Regroup/Refocus for 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I missed posting here for Doogies b-day... I think I must have in the JR. ;)

Alrighty, not to put Doogie on the spot, but I am hoping I might be able to convince him to make a little bit of a late New Years resolution. I know it has been tossed around to get the FBI file, or some file on GW via the FOIA..... can we try to do that this year? Maybe start it this month? I know you mentioned that takes a lot of work, and while I don't know exactly how much work that takes, it's been tossed around for a few years now. I am willing to help in any way I can! Just ask! TY! :truce:

Cubby,

Can we get a thread for 2010? A regroup or new strategy Thread for 2010?

I emailed a company that makes facial recognition software. I am not computer savvy, but they sent me a link to download a trial version. I did read some of what it does; and it is amazing, but not sure if it will do what we need. I think that the trial is free, then $20 for a single computer to get the software. The expense is in the licensing. I think, not sure of what I read, I need a license to search servers or databases. I am going to call them to find out. If anyone is interested let me know and I will forward the email to you. It can search 1,500 faces per second. That's a lot of faces. I thought we could start with facebook or myspace with the age progression drawing to see if there were any matches. Also adoption databases? I don't know what files are private, but we can look into it as we go. Anyone want to help me out?

Hoping to put more things together for ideas to search and also to get media involved.

Bern, this is awesome, I am looking forward to the results!

Brilliant thinking!!

Good idea Bern,

What do you guys think of me changing this thread title from 2009 to 2010? I don't want to lose some of the idea's presented in this thread simply because 2009 is over- and because it's such a short thread.

The general thread is also available for thoughts,comments too.

thoughts? I'm open guys,

I vote to change it to 2010 so if we get lurkers or new members they know to come here and we don't lose last years ideas!

Title changed. Bern, SherlockJr has been very active with the adoption databases etc. over the years. I would ask her advise on the adoption stuff, so she can better explain what she has done.

Also, if you have not already, I strongly recommend getting the book Annasmom wrote, there is a lot of info there which is not posted, and you won't be able to put the book down!

Title changed. Bern, SherlockJr has been very active with the adoption databases etc. over the years. I would ask her advise on the adoption stuff, so she can better explain what she has done.

Also, if you have not already, I strongly recommend getting the book Annasmom wrote, there is a lot of info there which is not posted, and you won't be able to put the book down!

Thank you Cubby,

I do have the book and I did read it. I may read it again. There is lots here that is not in the book too. I am going to find out how one gains access to the databases with photos in them to compare with this software. I will have to call the company. I have no idea what to expect, I do know it can be done with myspace and facebook. But I want more, I want to find out if there is a library of photos of students. At some point in time, Anna had to have a school picture or a prom picture, something! So this is what I am going to work on for now. I wasted all day today trying to figure out that postcard and what was written on it. The only thing I could see was an "F" at the end of the top line that GB could have made. Other than that, I didn't see one thing you guys saw, :( I am moving on.....

Cubby,

Can we get a thread for 2010? A regroup or new strategy Thread for 2010?

I emailed a company that makes facial recognition software. I am not computer savvy, but they sent me a link to download a trial version. I did read some of what it does; and it is amazing, but not sure if it will do what we need. I think that the trial is free, then $20 for a single computer to get the software. The expense is in the licensing. I think, not sure of what I read, I need a license to search servers or databases. I am going to call them to find out. If anyone is interested let me know and I will forward the email to you. It can search 1,500 faces per second. That's a lot of faces. I thought we could start with facebook or myspace with the age progression drawing to see if there were any matches. Also adoption databases? I don't know what files are private, but we can look into it as we go. Anyone want to help me out?

Hoping to put more things together for ideas to search and also to get media involved.

Fantastic idea Bern. I'm happy to help if I can. Can you send me the email please. I'll PM you my email address.

Hi All,

I emailed one of the representatives of the company, Luxand, and let them know why I need the software. They ask in the response email what I wanted to use it for. I explained in short that I wanted to run an progression drawing against any photos on myspace or facebook. I also inquired about costs and licensing.

I got a link for a download, but I don't want to enter a free trial and then find my credit card charged for the license. I don't mind $20 for the software, but it is nearly $3000 for a single license. It goes up depending on the license. So I am hoping they will run this photo for us. :)

The software is unreal. They have different types depending on what you want to do. You can age progress yourself, see what you kids will look like if you have children with your mate, and of course search faces on the internet.

I will keep you posted to my progress and responses.

Is anyone filling out a form for the Freedom of Information Act yet? If not, I don't mind doing that while I wait. I may need help from you all in getting information to fill out the paperwork, but if someone else is doing this, we don't want two of us doing the same thing.

If anyone is interested in forming groups of two or more to tackle different areas of interest we can do that as well. I would like to put something together that we could send off to the media outlets that would be aimed at getting attention back on this case. It would be a lot easier if we divided up tasks and had a target date to complete the package.

Let me know if anyone is interested or contact Cubby or Doogie.

Thanks
Bern

bern, I have not been able to look at the freedom of info stuff. Go for it! It may be awhile until I am able to get to it anyway, so please go right ahead!

I hope they will look up the pic too, 3000 is a lot of money!

If anyone is interested in forming groups of two or more to tackle different areas of interest we can do that as well. I would like to put something together that we could send off to the media outlets that would be aimed at getting attention back on this case. It would be a lot easier if we divided up tasks and had a target date to complete the package.

Thanks
Bern

The issue of ideas, leads, information etc, being overlooked or forgotten about has come up several times.

I have been looking into a way of compiling this information on an online database. Initially, it would be a lot of work to go through the threads and compile the information on the database but once it's done it would be a fantastic quick reference for us to check that things are not overlooked or buried in a thread somewhere. If there are a few other members that know how to build a database that would like to help, it probably wouldn't take too long to do it.

