Post Verdict -Working Out The Unresolved Questions #2

When I look at her gas receipts and miles driven after Sparks NV, she would have 3 full cans unaccounted for at the end of returning the rental car, if I assume she is telling the truth.

Take a look:
At Sparks NV, she has a full tank of gas. According to all gas receipts presented she did not use any gas from gas cans to get there.
If she went to Yreka first then to Redding, this trip would have required about 11 gallons of gas. So at Redding, she is empty.

She returns the rental car empty as we saw on the rental receipt.
On the same day at 12:20 pm (right before she returns the car), she fills up another car $48.25 at Valero, Redding.

So what happened to the 3 gas cans full of gas?

Yes, once she left SLC she only refilled her gas tank for the amount of gas used on the previous leg, so all gas that was in the cans from filling them in SLC remained in them until she got back to Yreka. Maybe she kept the full cans at home thinking she'd need them soon to attend Travis' funeral. :(

It's 7 1/2 driving hours from SLC to Sparks, NV over 500 miles. She would have had to stop for gas before reaching Sparks to put gas in. jmo

It's 7 1/2 driving hours from SLC to Sparks, NV over 500 miles. She would have had to stop for gas before reaching Sparks to put gas in. jmo

I believe she got gas in Winniemucca before she got to Sparks.

Yes, once she left SLC she only refilled her gas tank for the amount of gas used on the previous leg, so all gas that was in the cans from filling them in SLC remained in them until she got back to Yreka. Maybe she kept the full cans at home thinking she'd need them soon to attend Travis' funeral. :(

She could of got extra gas to burn evidence.

Remember the car rental was returned with smoke smell as a remark on the receipt.

She could of got extra gas to burn evidence.

Remember the car rental was returned with smoke smell as a remark on the receipt.

I read a little while ago that the smoke smell notation was made when she picked up the car, not upon returning, so it may not have had anything to do with her roadtrip.

I read a little while ago that the smoke smell notation was made when she picked up the car, not upon returning, so it may not have had anything to do with her roadtrip.

I believe the rental agent's testimony was it smelled like smoke when she returned. Agencies clean them prior to rental so that was on her return slip, along with the missing mats. jmo

Sochi medal count update:
Norway: 5 medals, 2 gold
USA: 3 medals, 2 gold
Canada: 3 medals, 1 gold

We are just trailing behind the USA ! :)

Go-Canada-Goa1.jpg

237001-7_zps12928bbb.png

BBM ~ She could have copied her camera's pics over to Travis' computer and copied it over to the Sony card? Anyways, you're right - it is a moot point now. Didn't Jodi have her 2 cameras with her?

JA took a picture of herself on her phone which is date and time stamped with her dark hair prior to leaving California. In the pictures taken after 1pm on June 4th she has dark hair. We have never seen her with dark hair before her return to Yreka so the pictures had to have been taken at that time. We know she wasn't there prior because she was working and she also owed Travis two months of payments on the BMW, which JA claims she sent to him. No charges on her credit card for a couple of hundred dollars for gas which it would have cost her to travel that far before the 4th. And JM has entered them as evidence because they know they were taken that day. In terms of the actual crime the pictures of them on the bed don't have much relevance other than to prove what time she was there. Plus they were deleted by either her or Travis. The shower pictures were deleted we know by JA because Travis was dead by the time they were deleted. jmo

I wonder if the 'smoke smell' could have just been from driving with the gas cans for so long?

I believe the rental agent's testimony was it smelled like smoke when she returned. Agencies clean them prior to rental so that was on her return slip, along with the missing mats. jmo

The smoke smell remark was noted initially when Jodi picked up the car on June 2. Jodi is the one who complained of smoke smell in the car, so the agent noted it on the June 2 receipt.
We can see the same smoke smell remark when she returns the car only because of the initial remark.

The smoke smell remark was noted initially when Jodi picked up the car on June 2. Jodi is the one who complained of smoke smell in the car, so the agent noted it on the June 2 receipt.
We can see the same smoke smell remark when she returns the car only because of the initial remark.

