KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the website:
Put your thoughts and prayers into Patricia Kimmi and her family. Karen Kimmi a very good friend and teacher of ours have been searching for several days now to find Patricia. Several Students from HHS have been searching for days looking for her also. What we know is that she was abducted from her house forcefully. If you have any information call the Atchison sheriff’s department IMMEDIATLEY don’t hesitate have Patricia come home save and Mrs. Kimmi also all the students that have been out searching to know they did what was needed. “Never let your hopes down she will be found”.

http://www.hhs2013.ezweb123.com/

http://www.ksnt.com/news/local/stor...bsite-For-Missing/-bogicsK1ECrcpIBgJ_k0w.cspx

nurse - it's so hard to believe that someone could have taken her from her home & no one saw a thing.

I've read she lives in a rural areas - are there no neighbors close by? does she live off a country road w/o much traffic?

people in small communities & counties are usually very aware of what's going on is my experience.

Haven't heard that LE has tire tracks from a vehicle or anything. I wonder if they are still waiting on forensic reports.

Apologies for the rambling, but I'm just trying to work out in my head what could have happened to her.

I thought they were bringing out the planes and helicopters too? This is taking waaaay too long in my opinion!!!

I have read that about the planes & 'copters on 2 different sites, NMJ.

I wish LE would say *something* every day - anything.

I have read that about the planes & 'copters on 2 different sites, NMJ.

I wish LE would say *something* every day - anything.
Texasmist, Pat lives in a small modular log cabin style of home. It is off a main road, and no, she has no immediate neighbors. It is entirely possible that no one saw anything, I am pretty sure ot was dark when all this happened, as her dissapearance took place between 5:30 and 7:30 pm. This lady is a tiger-there is no way she would not fight if it was someone she didn't know. I say she knew her abductor, or was conned into believing a family member was hurt, etc. It is my opinion, she tried to escape a vehicle at some point, and that is how her partials were found..... she would not have been walking alone down a dark counrty road....

In olden times (like when I was born), rural people could better look after one another because, for one thing, they were not as mobile---nor was the general population. In the days of family farms, most who lived in the country stayed and worked on their properties during the day. Now, more and more people who live rurally have jobs in town, not to mention the many other distractions technology, and mobility, provide.

The land around the house is cleared, slightly raised and the driveway long. A car approaching would be easy to see through a window. She recently posted some photos of the homestead and I'm trying hard to remember where to find them.

ETA... I tried to change the tag someone has in the bottom but I lack significant permissions. It's Kimmi, not Kimmer. Thanks.

Texasmist, Pat lives in a small modular log cabin style of home. It is off a main road, and no, she has no immediate neighbors. It is entirely possible that no one saw anything, I am pretty sure ot was dark when all this happened, as her dissapearance took place between 5:30 and 7:30 pm. This lady is a tiger-there is no way she would not fight if it was someone she didn't know. I say she knew her abductor, or was conned into believing a family member was hurt, etc. It is my opinion, she tried to escape a vehicle at some point, and that is how her partials were found..... she would not have been walking alone down a dark counrty road....

Thanks, NMJ for explaining. Whatever happened to her, must have been terrifying. Sounds like there was a struggle in the house ("disarray" mentioned IIRC) and then the finding of her partials sounds like another struggle -- or escape as you said.

ITA, as a fighter, she probably did try to jump out of a vehicle.

Still trying to figure out why someone, if they wanted to do her harm, would abduct her.

I wish I could think of a 'logical' instead of a nefarious reason to take her away. :(

I've never met her & this is distressing to me so I cannot imagine how those who know her are feeling right now.

((((hugs))))

I am Pat's daughter Rita, and I was so happy to see you posting about my mom. This is kind of a time of transition, with bringing in the major case squad. We are very blessed to personally know four of the law enforcement guys who started working my mom's disappearance but they told us the major case squad was the very best way to proceed w/ the case. I believe there were around 18 different officers working today in different tasks. It feels very much like a "hurry up and wait" game...so hard. There was nothing new as of today. They are following up on 75 leads.

I keep thinking, "I'll call Mom and see if she can watch the kids while we're out looking", and then I realize, we're looking for HER. Or I want to hurry up and call her about something new that comes up...

I don't how such a horrible, horrible thing could happen to her while I sat at home two miles away and felt NOTHING. How could I not know she needed us there??? WHY would someone do this her??? My brothers and I are up til 3:00 in the morning most nights, racking our brains to figure out how they got her out of the house and what happened after that.

I will keep spreading the message of living for God, because that is what she would want me to do. We keep praying that we will find her quickly.

I am Pat's daughter Rita, and I was so happy to see you posting about my mom. This is kind of a time of transition, with bringing in the major case squad. We are very blessed to personally know four of the law enforcement guys who started working my mom's disappearance but they told us the major case squad was the very best way to proceed w/ the case. I believe there were around 18 different officers working today in different tasks. It feels very much like a "hurry up and wait" game...so hard. There was nothing new as of today. They are following up on 75 leads.

I keep thinking, "I'll call Mom and see if she can watch the kids while we're out looking", and then I realize, we're looking for HER. Or I want to hurry up and call her about something new that comes up...

