Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #15 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly and now his show of regret will follow. IMO he will plead guilty and beg the court for mercy. He will use repentent language and alot of tears to try to gain a judge/jurys sympathy. After he works on his family of course. He will say he sinned, ask for forgiveness and prayer..the whole nine yards. I'm a Christian and do believe in all of those things but if he didnt turn around in five weeks, any remorse he shows is because he was caught and an attempt to manipulate his way out of this. I hope someone is giving his wife and kids wise counsel to stay away from him. He needs to face the consequences alone if there is any hope of him being truly sorry for what he's done.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

And that's when they need to remind the family, the court and the public that he had done this before. That he had planned this for weeks, possibly years and that all during that time he not once considered anyone else's wants, needs or feelings but his own. He regrets getting caught, and that is the sum total of his "regret".

Guess his $4500 didn't last very long. So happy ET was found physically safe. Praying for her emotional happiness.

I don't see that he has so many supporters in her peer group. Most of the kids were seeing this differently as time went on. The lies about the CIA, the weird behavior with other girls before her, the realization of what he was doing to his family, his abandonment of his students, he was just a dirty old man using performance enhancing drugs and abducting a young girl for some perverse fantasy. He went from cool dude to creepy old man from what I've been seeing online. It was sad to watch, really, as these young teens had a hard lesson in reality. I think the reception may appear a bit cold because kids are quick to feel guilty so they'll be awkward about having been friends or liking TC, but that will pass. In a very short time they'll remember there was some sort of drama around TC and this student, but it will just be ghosts in the halls, nothing of any substance. This is also a small town and I'm sure everyone's relieved she's alive and will be more than happy to have her back home. The thing that usually causes issues are the questions that teens will ask, they don't have filters like adults do and that can be hard as an adult to watch, so they have to be reminded what is and isn't okay to ask and ET will be taught how to make boundaries around this. She'll be empowered as to what questions she wants to answer and how to politely and firmly tell someone to get lost.

BBM had not read that. Where did you learn this? I'm late to this thread today and trying to catch up.

First feeble attempt to map out from the Saloon to Black Bear Ranch via Eddy Gulch Road (road location of cabin they were staying at - cannot determine where cabin was on Eddy Gulch Road) The drive would take over an hour and 10 minutes.

BlackBeartoSaloonViaEddyGulchRd.jpg

google maps

BBM had not read that. Where did you learn this? I'm late to this thread today and trying to catch up.
"performance" drugs. The one that seems to end with a man a woman in separate bath tubs in the TV commercials. It's in the federal affidavit. I was being coy with the language. :)

I hope he gets a life sentence because I feel like he has such a grip on her that if he ever comes out he will try to go after her again. He is a danger to society- he can plead and ask for mercy all he wants but he is a sexual predator. He refilled his erectile dysfunction prescription 3 days before running away... We definitely know what his intentions were, I cannot believe people still defend him.

Sounds like she's disconnected from this. That's actually healthy and necessary. This has been very traumatic and disconnecting can be a good thing. Start with the basics, get her some good food, rest and hot shower and let her have a chance to just breathe. Can't even begin to say how wonderful it was to go to sleep last night knowing she was finally safe. It's going to take her a while to feel safe, and until then she's going to be all over the place. I'd be concerned if she wasn't vacillating.

Does anyone have an idea of where they would have had her last night? Every time I read that she's in "custody," I hope and pray that it was in a hotel or home with a real bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He looks really scuzzy and unkept in his mugshot. Between that and his comment that he was "glad it was over" I suspect life on the run wasn't the exciting endeavor TC had thought it would be. I suspected from the start that he would blow through any money they had and stay in relatively comfy motels. What surprises me is that they ended up in Northern Cal. Being a native CA, I know that in those areas locals can be very suspicious.

I am wondering if Tad was planning to get into the pot biz. Siskiyou County is in the 'Emerald Triangle' and there are off the grid growers up there that might have hired him to help out with not too many questions asked?

At any rate I'm so happy for the observant citizens who reported in. If he had worked his way into any professions that discouraged reporting, he may have been able to remain hiddlen longer.

