GUILTY MI - Firefighter Accused of Enslaving, Sexually Abusing Daughter

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...xually-abusing-her-20111223-dk?obref=obinsite

After two years of being held captive, used as a sex slave by her own father, a 15-year old girl walks into the Romulus Police station to get help. Police say she escaped.

Now her father, a firefighter, could spend the rest of his life behind bars.

"I hope to God this man never gets out of jail, " says Romulus Police Chief Robert Dickerson.
------

Police say the girl had to sleep with her father , raise her younger siblings, all while going to school each day, pretending she was ok . But she had enough. She ran away to her mother, who took her to the police.

More at link with video...

This is so sickening to hear. I hope he spends the rest of his life in jail. I'm just at a loss for words.

I am glad she had the courage to tell what was happening to her and she can now get the help she needs.This man must never walk the streets again!!!

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...xually-abusing-her-20111223-dk?obref=obinsite

After two years of being held captive, used as a sex slave by her own father, a 15-year old girl walks into the Romulus Police station to get help. Police say she escaped.

Now her father, a firefighter, could spend the rest of his life behind bars.

"I hope to God this man never gets out of jail, " says Romulus Police Chief Robert Dickerson.
------

Police say the girl had to sleep with her father , raise her younger siblings, all while going to school each day, pretending she was ok . But she had enough. She ran away to her mother, who took her to the police.

More at link with video...

From your link:

"Chief Dickerson is urging all parents to talk to their children over this Holiday break to ind out what's really going on in their lives --at home, at school - everywhere.

And kids speak up. Dickerson says if you need to, call 911 and the police will come pick you up."

Hopefully this bolded sentence (BBM) will reach a child somewhere...

So sad. Weird story. It says it started when she was 13, which I find odd. I wonder what happened 2 years ago. Did Mom leave? Usually, it seems abusers start earlier if there is opportunity.

This girl was very brave and hopefully she will receive the love and support she needs.

From your link:

"Chief Dickerson is urging all parents to talk to their children over this Holiday break to ind out what's really going on in their lives --at home, at school - everywhere.

And kids speak up. Dickerson says if you need to, call 911 and the police will come pick you up."

So sad. Weird story. It says it started when she was 13, which I find odd. I wonder what happened 2 years ago. Did Mom leave? Usually, it seems abusers start earlier if there is opportunity.

This girl was very brave and hopefully she will receive the love and support she needs.

Not uncommon. Around 13 is when she probably began to develop. It was the age when my abuse began. I am so glad she found the courage to seek help.

I wonder if the man is id'd by his occupation to try and garner some kind of sympathy for him? Most people seem to put fire fighters on a pedastal, a hero type person. He should be locked up for the rest of his life, and his fellow inmates should know why he is there.

From your link:

I was wondering about the background also..obviously he and the mother are separated but wonder why she didn't have the children, or at least this girl with her. At least the child felt she could turn to the mother for help and the mother did the right thing by taking her to the police.

:furious: Daggers in the heart are not good enough !

Here is my guess-because he is her father and a first responder he will get 5 years or less.

They dont even call it rape in this story.

They have so far only mentioned 1st degree criminal sexual conduct. However, one article did say 'numerous' charges. I hope that is correct. What about the production of child *advertiser censored*, incest, slavery, etc.? Even though the one charge carries a possible life sentence, I hope the many other charges are not overlooked.

I find it unusual that the identity of the suspect was not given. I have a feeling LE is treading carefully with this guy because he is a supposedly "trusted public servant" of 16 years. They could also be holding names close to protect the 15-year-old victim. Her life has been horrendous and people in the area will be able to identify the victim, which would make her life even more difficult.

Without a name to search, it is difficult to follow up on this case. Let's hope we hear more about it when LE finishes its investigation and has it's I's dotted and T's crossed.

I wonder if the man is id'd by his occupation to try and garner some kind of sympathy for him? Most people seem to put fire fighters on a pedastal, a hero type person. He should be locked up for the rest of his life, and his fellow inmates should know why he is there.

I'm a bit media jaded, so my take on it is that they identify him by his job and the length of time he has been a firefighter in order to make the story even more shocking. There's a certain amount of shock value in the charges alone, of course, but why pass on the opportunity to make it even more shocking by letting everyone know exactly what this guy did for a living, which should have made him more trustworthy?

Personally, I don't care what his job was, his most important job should have been fatherhood, but obviously, that didn't happen.

I think they are using the firemen title just as a means of identification since his name has not been released. I doubt his name will be released at any time in order to protect the identity of his daughter.

I find it unusual that the identity of the suspect was not given. I have a feeling LE is treading carefully with this guy because he is a supposedly "trusted public servant" of 16 years. They could also be holding names close to protect the 15-year-old victim. Her life has been horrendous and people in the area will be able to identify the victim, which would make her life even more difficult.

Without a name to search, it is difficult to follow up on this case. Let's hope we hear more about it when LE finishes its investigation and has it's I's dotted and T's crossed.

Many media are doing this now. To identify the suspect would be enough info to identify the victim. They are trying to protect the victim.

Because of his profession he is considered to be in a position of trust. Actually they often tack on an extra 6 months or so on a sentence for violation of that trust.

Here is my guess-because he is her father and a first responder he will get 5 years or less.

They dont even call it rape in this story.

I think the fact that he is a firefighter-a public servant-he will actually get MORE time.

Without even names, I would love to know if there was a mother in that household.

Without even names, I would love to know if there was a mother in that household.

Evidently the mother was out of the household, cause when the child ran away from father's, she ran to mother and mother took her to police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back