I don't how such a horrible, horrible thing could happen to her while I sat at home two miles away and felt NOTHING. How could I not know she needed us there??? WHY would someone do this her??? My brothers and I are up til 3:00 in the morning most nights, racking our brains to figure out how they got her out of the house and what happened after that.

I will keep spreading the message of living for God, because that is what she would want me to do. We keep praying that we will find her quickly.
Rita! Please accept my warmest welcome here and the biggest hug ever!! I am so very sorry what your family is going through!! I am in Leavenworth.. do you need more volunteer searchers? I can round up a bunch from the army post here... please let me know if more volunteers are needed and we will be on the road to Horton tomorrow!

Your mother is a beautiful woman and I hope she is found soon. You are in my prayers right now... just as you have been since I first heard about this!!!

So very nice to meet you, Rita...I'm glad you found us...we have tried to keep this thread active so that anyone searching the internet for Pat will see that there's folks here who care.

I wish I could give you a big ((((hug)))) in person.

We have been searching for updated info to see how things are progressing in the case. It was good news when we saw LE is bringing in the Major Case Squad.

Prayers for your mom, you, your family & all who love her & want her back safe & quickly.

<snip>

Law enforcement personnel, joined by dozens of volunteers, have been gathering each day at the Horton Fire Department to begin grid searches in northwest Atchison County, said Trooper Tim McCool, a spokesman for the Kansas Highway Patrol.

The Highway Patrol and the major case squad are here at Mr. Calhoon’s request to assist in the investigation, which is ongoing, Mr. McCool said. Anyone with information should call the Atchison County communications center at (913) 367-4323.

more here

http://www.stjoenews.net/news/2009/nov/12/search-missing-woman-persists/?local

The land around the house is cleared, slightly raised and the driveway long. A car approaching would be easy to see through a window. She recently posted some photos of the homestead and I'm trying hard to remember where to find them.

ETA... I tried to change the tag someone has in the bottom but I lack significant permissions. It's Kimmi, not Kimmer. Thanks.

All the info I found about her were on Yahoo groups. Maybe it was there?

My prayers for Pat that she is found soon!

Rita! Please accept my warmest welcome here and the biggest hug ever!! I am so very sorry what your family is going through!! I am in Leavenworth.. do you need more volunteer searchers? I can round up a bunch from the army post here... please let me know if more volunteers are needed and we will be on the road to Horton tomorrow!

Your mother is a beautiful woman and I hope she is found soon. You are in my prayers right now... just as you have been since I first heard about this!!!

We will take all the volunteers we can get! There has been such an outpouring of love and support, but we know that some of these people have to start getting back to their jobs. Anyone who would like to search can call the Horton Fire Dept at 785-486-9381 to get the information. My Mom frequently comes to the army base there because she works for a packing and moving company - she's always telling me about the military families that she meets. Thank you so much for your encouraging words - she wasn't single when she raised us, but she was both our mother AND father anyway. She can't be gone. I have no idea how we're going to tell all of our kids. We lost Taylor two years ago (my brother's daughter) and we still grieve for her...now Mom. I just don't understand.

Rita I'm so sorry this had to happen to your mom. I pray everyday that she will be found. Be strong, make sure you eat and try to get some rest.

All the info I found about her were on Yahoo groups. Maybe it was there?

They were definately on my Yahoo group, which is private, so I'll have to dig. Google searching won't hit my archives. But the search feature is awful for the list, real buggy lately, so it'll be a manual search.

I'm just now jumping into this thread. I'm saying a prayer that Patricia is found soon and that her family gets the answers they need. I do have a few questions.

Did she have a cellphone? If so, has it been located and where? Has it been pinged, calls and texts looked at?

The road the dentures were found on, do we know where that is and are the searched be conducted in that area?

Was her vehicle still at the house?

I apologize if these were already answered. I'm working with a foggy only three hour sleep brain.

I'm just now jumping into this thread. I'm saying a prayer that Patricia is found soon and that her family gets the answers they need. I do have a few questions.

Did she have a cellphone? If so, has it been located and where? Has it been pinged, calls and texts looked at?

The road the dentures were found on, do we know where that is and are the searched be conducted in that area?

Was her vehicle still at the house?

I apologize if these were already answered. I'm working with a foggy only three hour sleep brain.

Yes, she had a cellphone that she always had with her, NEVER would she have left the house without it. I don't think she would have even went outside on her porch w/ her dog or to do chores without it. ALL of her personal items are still at the house, including her vehicles which were all locked up. Her dog was looking out the front door window when I pulled up to check that very first morning.

EXTENSIVE searching has been done in the 1 mile radius around her house. I myself have been on my hands and knees digging thru dirt, leaves, and whatever, searching for anything. Evidence has been found but not released to the public yet. Searching has now extended out miles and miles in every direction from her home. Yesterday we passed pickups, 4 wheelers, and horses in every direction w/ people out searching, marking bridges and culverts that have been checked twice - ribbons are tied in every area that has been searched and re-searched.

Volunteers have put in hundreds and hundreds of hours and we are so very grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member