I'm not sure that TC will try and woo his wife and family back, he's going to want to keep ET on his side if he can. Trying to reconcile with his family would send the wrong signals to her. He's such a planner I bet he and ET discussed the "what if". I'm very concerned that there's still "love" between those two.

I don't see that he has so many supporters in her peer group. Most of the kids were seeing this differently as time went on. The lies about the CIA, the weird behavior with other girls before her, the realization of what he was doing to his family, his abandonment of his students, he was just a dirty old man using performance enhancing drugs and abducting a young girl for some perverse fantasy. He went from cool dude to creepy old man from what I've been seeing online. It was sad to watch, really, as these young teens had a hard lesson in reality. I think the reception may appear a bit cold because kids are quick to feel guilty so they'll be awkward about having been friends or liking TC, but that will pass. In a very short time they'll remember there was some sort of drama around TC and this student, but it will just be ghosts in the halls, nothing of any substance. This is also a small town and I'm sure everyone's relieved she's alive and will be more than happy to have her back home. The thing that usually causes issues are the questions that teens will ask, they don't have filters like adults do and that can be hard as an adult to watch, so they have to be reminded what is and isn't okay to ask and ET will be taught how to make boundaries around this. She'll be empowered as to what questions she wants to answer and how to politely and firmly tell someone to get lost.

He does appear to have supporters in the form of internet trolls and 50+ year old men who think the girl was just "horny". But, I am trying not to take these people serious as her case has gained much attention from trolls who have nothing good to do with their lives.

"performance" drugs. The one that seems to end with a man a woman in separate bath tubs in the TV commercials. It's in the federal affidavit. I was being coy with the language. :)

LOL and please call your doctor after 4 hours...

I think when she is in the "custody" of LE that they set them up somewhere to reconnect with the family.

She's 15, even if she went willingly it's not the same as if someone is 18, of legal age, and goes willingly. As a 15 year old, she is underaged, hence, against the law for the adult involved in taking her over state lines.

Agree. The law has these age limits because the cognitive and emotional development of a 15 yr isn't yet complete. For the same reason we don't allow them to drive unsupervised, go to war, etc., kids that age aren't yet capable of sound reasoning and good judgment. It's a physical & developmental fact.

Adult predators like Cummins are aware of this and like to target them because they're vulnerable to their "brainwashing" techniques. As a teacher, Cummins would have learned a great deal about adolescent growth and intellectual & psychological development and how easy it is to victimize them. In a way, he engaged in psychological abuse.

I'm thinking about MCET this morning. And the TBI team who should be with her soon, as it's almost 7:30am here. I hope she was able to get some comfortable rest last night, and that the professionals coming to get her are every bit as compassionate and skilled as I believe they are. In a lot of ways this is just the beginning for her. Most likely everything feels surreal right now. Hugs and love to this dear girl. You are stronger than you know, sweetie!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

March 16, 17 were in Gunyon OK. Map of that location to final cabin.

It has been stated that they went through Berkley ??? I haven't seen a link for that. But this route (just an auto google maps using starting and endpoint) does indeed have them passing through Las Vegas as google's preferred route, as many mentioned previously Vegas might be a stop/destination on their trip.

OKtoEddyGulchRd.JPG

google maps

ETA: Found reference to passing through Berkley

http://abc7news.com/news/sherifftennessee-teen-teacher-passed-through-berkeley/1896185/

http://www.redding.com/story/news/local/2017/04/20/elizabeth-thomas-case-what-we-know-north-state/100721190/

Siskiyou County Sheriff Jon Lopey and deputies described the stakeout and arrest at a news conference Thursday afternoon in Yreka.

"Lopey added that Cummins and Thomas had been in Berkeley, where they had learned of the Black Bear Ranch commune about 20 miles from Cecilville. "He was seeking refuge at Black Bear Ranch," Lopey said."

First feeble attempt to map out from the Saloon to Black Bear Ranch via Eddy Gulch Road (road location of cabin they were staying at - cannot determine where cabin was on Eddy Gulch Road) The drive would take over an hour and 10 minutes.

attachment.php

google maps

This is what I came up with. The little cabins were situated like this and there is a creek behind them as LE said.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 628
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online