I'll use the thread "Possible matches for Anna" as an example. We can list all the names of people that have been suggested as possible matches, if they have been ruled out or not, if ruled out, the reason why and where ever possible a picture of the person (this would not be available to the general public and even if it came up in a google search they wouldn't be able to access it).

This database would not be available to lerkers, only members that are willing to provide their email address. You can also nominate who is allowed to add or alter information in the database.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks

I like the idea of a place that would contain how has been ruled out and how we are currently looking at. It would keep us from overlapping and re-looking and well you know, save time.

I am going to put some ideas together this week and maybe do an outline of things we can get together to send off to the media. Then we can volunteer to tackle things that need done.

I will also check into the Freedom of Information Act as well. Annamom if I need infor I will email you :) Not sure what I will need to get information from the FBI, if only Nostradamus was still alive........

I like the idea of a place that would contain how has been ruled out and how we are currently looking at. It would keep us from overlapping and re-looking and well you know, save time.

I am going to put some ideas together this week and maybe do an outline of things we can get together to send off to the media. Then we can volunteer to tackle things that need done.

I will also check into the Freedom of Information Act as well. Annamom if I need infor I will email you :) Not sure what I will need to get information from the FBI, if only Nostradamus was still alive........

I was thinking, as well as the mainstream media maybe we should contact a couple of the true crime shows. Maybe even suggest they start a new show exclusively for missing people.

I think true crime show would be great! I was also thinking 48 hours as they have film footage that they didn't use (Annasmom pointed that out to me) also AMW, Dr. Phil. because he has so many resources and could give some great insight on the psychological side of this case.

I will work on an outline of what we need and maybe we can look at it and add to it or edit it. Then we can get started on getting others to help so we divide up the work and get it going. I really think if we come up with a package of information that we can send out to different media outlets we have a better chance of catching some fish :)

I think true crime show would be great! I was also thinking 48 hours as they have film footage that they didn't use (Annasmom pointed that out to me) also AMW, Dr. Phil. because he has so many resources and could give some great insight on the psychological side of this case.

I will work on an outline of what we need and maybe we can look at it and add to it or edit it. Then we can get started on getting others to help so we divide up the work and get it going. I really think if we come up with a package of information that we can send out to different media outlets we have a better chance of catching some fish :)

I've already tried Oprah several and so has Annasmom and others and no one has had a response. I have also tried Oprah's book club for Searching for Anna and I have email one of our largest book stores here in Australia (must follow this up as I did it just before Christmas). Someone emailed Dr Phil just recently also but I don't know what came of that, might have to have a look at the media thread to see who sent it (I can't remember) and follow that up too.

I know that with Dr. Phil, just because you get a no or not interested doesn't mean you shouldn't ask again. His producers have reconsidered shows in the past and did them. So that is why I want a package that contains all the really important things that pertain to his show. The book, the letters, the characters and anything of interest to a producer of a show. The more photos the better. We need a great cover letter! We need to make this stand out from all the other people wanting a spot on his show. I know it sounds cold, but it is about rating first with the producer, fixing problems is second. It may not be that way with him and Robin, but it goes through the producers first.

AMW is a long shot, there is so much crime that is current that they focus on things and people that can be caught, but you never know.

48 Hours would be a follow up sort of case. We present the mystery side of the case, the unsolved side because that is what they are about.

So the package can be the same, but the cover letters must appeal to the show producers.

I did a USPEOPLE search on E.W. (you all know the name) Are we still interested in her? I found several and I want to do the background check, but would like to narrow it down, for $ reasons.

Which one is my best bet?

San Francisco, CA - no age listed or possible relatives
Pacifica CA- no age listed or possible relatives

or Green Bay, WI - (age 99 ) has a relative listed as Anna Wanek - I emailed this woman by the way, age 45, no response. Other names of this family are on the E.W thread. I listed them. But no connection to CA as far as I can see.

Once I get the report there will be possible relatives, old address, neighbors, all kinds of stuff, credit reports too. If it is available to them, it will show up. I just don't know which one I should start with to cut down on $.

I know that with Dr. Phil, just because you get a no or not interested doesn't mean you shouldn't ask again. His producers have reconsidered shows in the past and did them. So that is why I want a package that contains all the really important things that pertain to his show. The book, the letters, the characters and anything of interest to a producer of a show. The more photos the better. We need a great cover letter! We need to make this stand out from all the other people wanting a spot on his show. I know it sounds cold, but it is about rating first with the producer, fixing problems is second. It may not be that way with him and Robin, but it goes through the producers first.

AMW is a long shot, there is so much crime that is current that they focus on things and people that can be caught, but you never know.

48 Hours would be a follow up sort of case. We present the mystery side of the case, the unsolved side because that is what they are about.

So the package can be the same, but the cover letters must appeal to the show producers.

I still think 48 Hours is our best bet because they already have a considerable investment in the story, plus lots of video footage they took three years ago on site. I can't remember the name of the producer. The reason they didn't use the material was that the DNA match we were anticipating did not happen--it wasn't a match--but I think someone could make a case for the mystery as it stands.

Just to let you know, I did go to the site and I am not sure what forms I need to send in. I do know I will need SSN and proof of death on GW. I did call and left a message for them to call me back. So if some one has this information can you pm me? This way I can save a bit of time.

Just to let you know, I did go to the site and I am not sure what forms I need to send in. I do know I will need SSN and proof of death on GW. I did call and left a message for them to call me back. So if some one has this information can you pm me? This way I can save a bit of time.
Bern, I'll PM copies of the documents to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam