets solved.

We ALL feel so useless in this case. And that's one of the problems with it--is that there are so few facts that are known, so we all sit around and rehash things until we forget what's real and what's speculated. I'm not criticizing you for this (I hope you didn't think I ever was, because I wasn't!) we've all been doing it for more than seven years now.

Right now--for quite a number of years, actually--I've felt like the only use I can possibly be, other than to maintain my presence for support, so that the family and her friends know she's not forgotten--is to keep trying to correct factual errors where I do see them.

The past two or three years, especially, since the forums on her web site have been shut down, have been completely overrun with weird information, and rumors passing as fact. It's enough to make your head spin, isn't it!

Don't feel useless. Just be here for Maura. Keep hoping, and keep posting--every person counts, right? I mean, I have to believe that. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered to sign up for this board so long after her disappearance.

Okay, here's a possible destination (tucked into James' blog entry, but not emphasized):

"Their favorite place to stay the night was at the Jigger Johnson Campground. Jigger Johnson is on Highway 112 (aka Wild Ammanoosuc Rd., about forty-five minutes East from where Maura's car was found). It's the only campsite in that area with showers and it is open year round for a small fee." (my bold)

It could be a possible destination if Maura didn't know that it's closed during winter months from mid-October to late May. Renner got his facts wrong.

It could be a possible destination if Maura didn't know that it's closed during winter months from mid-October to late May. Renner got his facts wrong.

Why do you say this? He links to the campground's website and the campground says it is open year round.

Why do you say this? He links to the campground's website and the campground says it is open year round.

Probably because if you google the campground, you pull up some aggregator sites (i.e. listings of all campgrounds) that indicate it is not open year-round, but what appears to be the official site says it is.

Someone should just call the campground and ask. Even better, ask when they were open in 2004.

Kancamagus Highway Campgrounds
Only 2 campgrounds are open year-round, the Jigger Johnson and The Blackberry .

http://www.kancamagushighway.com/campgrounds/index.htm

Both required registration into the campground, which would mean there could be a record of that; most probably it was checked out already? Also, i dont think Maura had the camping equipment required to get a spot(tent, vehicle, etc.). If anything i would think she would try to get a cabin to sleep in, as they, apparently, are open all year round.

http://www.recreation.gov/campsiteC...ate=08/16/2011&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=75091

But you have to bring your own bedding, according to the website.

http://www.kancamagushighway.com/cabins/index.htm

Again, there would be a record of that if she had. Unless of course, Maura just headed off into
some kind of closed or restricted area, as to avoid detection.

Still, she would have had quite a run to get there, again, without being detected? It seems hardly possible.

Kancamagus Highway Campgrounds
Only 2 campgrounds are open year-round, the Jigger Johnson and The Blackberry .

http://www.kancamagushighway.com/campgrounds/index.htm

Both required registration into the campground, which would mean there could be a record of that; most probably it was checked out already? Also, i dont think Maura had the camping equipment required to get a spot(tent, vehicle, etc.). If anything i would think she would try to get a cabin to sleep in, as they, apparently, are open all year round.

http://www.recreation.gov/campsiteC...ate=08/16/2011&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=75091

But you have to bring your own bedding, according to the website.

http://www.kancamagushighway.com/cabins/index.htm

Again, there would be a record of that if she had. Unless of course, Maura just headed off into
some kind of closed or restricted area, as to avoid detection.

Still, she would have had quite a run to get there, again, without being detected? It seems hardly possible.

I wasn't speculating that she ever got there (seems highly unlikely), but it might have been in the back of her mind.

seems like a lot of hellabalou over nothing! Criticism, just to be critical?
Like 8 posts, when we could just ASK first, politely, rather then accuse someone of sloppy detective work.

Was this campground open during the 2004 season year round?

See how easy that was, lol.:waitasec:

Great Idea Oddtree :)

While the jigger johnson campground is a great possible target location for where Maura may have been headed, a much closer destination along that same route she took would be the Woodstock area, an area that both of Maura's parents have each have referenced as a possible place their daughter would've been headed for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77