Was this on her paperwork prior to picking it up or was this what JA testified to?

It is shown on the June 2 rental receipt evidence.

Yes. I just watched the video of the agent's testimony and he never mentioned smoke. So it must have been speculation by a poster at the time as to the smoke smell. The agent never mentions the smoke, just the Kool-Aid stains and the missing mats. See how easily things get carried away and accepted as fact. Thanks, pocketaccent. jmo

We know the reason for filling up the 3 cans in Pasadena CA- she wanted to be invisible in Mesa.
What is the reason for filling up the 3 cans in SLC - She wanted someone to be invisible in California. I will explain why I am thinking that.

1. I roughly calculated her miles (according to her testimony) to be ~2835 miles vs the actual miles driven according to rental receipts 2834 miles. This is from Redding back to Redding.
If her testimony could be believed, she did a pretty good job of matching the miles driven as shown on the rental receipts.

2. She filled up her tank and 3 cans in SLC, filled up again in Winnemucca, then filled up again in Sparks on June 6. She clearly wanted to be visible in those places and she clearly didn't need any gas from the gas cans to get to Sparks.
Then she returns the car empty on June 7. So far it makes sense to me why her tank is empty.

I think somewhere between Sparks, June 6 and Redding, June 7, she gave the 3 cans full of gas to someone so her alibi could be invisible.

The "smoke smell" remark is on the rental receipt from day one of the rental. I assume that when she returned it, that remark remained in there from when she first commented upon it.

rental receipt.jpg

Notice on this initial receipt, it has "estimated charges." It doesn't appear to have the 2800 or so miles driven logged on it yet, either. Notice on this initial receipt that it also does not note that the car came back with no gas. So, comparing these two receipts, it becomes apparent that the smoke smell was first noted on June 2nd.

We know the reason for filling up the 3 cans in Pasadena CA- she wanted to be invisible in Mesa.
What is the reason for filling up the 3 cans in SLC - She wanted someone to be invisible in California. I will explain why I am thinking that.

1. I roughly calculated her miles (according to her testimony) to be ~2835 miles vs the actual miles driven according to rental receipts 2834 miles. This is from Redding back to Redding.
If her testimony could be believed, she did a pretty good job of matching the miles driven as shown on the rental receipts.

2. She filled up her tank and 3 cans in SLC, filled up again in Winnemucca, then filled up again in Sparks on June 6. She clearly wanted to be visible in those places and she clearly didn't need any gas from the gas cans to get to Sparks.
Then she returns the car empty on June 7. So far it makes sense to me why her tank is empty.

I think somewhere between Sparks, June 6 and Redding, June 7, she gave the 3 cans full of gas to someone so her alibi could be invisible.

BBM

I'm not following your last sentence. I believe Flores said they found two gas cans at her grandmother's, right? And I can't remember if they were full or empty. That doesn't mean she didn't give them to someone and then get them back, but I think the third can disappeared by the time police got onto her.

I also can't remember if they were in her new rental car that she was claiming to take to visit Darryl and Matt. The knives in the new rental, she claimed she was taking those to Darryl and books to Matt. So, I want to know if those gas cans were in her car, too. She should have logically been taking them back to Darryl.

Thanks for posting the first receipt WM, I was too lazy to go look for it
to back up what I said above and only had a copy of the one when she
returned the car.

I'm starting to lose my memory of who testified to what, was hoping for a refresher
course with the retrial but we may not get much on a daily basis is status quo
continues throughout. Any guesstimate of when Flores testified about the 2nd
rental? I'll YT and find the relevant part if you have any idea of when it was.

I admit. I'm weird. I like the smell of gas. I also have a boyfriend who hurt his back and smokes inside. Gas and smoke do not smell the same. Is it known for sure that she is the non smoker she claims to be? She could have smoked a cigarette or whatever and burned something in the car. Or she could have burned documents. I don't know how she'd burn a gun and a knife. I think that she put them somewhere that no one would think to look but is right in front of everyone's faces. If she was into check kiting - and thanks for telling me what that was in the last thread because it explains a lot- then she'd have to have documents to burn.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back